Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
how tall are these 130 lb dogs? pit bulls are generally more squatty and muscular. a 18" 130 lb dog would either be obeise, or arnold swartzenagor. my american bulldog is small at 90lbs and towers over any pure pit that he has been around. he is a little over 27" at the shoulder.

the pit bull breeding has gotten out of hand because of the demographic of the people the breed attracted in the last 20 years. every wana be thug and gangster wanted the meanest looking/acting dog, so they were bred with larger dogs to get some size to them. most "pits" that you see on the side of the road are some kind of mutt. i cant count how many people have asked me to stud my dog out to their pit. they usually have no business breeding a dog, and dont give a damn that my dog is not a pit bull. they just like his size and look.
Generally with these guys pushing the size aspect of those dogs, they lie atleast alittle about them being shorter, heavier, bigger headed, and wider than they really are. Most of the largest whopper and chevy dogs root back to a few dogs that obviously look like paper hung mastiff/american bulldog types. I have seen several males in person that are in the 110 lb range, and that is a big *** pit bull. But all of them are taller than what is stated on the website. The online Ped. of this dog shows much of this lineage, I have seen a few of his sons, and used to own a close relative of him. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...e&dog_id=95689
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use to have a gorgeous pitbull that was my best friend in the world. The dog was very social and loved everyone. Needless to say someone broke into my house and stole him. I reported this to the police because they broke into my garage and into his back room. They found him 2 weeks later in a ditch on a country road with about 100 bite marks and 1 gunshot wound. I guess they stole him to use as a dog for fighting dogs to train on. He was my best friend and I'm keeping everything back from sheding a tear right now. It's unfortunate what people have done to these dogs and I hope they rot in hell.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
I use to have a gorgeous pitbull that was my best friend in the world. The dog was very social and loved everyone. Needless to say someone broke into my house and stole him. I reported this to the police because they broke into my garage and into his back room. They found him 2 weeks later in a ditch on a country road with about 100 bite marks and 1 gunshot wound. I guess they stole him to use as a dog for fighting dogs to train on. He was my best friend and I'm keeping everything back from sheding a tear right now. It's unfortunate what people have done to these dogs and I hope they rot in hell.
I'm so sorry.. no shame in that at all. I teared up just thinking about having to go through that. I look at both my pits as a family member. It would be no different in my yes than losing a person.

And yes, anyone that could do something like that should burn in Hell. They shot him because we wasn't a vicious dog that would fight to the death. But the fact that owners beat these dogs near death to force them to fight against their will and if they won't fight til the death they torture and kill the dog. But that is irrelevant to these ignorant people.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

And yes, anyone that could do something like that should burn in Hell. They shot him because we wasn't a vicious dog that would fight to the death. But the fact that owners beat these dogs near death to force them to fight against their will and if they won't fight til the death they torture and kill the dog. But that is irrelevant to these ignorant people.[/QUOTE]

exactly why i hate michael vick
Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
I'm so sorry.. no shame in that at all. I teared up just thinking about having to go through that. I look at both my pits as a family member. It would be no different in my yes than losing a person.

And yes, anyone that could do something like that should burn in Hell. They shot him because we wasn't a vicious dog that would fight to the death. But the fact that owners beat these dogs near death to force them to fight against their will and if they won't fight til the death they torture and kill the dog. But that is irrelevant to these ignorant people.
I've learned a lot from the experience and it has taught me the kind of world we live in. I believe strongly that the man who sealed my dog's fate is serving a long prison sentence for pitbull related issues. Apparently a group of 8 people stole 35+ high profile dogs from several breeders several counties over. I had met a person once who was involved in this ring through a friend of a friend of a friend etc. I had no idea he was involved in dogs and apparently he was an in the closet breeder/thief. They would steal dogs all over the state then split them up throughout many houses in my area. After tracing his involvement they couldn't make any charges stick. However, they found a ton of credit card fraud being used to front the entire operation. I found this out through a police officer that was on my case and several articles in the newspaper. I can't prove his involvement but at least he's off the streets and these dogs have one less person out to hurt them.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

If someone tried to come an take my dog, They would be taking me aswell, Cause im putting up a fight, My boy plays with my little girl which is 5 an my son which is 8, We have had him for almost 3 years now every since he was a puppy, Here is some pics of him, He is very gentle with the kids, When we all go for walks he will make sure he keeps them in sight, If one tries to walk to other side of the road or in front of him he will pull till he gets next to them an nudge them back over its very funny to watch !!!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 AM
***Repost Police***

That's a gorgeous dog.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunantly I may be moving and unsure if I could keep my dog. As much as I would hate to, willing to give him to a good home if anyone is interested. Totally people/dog/kid friendly. 18mo old.

210-379-2149
MIKE
Old 01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
if a chiuaha was 50lbs heavier it would be a killing machine! some of those little dogs have some serious anger issues!
Very true...We have a 2 year old boxer and 9 year old chihuahua..The chihuahua by far is more aggressive and just has a nasty personality. The boxer on the other hand is a clown, but the neighbors are terrified, partly due to his coloring and size (reverse brindle)..People crossover to the other side of the street if they see me running with him and then give proceed to give us the stinkeye...
Old 01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Unfortunantly I may be moving and unsure if I could keep my dog. As much as I would hate to, willing to give him to a good home if anyone is interested. Totally people/dog/kid friendly. 18mo old.

210-379-2149
MIKE
is he interested moving with me to canada?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tsench
is he interested moving with me to canada?
If youd take good care of him I dont see why not. Guessing your already in Canada lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
9 Second Club

My brother in law's dog is half pit half bull mastiff. He's the biggest, scariest looking and sounding dog you've ever seen...

But he's the most loving, dopiest dog you've ever met. He would NEVER hurt a single person. I hate how Biased the news always is towards these things. There's no way they can ban pits throughout all of texas.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

My EVIL Pit......Zeus

Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a nice looking dog Devious.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by devious
My EVIL Pit......Zeus
nice lol
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Launching!

My killer

Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL Devious, I'd be more worried about you attacking than the dog with that crazy look
Old 01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by $750 L98
LOL Devious, I'd be more worried about you attacking than the dog with that crazy look
Haha, I was trying to hold the camera and not fall of the bed at the same time!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lol.. puppy dog food advertising at bottom of page. Nice.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike96z
If youd take good care of him I dont see why not. Guessing your already in Canada lol.
yeah already in canada but im flying back to TX in Feb i can pick him up and bring him to canada and live in igloo with me is he good with kid i got 2 years old let me know by then u still have him then ill stop by pick him up thx

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners