Anyone with a black lt1 trans am getting work done at T3 in cedar park?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone with a black lt1 trans am getting work done at T3 in cedar park?

Today i spot a black lt1 trans am on what appeared to be chrome c5 Z06 wheels, and then i see a motor on a stand which is obviously a lt1, the manager comes up to the counter to help me (im getting an alignment on our work truck) and i ask him about the motor

me- Is that lt1 for that trans am over there?
Manager- that's not an lt1, that's an ls1
Me- really? i am positive that's and lt1
Manager- oh no, thats an ls1, were swapping it for the old lt1
Me-Oh ya? I am positive that's an lt1, those are most definitely lt1 heads
Manager- uhhhh.... how can you tell?
Me- i can tell by the way the headers are like [o oo o] instead of [o o o o ],(and i mention many other things dis proving him)

Manager- oh ya, well they are lt1 heads, but thats an ls1 block.. you see how the water pump whole is bigger than a lt1?
Me- no, i can only see the back of the engine from this window, thats an lt1 oil pan too, i am positive of it

Manager- oh, well what company name did you want to put the alignment under?

Obviously he knows he is caught and changes the subject. when i go back up there to drop my boss off to get the truck i will try and get some pics, and show him my ls1

So if anyone knows of this person having work done to trans am, might give T3 a call and check this out, because im sure they are charging him a arm and a leg for this "ls1 swap" which is not an ls1
Old 11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that sucks... not sure who's it is Andrew...
Old 11-04-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

ya, i didnt want to get to crazy with the argument considering he had not done the alignment yet, but i am 100% positive this was an lt1, and this guy tries to claim to me this iron block "ls1" has lt1 heads on it, and the owner is paying, and expecting to get a ls1. Im not sure who's car this is but that's not cool. If he would have just said "ya that's and lt1", that would have been the end of it, but he tried to tell me this lt1 was and ls1 and was asking me to tell him how i knew and what was different that i could tell from looking at it
Old 11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Poor trans am on a side note whats T3? sounds like a bunch of asshats.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

T3 is the name of the shop, its right at 183 and new Hope, across from tractor supply

Jay you should go up there and ask about it too, i could tell he was uncomfortable once i started telling him all the difference between the ls1 and lt1 and that the motor on the stand was a lt1 no doubt
Old 11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Teching In

This could get good.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Ya I don't know what they are trying to pull, but hopefully the owner sees this post, or knows enough about the 2 motors to know what's going one and hopefully doesn't get scammed
Old 11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

183 and new hope you say...that's on the way...might have to pay them a visit and check it out
Old 11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Ya its right around the corner from you and me, it would be interesting to hear the stories they tell other people too lol, I wish I remember the guys name who was telling me this, he was a bigger white guy, I think he was bald, I can't remember I'm sure ill see him today when I pick the truck up
Old 11-04-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Might try and get the licence plate off the car and see if any of the cops on here can look him up for you.

Worth a shot!!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Ya I thought about that, I figured I would try this method before I went to the police
Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went by there and I talked to the guy at the front desk...He said that they pulled an ls1 out of the car because the guy was turning 9000rpms and it overheated running it well over 300degrees...lol..So he then told me they were going to step it up and put an lt1 in it...I told the guy i was thinking about replacing the supercharged 5.3 in my truck with a turboed 6.0...I asked him about pulling the motor out and installing a new one in my truck(that was the excuse to go in there and talk to the guy) and he said it would not be worth the hassle, time, or the money, and that I would be better off just purchasing a new truck because it would take so much work to pull the 5.3 out of my truck and put a 6.0 in its place...He also stated that I would have to run an entirely new computer and wiring harness along with a new gas tank, new sending unit, etc...He mentioned that it's not like in the old days when you could just swap motors out...So I told him I guess I need to buy a 72 super then and he said I could fix you up, I've got an 82 with a 350 making well over 500 to the tires...
Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fondle
Ya its right around the corner from you and me, it would be interesting to hear the stories they tell other people too lol, I wish I remember the guys name who was telling me this, he was a bigger white guy, I think he was bald, I can't remember I'm sure ill see him today when I pick the truck up
The guy I talked to was a bigger white guy but he wasn't bald but he was wearing a ball cap
Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Might try and get the licence plate off the car and see if any of the cops on here can look him up for you.

Worth a shot!!
I totally forgot to check to see if I could get the plate number off the car...
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Brb going to rev my lt1ls1 to 9000rpms @ 300degrees. ITS GOT NITROUS!

what a bunch of jerk offs.. Im going to push my car up there and tell them to install a ford motor in it and see what they say haha
Old 11-04-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
I went by there and I talked to the guy at the front desk...He said that they pulled an ls1 out of the car because the guy was turning 9000rpms and it overheated running it well over 300degrees...lol..So he then told me they were going to step it up and put an lt1 in it...I told the guy i was thinking about replacing the supercharged 5.3 in my truck with a turboed 6.0...I asked him about pulling the motor out and installing a new one in my truck(that was the excuse to go in there and talk to the guy) and he said it would not be worth the hassle, time, or the money, and that I would be better off just purchasing a new truck because it would take so much work to pull the 5.3 out of my truck and put a 6.0 in its place...He also stated that I would have to run an entirely new computer and wiring harness along with a new gas tank, new sending unit, etc...He mentioned that it's not like in the old days when you could just swap motors out...So I told him I guess I need to buy a 72 super then and he said I could fix you up, I've got an 82 with a 350 making well over 500 to the tires...
Sounds like they shouldn't be working on cars, I don't know if these guys are actual scammers, or just plain retarded

I wanna bring some lt1 heads and see what kind of magic their doing to get them to fit on my ls1
Old 11-04-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMAO! I'd hate to be that guy who owned the T/A.. But then again... What was he thinking bringing it to a shop like that?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OMG!!!!!! GET that poor T/A out of there!!!! They will be lucky if it runs at all...
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I bet the manager is just a paper pusher and not a mechanic.

-Buddy-
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Ya the mechanics looked like they knew what they were doing, and they do good work, but the guy at the counter doesn't know what he is talking about, or he was doing something sketchy