I knew it! Mustang Answers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will stay this...the biggest problem, at least out here, is who is buying mustangs (1993-2009) now. most of them a college kids that dont know there *** from a hole in a grand. but that can also be said for F-Bodys too. Here is Abilene, its more Mustang then anything. most guys i have seen that own Fox Body and back or Gen 3 and back are pretty cool. it the newer generation, mainly mine, that is ruining the car scene IMO.

i had one kid, high grad cap tassel on the review mirrio and class of 2010 stick on the back next a NOS sticker. so i was laughing at him already. mustang was obviously a V6, single exhaust and just the pony badge. i wasnt going to waste my gas on him. he followed me about for 10 minutes trying to get me to race. hit a stop light he was next me, revving hi engine, i look over and give him one hard rev to about 5 grand. i dont know want he started thinking, but maybe it was a long the lines of "do i really want to". light when green, and i got into it maybe 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, and said bye bye. not a fair race by any means, but i gave in to what the kid wanted.

also the exact same thing as above happen to me with a kid in a V6 Camaro, with the Z28 badge under the SS badge on the front quarter panel. with a terrible try to hack a Z exhuast in the rear, still sounded like a V6. i didnt race him since i was trying to fix the girls car.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by damn
I cant believe there are still people that think stock for stock a mustang gt from the 90's is a drivers race for an LT1. Ive ran so many of these cars and the outcome is the same every time! At least 5-10 cars from a dig to 100 and i am on 2.73 gears.
Also food for thought i ran a 12.7 with nothing more than shorty headers two cats a magnaflow catback stock kuhmo tires and 2.73 gears and a 125 wet shot. et was 113 60ft was like 2.2 or some **** very crappy.

Originally Posted by thesource
Am I suppose to be impressed with a 12.7 on a 125 shot?
Source see bold red.

LOL No response is needed this guy also has flying carpets. 5-10 cars from a dig to 100 mph.

Those cars he ran didnt know he was racing.

a car is 12 feet long (guess of a fox length) x 10 cars is 120ft. An LT1 would be luck to run an 8 in stock trim in the 1/8 which is only 660 ft and doubtful it would trap 100mph in the 1/8 more like 70 with the wind at its back down hill. LOL This amazing driver should have caught this on video.

Last edited by 2_slow_5.0; 12-22-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
i will stay this...the biggest problem, at least out here, is who is buying mustangs (1993-2009) now. most of them a college kids that dont know there *** from a hole in a grand. but that can also be said for F-Bodys too. Here is Abilene, its more Mustang then anything. most guys i have seen that own Fox Body and back or Gen 3 and back are pretty cool. it the newer generation, mainly mine, that is ruining the car scene IMO.

i had one kid, high grad cap tassel on the review mirrio and class of 2010 stick on the back next a NOS sticker. so i was laughing at him already. mustang was obviously a V6, single exhaust and just the pony badge. i wasnt going to waste my gas on him. he followed me about for 10 minutes trying to get me to race. hit a stop light he was next me, revving hi engine, i look over and give him one hard rev to about 5 grand. i dont know want he started thinking, but maybe it was a long the lines of "do i really want to". light when green, and i got into it maybe 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, and said bye bye. not a fair race by any means, but i gave in to what the kid wanted.

also the exact same thing as above happen to me with a kid in a V6 Camaro, with the Z28 badge under the SS badge on the front quarter panel. with a terrible try to hack a Z exhuast in the rear, still sounded like a V6. i didnt race him since i was trying to fix the girls car.
They're people like that in all walks of life in various vehicles. Some races you just don't make!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by thesource
Am I suppose to be impressed with a 12.7 on a 125 shot?

I know of a few 5.0 SN95's that would eat your lunch and not even break a sweat doing it. Just as you said just because I have been around a few poorly put together Lt1's, the same sounds like it applies to you when it comes to Mustangs.
No your not supposed to be impressed i was using that in reference. And yes i am aware that 90's mustang GT's can be fast only an idiot would believe other wise. I am saying no STOCK 90's mustang GT would beat a STOCK lt1 or even stay close..Hey and maybe out of the countless GT's ive ran over the years they were all bad drivers but i no when a car just plain doesnt have the ***** to even remotely keep up.

The fact stand wether you guys believe it or not its not changing the truth NO STOCK 90'S MUSTANG GT IS A MATCH FOR A STOCK LT1.

