RIP C5: Need an agressive attorney

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010 | 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I wasn't going 40 but a true testament of C5 safety. We both walked away with minor scratches.

Old 12-15-2010 | 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
Yeah, I wasn't going 40 but a true testament of C5 safety. We both walked away with minor scratches.

legally, you were VERY LUCKY in your incident... we'll leave it at that.
Old 12-15-2010 | 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TINKRD
legally, you were VERY LUCKY in your incident... we'll leave it at that.
I agree 1000000000000000000000000000%
Old 12-15-2010 | 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Again......

what other vehicle was involved.......?????
White pick-up truck. Will try to attach pic.
Attached Thumbnails RIP C5: Need an agressive attorney-12-13-10-accident.jpeg  
Old 12-15-2010 | 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

the OP's windshield wasnt even shattered. not even cracked.
i seriously doubt it was any higher than 40mph
Old 12-15-2010 | 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Hope you get it taken care of - fighting insurance companies is a pain in the rear
Old 12-15-2010 | 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
White pick-up truck. Will try to attach pic.
With the police report not being in your favor and the fact that you did fit the rear of his vehicle you more than likely wont stand a chance in court. Im not a lawyer but if you hit someone in the rear, the odds are already stacked against you. Having the police report that says you were speeding is already two strikes. Better get the best lawyer possible and david caruso on the job.
Old 12-15-2010 | 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

I dunno what you are saying there. From the picture it looks like the guy was pulling out intending to turn left and they hit him in the left side of his bed right near the rear wheel. The wheel/axle is probably what caused the most severe distortion to the front of the Vette (the part where people thought it looked like it hit a pole). If that is the case, he is at fault because he did not yield the right of way to people that were already in that lane of traffic. The only way he would not be at fault if he would have pulled out to turn right, had already completely entered that lane and was hit squarely in the rear end. Not on the side, not on a corner. You never have the right to pull out in front of someone that is already on a road which is why the liability works like this. Presumably if someone had the time to pull out and get all the way into the lane of traffic in the direction of flow then other motorists already on that road should have the time to avoid hitting you (can be annoying when some slow person pulls out into your lane and then drives 10mph under, but at that point it is your responsibility to not run into them).
Old 12-15-2010 | 07:50 PM
On The Tree

damn girl sorry to hear about the loss
Old 12-15-2010 | 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX
No. YOUR logic is the one that is flawed. Hitting a non-collapsable stationary object will always cause more damage than hitting a car. For example... go punch a brick wall then go punch a car... which one hurt your hand more?
Again, it's all about the angle... Not everything on a car is collapses all that much (like the readend which seems to have been a major point of impact). And even so, the difference between the two would be minimal..

My point still remains that the amout of damage shown is not impossible from 40 mph like everybody seems to think it is.

I estimate damage on wrecked cars all day long for a living... I've seen worse.
Old 12-16-2010 | 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

not taking any sides but a kid hit my parked truck, left his front bumper under the truck, with his plates on it! cops took pictures, found the guy who only lived a block away, found the damaged car missing the bumper, went to check on the status, they said..NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT HE DID IT... and then he wanted to sue me for getting in his drunken way by parking the truck on the curve.
Old 12-16-2010 | 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by topspeed7
not taking any sides but a kid hit my parked truck, left his front bumper under the truck, with his plates on it! cops took pictures, found the guy who only lived a block away, found the damaged car missing the bumper, went to check on the status, they said..NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT HE DID IT... and then he wanted to sue me for getting in his drunken way by parking the truck on the curve.
they were right, theres not any evidence he did it, just evidence that it was his truck and you know damn well he might not have been driving. most likely he was, but innocent until proven guilty and youve no way to prove it.
Old 12-16-2010 | 08:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
I dunno what you are saying there. From the picture it looks like the guy was pulling out intending to turn left and they hit him in the left side of his bed right near the rear wheel. The wheel/axle is probably what caused the most severe distortion to the front of the Vette (the part where people thought it looked like it hit a pole). If that is the case, he is at fault because he did not yield the right of way to people that were already in that lane of traffic. The only way he would not be at fault if he would have pulled out to turn right, had already completely entered that lane and was hit squarely in the rear end. Not on the side, not on a corner. You never have the right to pull out in front of someone that is already on a road which is why the liability works like this. Presumably if someone had the time to pull out and get all the way into the lane of traffic in the direction of flow then other motorists already on that road should have the time to avoid hitting you (can be annoying when some slow person pulls out into your lane and then drives 10mph under, but at that point it is your responsibility to not run into them).
Absolutely. However, let me give you some advice. My dad was in a wreck like this when I was in high school. When the insurance companies went to fighting they asked he had a chance to hit the brakes. He said yes (he did hit them a split second before impact). Because of that they said he had the last opportunity to avoid the accident and did not so he was at fault. Complete BS I know, but just be very careful of every question they ask. That was in Dallas as well.

I do agree that it would be wise to print this for your information, but to delete the thread. This could come back to haunt you if the insurance company finds it.
Old 12-16-2010 | 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

i understand but it was his car and they could do a little police work to put one and one together or have his insurance paid, or report his car stolen. i mean who did it if not him, cops are just lazy here.
Old 12-16-2010 | 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
they were right, theres not any evidence he did it, just evidence that it was his truck and you know damn well he might not have been driving. most likely he was, but innocent until proven guilty and

youve no way to prove it.
so now we have two wreck cars next to each other with matching damage, not to mentio the fact that his bumper and plates were smashed under my truck, cops took pictures of both cars, parent said he drives that car, and has not ever been loaned or stolen. and yet i understand i did no see him do it, but i guess any body can see clearly it was him because he try to sue me, i think the fact that he tried to sue me lets everyone know he did it. but justice is blind so i cant blame them.
Old 12-16-2010 | 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by topspeed7
so now we have two wreck cars next to each other with matching damage, not to mentio the fact that his bumper and plates were smashed under my truck, cops took pictures of both cars, parent said he drives that car, and has not ever been loaned or stolen. and yet i understand i did no see him do it, but i guess any body can see clearly it was him because he try to sue me, i think the fact that he tried to sue me lets everyone know he did it. but justice is blind so i cant blame them.
Cause Justice is Blind and has no Common Sense. Jacked up is it? But thats how OJ got away with murder
Old 12-16-2010 | 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Cause Justice is Blind and has no Common Sense. Jacked up is it? But thats how OJ got away with murder
lol, now that u mention that my case is alot like his trial. blood, gloves, knife= innocent because there was no video of him doing it or no law officers present to witness. i guess the law can work for us... if we're criminals.lol

jk i works now and then.
Old 12-16-2010 | 07:41 PM
Teching In

dont know if it's been said as i didnt read any of the thread after the OP. but im currently using frenkel and frenkel for a wreck i was in. ive been pretty pleased with them so far. my only complaint was the dude that was originally taking all my information and stuff. i dont know what theyre called, paralegal? understudy? the lowest bitch on the totem pole? he wasnt very good with communication and responding to calls and emails. but besides him, ive been pleased.