Texas Rangers

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Hate to say it but that was the best chance the Rangers had to win. Now with the season over so are the services fom Cliff Lee. He will go where the money is and will end up fizzling out up there.
Cliff Lee isn't the end all for the Rangers. Last time I checked he managed to get demolished in game 1, and threw a meat pitch to Renteria last night. He had the same issues in Philly, when he is off he gets blasted. He had some big wins in the post season but was pretty mediocre during the season. He does bring a veteran wisdom to a young pitching crew though. Colby Lewis and C.J. both did pretty well for their first post season apperance. Hopefully Tommy will take the offseason to get some conditioning in so he can go past 5 innings.

Bats did fizzle out. They just couldn't catch any breaks. There were a few good battles in there, but the top of the order was terrible. Seemed as if everyone was basically swinging for the fences trying to play catchup.

I was able to make it to Game 5 (section 8 row 5 20 ft in from the foul poll in left) and saw a good Giants team rush the field. For a guy that has played from the age of 5 all the way to 2 years in D1 it was a damn good rush.

I have plenty more to say but it is all here say baseball talk. Was a good ride, can't wait till next season. If Cliff goes it will be to the Yankees, and he will fit perfectly with their hot and cold pitching staff.

Last edited by redz_02; 11-02-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redz_02
Cliff Lee isn't the end all for the Rangers. Last time I checked he managed to get demolished in game 1, and threw a meat pitch to Renteria last night. He had the same issues in Philly, when he is off he gets blasted. He had some big wins in the post season but was pretty mediocre during the season. He does bring a veteran wisdom to a young pitching crew though. Colby Lewis and C.J. both did pretty well for their first post season apperance. Hopefully Tommy will take the offseason to get some conditioning in so he can go past 5 innings.

Bats did fizzle out. They just couldn't catch any breaks. There were a few good battles in there, but the top of the order was terrible. Seemed as if everyone was basically swinging for the fences trying to play catchup.

I was able to make it to Game 5 (section 8 row 5 20 ft in from the foul poll in left) and saw a good Giants team rush the field. For a guy that has played from the age of 5 all the way to 2 years in D1 it was a damn good rush.

I have plenty more to say but it is all here say baseball talk. Was a good ride, can't wait till next season. If Cliff goes it will be to the Yankees, and he will fit perfectly with their hot and cold pitching staff.

Lee played a big part in getting as far as they did. Not saying someone else couldn't do it but during the WS they just didn't have a chance for some reason. I hope Lee stays he would have a better chance at making the post season being in the west, but the $$$$$'s will dictate where he eventually goes.