RIP C5: Need an agressive attorney

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Couple of points:

How was the other car hit? I did some diagrams and based on the damage (Mostly driver side) I can see that you did not hit him from the side. (That would have damaged the passenger side mostly.)

The way the other car was hit will tell the rest of the story. It doesn't matter if he darted out, if he managed to get in the lane and you rear ended him, it is failure to control speed. (Even if you were going the speed limit.)

Any pics of the other car?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
The insurance companies will determine who is at fault regardless of who got a ticket. Since the other driver pulled out in front of you they are at fault.
True, but only if it was a side (lateral) impact. If he was fully in the lane, he basically got rear ended.
If the guy pulled out and was t boned or hit in the rear, the damage would have been mostly to the passenger side.
Remember that the driver side is always closer to the center of the road and away from the curb/sidewalk.

When people pull out/back out, it is usually the pass side that takes the worst of it.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it sort of depends how they are coming out... if he pulled backwards and diagonally the driver side would hit him first. It all depends on when and how he backed out. Also depends on relative speeds.

I somewhat disagree with the comments about speed. I don't know what the exact speed was, but most collisions actually occur at what you would think are "slow" speeds due to braking. People running into things actually at highway speeds usually are a lot more banged up than a bloody nose.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For everybody questioning the power of a 40mph crash...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWTvzjMRbg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZZe2mSuQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBwqMzKdV5o

Now go run your **** into a wall at 40 and tell me how you feel afterwards
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXMaro

Lol! 40 will do some damage!!!
Once hit a car going 28ish mph, camaro was totalled!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Teching In

ok but if you are driving 40mph and someone pulls out in front of you....you apply the brakes and then colide with them. I am thinking a c5 can slow down pretty quick.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98Roller
ok but if you are driving 40mph and someone pulls out in front of you....you apply the brakes and then colide with them. I am thinking a c5 can slow down pretty quick.
While this being true, depending upon the distance the driver(C5) had. But if the driver(c5) didnt see the vehicle backing out, then you get that result. And yes 40mph will demolish a C5. Go slam into a car 40mph and see what it does to ANY of your vehicles, then post what you posted earlier.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Depends on how close they were to the car when they pulled out... My point is, that amount of damage is VERY possible from 40 mph.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Roller

Yeah, i guess its easier said than done, lol. I was in the same situation as C5 and had the same exact outcome, lol. i thought i slowed down fast... until i walked out and saw my front end on the ground.
There are also a lot of variables to consider ... for ex. in my case, i was changing a cd, while chatting to my buddy and it rained not that long ago... Like i said, i only got down to 28(according to insurance), and thats totally my fault!!

Anyways, my point is that 40mph will do some damage!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Don't those (and other) cars have black boxes that log data and keep it if an impact occurs? It should be more than enough evidence to prove what speed you were going prior to the accident.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
Couple of points:

How was the other car hit? I did some diagrams and based on the damage (Mostly driver side) I can see that you did not hit him from the side. (That would have damaged the passenger side mostly.)

The way the other car was hit will tell the rest of the story. It doesn't matter if he darted out, if he managed to get in the lane and you rear ended him, it is failure to control speed. (Even if you were going the speed limit.)

Any pics of the other car?
Not always true - if he was driving recklessly or made an unsafe lane change, it doesn't matter if he had possession of the lane at the time of impact (atleast that's my understanding).
Old 12-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Don't those (and other) cars have black boxes that log data and keep it if an impact occurs? It should be more than enough evidence to prove what speed you were going prior to the accident.
I might be wrong, but i never heard of 1- only on an airplane. You might be able to pull up some sort of freeze frame data(airbag deploy), and see engine rpm, tranny gear and possibly speed.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXMaro

Your videos are cool and all, but that scenario is different from the one posted here. A stationary object like your videos will show greater damage than when a vehicle rear ends another vehicle. Ya dig?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:13 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

um.... I call BS.... and judging by other threads that you have started on this forum my call seems about right.... You are always making noise about something and you always want to sue someone......

Cops hate you, the world hates you, your neighbors are mean to you and pick on you.... you never start conflicts but you are always being atacked... yada yada...

There. I said it.
Flame suit ON
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Am I the only one that sees a pole impact?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

The other car backed up at 120 mph. Case closed. If that happened at 40 mph, I don't want or never will ride in a c5 vette again. There had to be some kind of braking slowing it down some. Maybe the other car was a Tonka Truck lol. Those things are made to last. I'm with the guy above, what is with the pole indention?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Really guys? A pole?

What if the driver hit a freaking SUV in the rear corner? Most of those are shaped like the corner in the IIHS tests and look at the damage they cause.

Last edited by bballr4567; 12-14-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Really guys? A pole?

What if the driver hid a freaking SUV in the rear corner? Most of those are shaped like the corner in the IIHS tests and look at the damage they cause.
Then it would be hard to find
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
Then it would be hard to find
I see what you did there.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I see what you did there.

very very sneaky lol. I'm just saying it looks like a shitload of damage for 40 mph on a side road.