Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners

This is really crazy :

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26421731/index.html

How Hard is it to see its not the breed, its the fucked up owners. People trying to act hard and thank its cool to make their dog mean etc... and yes the breed can be aggresive if not rasied right....

B

Last edited by Strini SS; 01-13-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

ugh idiots i couldn't watch the whole thing.

exactly what you said, its not the breed it the owners.

omg Camaros and Mustangs are racing?? lets ban those cars so there will be no more street races.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

That's bullshit! Our government seems to want to push there moral beliefs down everyones throat. Seems out of all the **** wrong in this country pit bulls ought to be the least of there worries. What about justice for that breed of dog? Don't they deserve to have good publicity instead of always bad? Pit bulls are bad *** dogs if you are responsible and train them right. I hope this **** doesn't pass. Maybe if they would quit bad mouthing the breed all the time, people may give these dogs a chance. Good, bad or in different we all deserve a chance at life. Thing about all the abused pits that never asked for it, they deserve a second chance if someone is willing to try.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ban the damn skateboards. As many if not more kids are injured/die a year from using them. Also, He looked like a football player, physical sports is one of the largest contributors to childhood injury and long term injury at that age. Let's ban that too.

Do people really not have any common sense? Are we going to ban EVERYTHING that could possibly pose a threat to us in society?

I have a pit mix that you could beat to death with your bare hands and she'd never bite you. She is the most affectionate dog I've ever had. This really has me boiling.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

It's bullshit. I've seen other breeds attack people as well not just pitbulls. Even then it's the owners fault for raising them poorly not the dog. Hell not too long a lab bit off a kids finger. To say ban the whole breed is stupid. If that is the way these fools think the next person to commit a murder is going to **** it up for their whole race since they are all obviously killers like the one **** up.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by Strini SS
This is really crazy :

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26421731/index.html

How Hard is it to see its not the breed, its the fucked up owners. People trying to act hard and thank its cool to make their dog mean etc... and yes the breed can be aggresive if not rasied right....

B
It's a good thing that you just bought a poodle.... Just Sayin...
Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They couldn't get rid of the front LP, I doubt they will pass this. People are ignorant, the same problem came from Dalamatians, people started back yard breeding them after the 101 Dalamatians movies and you ended up with a lot of poorly bred dogs.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

scarry stuff. My american bulldog is mistaken for a pit bull all the time. im sure somebody with no experience in naming a breed will be the one to determine what kind of dog it is. hell, ive had pit owners tell me that an american bulldog IS a pit bull. ******* idiots lol. 2 completely different breeds, although i do think that american bulldog is mixed into the pit breeding. no pit bull in the american bulldog though. someone is guna have to bail me out of jail when some peckerwood knocks on my door and tells me they are taking my dog.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Teching In

I remember cases back when before pits were the new "hype", when Rotts, Chows and Mastiffs killing or mauling people. It's not the just the breed, it's enviroment, caring, etc. If chihuahas were 50lbs bigger they'ld ban those too. lol
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

if a chiuaha was 50lbs heavier it would be a killing machine! some of those little dogs have some serious anger issues!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
if a chiuaha was 50lbs heavier it would be a killing machine! some of those little dogs have some serious anger issues!
thats true, i have friends with pit bulls and they are the nicest dogs, my grandparents have a pug and i cant even let my son go near him because he bites him everytime... i say we ban pugs. mean little *******
Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love pits, but it is becoming an issue because of the breeding.

Believe it or not, trying to get that "blue" pit has cause an issue with inbreeding and aggression.

But yes, one of Pits best trait is not having human aggression, that is why they fought them. Because they would not attack the person in the ring, just the other dog.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

I think the BAN is very extreme. I don't own a pit, but I have considered adopting one in the future. If anything they should MAKE you take some kind of training class for them if people are so worried about not being able to handle them. You should have to get a license to be able to OWN/BREED them, but then make that the standard for ALL other large breeds.

Oh and I agree, BAN THE CHIHUAHUA'S!!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres gonna be some issues if these people come and try to take my dog.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If this does pass, and I get some one trying to get my mutt because she might be a pit mix....definitely going to have problems. Shelters already put them down rather than adopt them out in most cases. And these animals are the closest things I have to kids, and the closest thing my parents have to grand kids at the moment.

Some one tried taking my family like that, I'm with you guys, they better bring more than a bad attitude to the fight.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

its just ridiculous why not ban guns? alcoholic drinks? they kill people too.?

i hope this law does not pass. my blue pit bull just gave birth to her puppies 3 weeks ago. what did my dogs ever do?

punish the deed not the breed.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

What is happeing to our country.I am 35 and i have owned pitbulls all of my life and never had a issue.This will never pass!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Man this is crap. Hopefully it doesn't pass as I have a dream working up in my head of maybe moving to Houston at some point and start attending SAM. But that is all in the distant future. And my 115lb Pit will be coming with me lol. Its just ridiculous the reputation that these dogs have. Mine plays with my sisters 5lb kitten on an almost daily basis. Have not had one issue with aggression with ANY other dog (have had him around bigger dogs, smaller dogs, and some like his size) or any other animal for that matter.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

my murderous dog plotting his next attack.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not even going to watch the video, I'm tired of this arguement coming up, people are ******* ignorant. not liking a dog because of its breed is no different than being racist, if you dont like it **** you, stay away from me.

here is my killing machine

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners