Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my buddies dog just had a litter of blues. He might still have a couple if anyone is interested. He lives in Baytown.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by CJJones87
Guess every pit posted here thus far is unhealthy then...
Right mine is only a few months old and she weighs 45 pounds. She is just now starting to "get wide"
Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Right mine is only a few months old and she weighs 45 pounds. She is just now starting to "get wide"
Yeah lol. My boy was past this "healthy 50lbs" by the time he was 6 months. I'll try and upload some more recent pics of him. An "unhealthy" 115lbs, yet people have asked me if I will stud him out lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What do y'all think of cropping the ears?

I've read it helps with ear problems, any input??
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

I left her ears alone. I kinda like the floppy look.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

this is such bullshit.. my pitt saved my nephew from a german shepard who was chasing him.. hes was 9 years old at the time.. my pit jumped out a closed window and took down the german shepard and almost lost her life in doing soo. the german shepard was 3 times the size of my pit and by the time my pit got to them the other dog was ontop of my nephew.. both dogs were beaten up pretty bad and not only did my pit save my nephew she also dragged him back to our yard and started licking his wounds before she even worryed about herself.. she was at the vet hospital for 3 weeks recovering.. the german shepard was taken away and was dead with in an hr of being at the vet.. the owner of the shepard was taken to court and tried to say that it was my dog that was chasing my nephew and that his dog was killed in protecting.. well we had an eye witness and my dog was actually put in the news paper as a local hero.. i HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT ITS A PITTBULL AND THAT ITS DANGEROUS.. then i show them the pics of her laying with my nephew when he was a baby... they are amazing dogs and i will always own a pit..
Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX

Its really personal preference. Makes them look "meaner" and definitely makes the head look bigger in my opinion. I decided to leave my guy's ears alone. Nothing beats his expressions in the sliding glass door when I pull up and park. Plus I can see when he is thinking lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from what i heard from ear cropping that it causes balance problems.
i was like ? not sure if true or not
Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

some more of my "pudger":

Old 01-14-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't crop them unless it's a work dog, I love the floppy ears, and she has never had ear problems.

Also, FWIW, I've had a shitzu, pug, some sort of weiner dog, and one person attack my pit mix.

She has never attacked a person/dog, so I'm still wondering if these people create their assumptions due to dogs in possession of people as ignorant as them, or owners with a decent perspective on life...

Still shocks me when I think about it, we had some one confront my girlfriend on the highway when we were visiting family. Our pit mix, Chevy was along for the ride.

A group of punks pulled up and confronted my girlfriend, hanging out the window screaming about how they were going to kill our dog Chevy. They rode beside her, harassing her and the dog until she was finally able to get away.

Had I been there, I may have gone to jail for cleansing the gene pool.

Just another example showing that it has nothing to do with the dog or breed. It's the ignorant and worthless people in the world who imprint the violence on the dog.

Chevy's way of saying "I'm a pepper too!" (she managed this all herself btw):

She does like stealing your food though, even if you are in the process of eating it:

Last edited by $750 L98; 01-14-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Im a pit owner myself and I heard about these people out of Austin... They have some info on the breed and the ban on pits so check out the site.. http://love-a-bull.org/
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

a typical traditional pit shouldn't way too much over 45/50lbs.

this "new breed" of pit can weight anywhere from 70-100lbs.

here's my traditional pit named Tyson. he was typically @ 43-46lbs. he was tiny and full of fire.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJJones87
Yeah lol. My boy was past this "healthy 50lbs" by the time he was 6 months. I'll try and upload some more recent pics of him. An "unhealthy" 115lbs, yet people have asked me if I will stud him out lol.
HarHar, cause people asked me to stud him out means my pit bull is ideal

There is nothing "wrong" with a pit weight 70+ pounds, it is just not the way the dog was originally bred for. If your pit is 115lbs and proportional, awesome.

Somebody just asked me how much they "should" weigh, and I gave the traditional weight. People have been breeding them to be bigger for sometime now.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX

It's a look preference, I like the floppy look.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Total bullshit. I can't stand ignorant people and the way they try to stick this image to pitbulls. I have a pit whcih is 2 yrs old and wouldn't hurt anyone. It wont pass and if it did I will still own my dog.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cropping the ears is painful for the dog. #imjustsayin
Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

On my phone now so not going to type much but mother ****** this **** pisses me off.
They aren't known as the baby sitter breed for no reason. Ban pits so nobody will ever be attacked by another breed again.
I despise ignorant **** pickles like these people.
A pit can bite someone on its property trying to protect its master ane cause three stitches, front page everywhere and all over the major news.
Two golden retrieves maul someone and cause them to be in the hospital for a month... it MIGHT make local news stations, maybe.
It is the news stations and newspapers fault just as much, if not more, than the ignorant people like in that report.

Blame the deed, not the breed.

I own two pits and they are huge *** lap dogs that wouldn't hurt a fly.. I have had people let them lick them in the face and then ask what kind of dogs they are. I tell them and they immediately step back and say how vicious they are and how one day they will snap on me for zero reason.

Ahhhhh!!! I hate it!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cropping ears.... besides liking the way it looks the only reason to do this is so they won't rip during dog fights.

It is painful, imo looks like ****, and gives them a more aggressive look... not something as a responsible pit owner should be trying to spread.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Since pits aren't a recognized breed, can't show etc.. there is no "correct pit".

But! 50ish lbs is about right for what most pits weigh. my girl weighs about 60-65 and my boys weighs around 80-85. There are many different blood lines and this is where that comes from.
The short, short 75+lb pits are definitely not the way they are supposed to look. They end up looking like a fat dog by age 5+.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Perhaps there should be a ban on the breeding of stupid people, that would solve so many problems

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners