Headed to Texas (Wichita Falls - Iowa Park)....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headed to Texas (Wichita Falls - Iowa Park)....

So I'm in the Air Force and just got orders to be an instructor at Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls. Any of ya'll from the area? Whats the racing scene around there, as I will be bringing the race car. Just curious. I would like to run maybe a 6.0/5.9 index class or maybe a modified type heads up class if there are any around. It looks like I'll be looking to buy a house around the Iowa Park area outside of Wichita Falls. Any advice from you locals?
Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not much i know of goes on there. however not to far from there theres a once a year Vernon st car cruise. gets pretty good. oh yea cant miss the camels off 287 not far from there.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
not much i know of goes on there. however not to far from there theres a once a year Vernon st car cruise. gets pretty good. oh yea cant miss the camels off 287 not far from there.
Camels Joe? You must be bored to know that...lol
Old 12-12-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm from Vernon and Joe ain't lying there are camels out side of Iowa park on 287 there is a 1/8 mile track in wf and a Gd Lil car scene in wf as well.

Last edited by sway99bird; 12-12-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sway99bird
I'm from Vernon and Joe ain't lying there are camels out side of Iowa park on 287 there is a 1/8 track in wf and a Gd Lil car scene in wf as well.
Sounds good. What's the name of the track? Are there any local forums that you know of? PM me if there are, don't wanna post them up here. lol

The race car is a trailer queen, so I'm not afraid to travel around with it to a point. I'm sure I'll make my way down to Dallas often, but I'd like to keep TNT a little more local.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

We have a great street scene in Wichita Falls. In our group we have several supercharged cars, several nitroused cars, and heads and cam are common. Not alot happening now because of the weather but it really picks up in the spring. We have a very nice 1/8th mile track between Iowa Park and Wichita Falls. http://www.wichitaracewaypark.com/ Sooner Raceway is another 1/8th mile track 40 miles north of here near Lawton, Oklahoma. The Quarter mile tracks are south of Fort Worth about 150 miles away, and near Oklahoma City, about 140 miles away. As for housing, it's a buyers market here now. Lots of nice homes very resonable. You may want to look in Burkburnett if you prefer to live outside Wichita Falls. It is close to the base and has lots more homes available than Iowa Park. If I can help you in any way just give me a call anytime at 940-692-4891. My name is John but the guys in the group call me the old man.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.wichitaracewaypark.com/index.html

There are plenty of tracks in the DFW and Ennis not that far away really.....

Kennadle,TX
http://www.texasraceway.com/main.asp?page=home

Ennis,Tx
http://www.texasmotorplex.com/wp-con...com/index.html
Old 12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gold Z
We have a great street scene in Wichita Falls. In our group we have several supercharged cars, several nitroused cars, and heads and cam are common. Not alot happening now because of the weather but it really picks up in the spring. We have a very nice 1/8th mile track between Iowa Park and Wichita Falls. http://www.wichitaracewaypark.com/ Sooner Raceway is another 1/8th mile track 40 miles north of here near Lawton, Oklahoma. The Quarter mile tracks are south of Fort Worth about 150 miles away, and near Oklahoma City, about 140 miles away. As for housing, it's a buyers market here now. Lots of nice homes very resonable. You may want to look in Burkburnett if you prefer to live outside Wichita Falls. It is close to the base and has lots more homes available than Iowa Park. If I can help you in any way just give me a call anytime at 940-692-4891. My name is John but the guys in the group call me the old man.
old man simms ! you got that Vette going good ?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sway99bird
old man simms ! you got that Vette going good ?

Yep......I've got it running real good.