Last edited by damn; 12-22-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nghisus
They're people like that in all walks of life in various vehicles. Some races you just don't make!
truth...but the sad fact there are more of them in Mustangs now. not by any fault of the cars. Ford just makes some many of them, and the GMs when bye bye for 8 years. so the market became flooded with mustangs. and the people that are buying the 2002-2008 mustangs are ricer kids. makes me sad to see any american car treated that me. do i have anything against Mustangs, no. I have a lot against the majority of the people i run into driving them.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

truth...but the sad fact there are more of them in Mustangs now. not by any fault of the cars. Ford just makes some many of them, and the GMs when bye bye for 8 years. so the market became flooded with mustangs. and the people that are buying the 2002-2008 mustangs are ricer kids. makes me sad to see any american car treated that me. do i have anything against Mustangs, no. I have a lot against the majority of the people i run into driving them.
I totally agree its the people who irritate me lol like my friend who just bought a 3.8l genesis and he seriously thinks he can take down new ss camaro's and im like dude there is no way! Some people just want there car to be something it is not.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

You guys crack me up. I bought my Mustang because I liked it better than the Camaro and the Challenger.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Is this an accurate list of the fastest Lt1/4 powered Gm's?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...1tech-com.html

If so, an 8.08 takes the cake?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

Old 12-22-2010, 04:46 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2_slow_5.0
I am the same guy from htown also same name. LOL I know Phil and his coupe. I am in Spring not to far from ya I will be back in town on the 28th. Come out on that cruise on the 2nd and we can do something then.
Dont know what cruise, but i will try to be at the Kingwood meet the next saturday i am off.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
My favorite is I'm Reba!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Dont know what cruise, but i will try to be at the Kingwood meet the next saturday i am off.
Check the htown forums event section. LOL I am not sure if I will be out at kingwood to do anything. I am picking up my car next Wednesday and need to put some miles on it before I beat on it to hard as its a fresh motor. Regardless I will be out at some point or another within the next 2 weeks. I wont get into town until the 29th and leave again on the 10th. I can always catch up with you after you get off work or something.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Whenever is fine, we will get to it eventually. Dig right? I will spot the move if you like, 1320?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I JUST HAD SEX!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

December 20th, 2010: Spy article for the 2012 Z28. Gives you a nice look at what to expect.

Edit: V buddy on mine showed me this. i am not a huge Mustang fan, but even this made me get a little sick. Poor Pony. When the video goes to the rear view, watch for the shift light.

Last edited by ColeGraham; 12-23-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM

I remember reading that article a while back, that's only the first page. The second page went into a pretty good cost explaination on how increasing the cost of the engine/performance aspects of the car is reducing the budget for interior and exterior appearance. (which was rather large compared to other performance vehicles.) The idea was that the next body style etc wouldn't be as appealing, and the mustang would lose some desirability in the female and young-male market. The other concern they raised was that Ford was increasing the power of the car, but largely left alone the rest of the drive train and suspension (incl that horrible live rear axle) which could make it more dangerous in the hands of inexperienced drivers, which make up a very large share of the mustang's owner demographic.

I'm personally curious if Ford is going to go all the way, and improve the suspension and some less favorable drive train elements. I like a car that goes fast in a straight line... but also in curves as well I wonder if that will add significantly to the car's weight. It's primary speed advantage seems to be based on the fact it's 300lbs lighter than the current camaro.

(yes, I'm a first time poster, I've been browsing around for a while because I'm looking at getting a new car when the 2012 model year comes out, and I'm doing my research.)
Old 12-23-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thaumx
I'm personally curious if Ford is going to go all the way, and improve the suspension and some less favorable drive train elements. I like a car that goes fast in a straight line... but also in curves as well I wonder if that will add significantly to the car's weight. It's primary speed advantage seems to be based on the fact it's 300lbs lighter than the current camaro.
The Mustang will get a IRS from the factory someday. the main reason, according to Ford, that it hasn't happened yet is "it will add $5000 to the cost of the Mustang". but now that the public is putting more of a premium on all around performance and not just straight line, for will have to very soon. and find some way to keep the cost lower then or right with the SS Camaros.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

The Mustang will get a IRS from the factory someday. the main reason, according to Ford, that it hasn't happened yet is "it will add $5000 to the cost of the Mustang". but now that the public is putting more of a premium on all around performance and not just straight line, for will have to very soon. and find some way to keep the cost lower then or right with the SS Camaros.
Terminators had IRS
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MATTKO91Z
Terminators had IRS
And most of the fast ones swap them out for a straight axle. I personally am not a big fan of the IRS.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe 01 Cobra had IRS as well