Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ended up happening with this?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont knopw if it matters or not but i saw them testing the tanks about a week ago. I was at work and drove by and saw a van parked over by the manyways and looked to be pulling samples. meant to get on here and say something but forgot til i saw the thread bumped.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

I'm also curious about the outcome of this
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Well after a few months of trying to get things made right the nice guy way, the outcome of this is me taking legal action for this due to Seth the general manager ignoring my emails and phone calls and basically avoiding the whole situation.. In the process of trying to get things made right the not so nice (legal way). Im in the hunt for a cheap stock shortblock to get the car up and running for the time being while I ever so patiently wait to have my other one replaced..I'll post up what the final outcome of this is.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck with this. Be prepared to spend a lot of money to prove your case and legal fees. The Angel Brothers has some very deep pockets and I’m sure they have some of the very best attorneys on retainer.

Have you taken your motor to an engine builder to let then diagnose what cause the motor to fail? If not you need to, it will help your case. What the lady said at the ticket booth is going to be hear say because she is not going to admit to saying that come court day.

Hopefully this gets resolved but I highly doubt it will…
Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Good luck with this. Be prepared to spend a lot of money to prove your case and legal fees. The Angel Brothers has some very deep pockets and I’m sure they have some of the very best attorneys on retainer.

Have you taken your motor to an engine builder to let then diagnose what cause the motor to fail? If not you need to, it will help your case. What the lady said at the ticket booth is going to be hear say because she is not going to admit to saying that come court day.

Hopefully this gets resolved but I highly doubt it will…
x2

hate to say it, but your better off just rebuilding your engine. instead of wasting money on an Lawyer.

Let us know, and hope you get it worked out....
Old 01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I would go for the lawsuit just on principal, be a pain in their *** for a while if thats all you can do. To let somebody get away with such BS just because you might not win is letting a criminal commit a crime and not doing anything about it because its easyier that way. If youre gonna lose, make them work for the win.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Hopefully the threat of legal action will spur them to settle quickly. However they have deep pockets and could just simply drag this on until your buried in attorneys fees and are forced to drop your case. I am guessing you are paying an attorney by the hour, that could quickly go past the cost of a new short block as others have mentioned. That is unless you have this lawyer working on contingency, which is doubtful for such a case that will not have a big settlement.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

stuff like this makes people without deep pockets really show where we stand
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
I think I would go for the lawsuit just on principal, be a pain in their *** for a while if thats all you can do. To let somebody get away with such BS just because you might not win is letting a criminal commit a crime and not doing anything about it because its easyier that way. If youre gonna lose, make them work for the win.
I agree, but in this case unless you just have money to waste it's not worth it. Lawyers have a business to run too, and good laywers ain't cheap and cheap lawyers ain't good.... Most retainers cost what a block costs, and those are "cheap" lawyers..... see where this is going? Best thing I would do is see if he could get a laywer to write a "scare" letter for cheap/free. Maybe this would work.

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Hopefully the threat of legal action will spur them to settle quickly. However they have deep pockets and could just simply drag this on until your buried in attorneys fees and are forced to drop your case. I am guessing you are paying an attorney by the hour, that could quickly go past the cost of a new short block as others have mentioned. That is unless you have this lawyer working on contingency, which is doubtful for such a case that will not have a big settlement.
i agree with ya.

Originally Posted by tdi_hatch
stuff like this makes people without deep pockets really show where we stand
sucks doesn't it...
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

After talking with a guy i bought a new cylinder head off of last week. He told me about his buddy that had the same thing happen to him and he got them to cut a check with just a letter from his attorney so well see how far that gets me.. and i agree with cars and women 100%. Im not gonna just let them screw people out of all their hard work and money and just walk away like it never happen.. that principle alone is worth a lil bit of money..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

And as far as just building another motor. I just got me a ls2 with next to no miles on it for hell of a deal so all is well. Regardless of the outcome with the lawsuit im just hopefull that maybe i saved someone on here the grief that iv had to go through with all this... play it safe and DONT USE THEIR GAS! Hell., you wont ever catch me at that dragstrip again after all this ****.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

cool deal Zman. Good luck with it all.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zman420
And as far as just building another motor. I just got me a ls2 with next to no miles on it for hell of a deal so all is well. Regardless of the outcome with the lawsuit im just hopefull that maybe i saved someone on here the grief that iv had to go through with all this... play it safe and DONT USE THEIR GAS! Hell., you wont ever catch me at that dragstrip again after all this ****.

Your doing the best thing you can, spreading the word about their misdeeds. Congrats on the motor and I hope you get something from these bums...
Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks a ton for the support guys! Means alot
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Doms im with ya, to me personally I think Id throw at least a little money at em, the scare letter, hell go down there and file the suit (small claims court is free), then once they see its really going down like that they may settle out of court and you can drop the suit. Get the expensive lawyer to write a damn good letter, and the cheap lawyer to do all the paperwork but when youre broke youre broke, so push it as far as you can