unemployed and found a now hiring sign

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by layz
maybe if i found the right one. then maybe i would go back..i worked for a company for 7yrs and just had a baby and had to take some time off for doctors app. for the baby and came back with docs notes and they let me go...my supervisor was a real dick to everyone up there...he called us names and critisized everything that we did...called an old guy slow and said lets get rid of him and called a guy a ***** and lets get rid of him..im glad i got fired from that hell hole....
dam bro...lawsuit? hahaha. id never get treated like that in a work environment. But good luck job hunting, as others said, oriellys is better then not having a job.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick.celis
dam bro...lawsuit? hahaha. id never get treated like that in a work environment. But good luck job hunting, as others said, oriellys is better then not having a job.
+1...should have at least decked your boss on the way out...would have made me feel better if I would have been in your shoes...no reason for anyone to ever be treated that way
Old 11-30-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If they are hring and you can be in an industry where you enjoy what you are doing and know a little about what you are selling then I say you try to get it, plus oatmeal is better than no meal and you gotta eat, right?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what was he grounds on firing you, it could not have been for taking your baby to the doctor... isn't that the same as you going to the doctor, or being on medical leave? isn't that covered by law with the texas workers commission or w/e they are called? i would look into, that if that was his reason of firing you, thats why i ask what his actual reasoning was.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
How have you not found work in the DFW area? How can you not go down a road and NOT see a Now Hiring Sign in this area. Are you worth more than what the market is offering you??
^
This. I have worked in DFW for the last 10+ years and I have never gone without a job for more than 3 weeks (because I was picky).

I started at a valet company in July making $2.83 an hour, ending up with about $9/hr average. 5 months later I'm making an average of $13-14 an hour at the same place. You just have to work hard.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
what was he grounds on firing you, it could not have been for taking your baby to the doctor... isn't that the same as you going to the doctor, or being on medical leave? isn't that covered by law with the texas workers commission or w/e they are called? i would look into, that if that was his reason of firing you, thats why i ask what his actual reasoning was.
Yes it is, there is more to the story Im sure. Most of my friends I know who bitch about their jobs and got fired and have the same attitude towards their former place of work are lazy asses whove never been able to keep a job to begin with.

I kind of wonder what the point is of this thread. Your unemployement is running out, so youre not going to have any money coming in and there is a job open. Some money is better than no money, swallow your pride and quit being lazy.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Some money is better than no money, swallow your pride and quit being lazy.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Teching In

I used to work for them the discount is bad *** but the pay suck I was full time making 725 hour but it was better then nothing then got a job at a delearship and worked there part time just cuz its a easy job but this was two years ago they offered nine if I wanted to go back but its all up to u and how u feel about it