Smog pump question!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog pump question!!!!

I have a 96 camaro z28 lt1 i have edelbrock shortys on it with the smog pump all tied in. Everyone says take the smog pump of and the shorty header and the car would breath better well im all up for it but is it guna trip the (ses) light. And if it does do i half to get it tuned again since i took that smog crap off. Thanks guys
Old 11-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Launching!

It's make the engine bay look nicer, but you won't gain anything.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...p-removal.html
Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled mine out this weekend with my header swap and it does give you a ton more room to work in there especially on the driverside. As to the tune since you are OBDII you definately will have to have it tuned out as it will thow an SES light OBDI is hit or miss if you get an SES but usually not if you have a good fuse and relay in there.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Pulled mine out this weekend with my header swap and it does give you a ton more room to work in there especially on the driverside. As to the tune since you are OBDII you definately will have to have it tuned out as it will thow an SES light OBDI is hit or miss if you get an SES but usually not if you have a good fuse and relay in there.
Well i havent dun it yet i was just askin wat would happend if u took it off but im guna take it off it. Well it make the care run like crap win i take it off
Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedZ28
Well i havent dun it yet i was just askin wat would happend if u took it off but im guna take it off it. Well it make the care run like crap win i take it off
It shouldn't run like crap and should run normally. Just throw an SES light that will give you problems when it comes to inspection time.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

It shouldn't run like crap and should run normally. Just throw an SES light that will give you problems when it comes to inspection time.
Ok thanks bro that means i dont have a problem then i have no emissions wer i live
Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedZ28
Ok thanks bro that means i dont have a problem then i have no emissions wer i live
It doesn't matter if you have emissions in your county or not as an SES light on will not allow you to pass an inspection. Get it tuned out to be safe.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

It doesn't matter if you have emissions in your county or not as an SES light on will not allow you to pass an inspection. Get it tuned out to be safe.
Thanks brother its greatly appriciated