Got a DUI in Missouri help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure the op knows he screwed up but he is asking for advice not a bully beat down. So if you don't have any helpful infermation take your *** hat off and .
I'm against drinking driving my self and they do need to learn a lesson but everyone screws up and makes bad choices. Just do as others have posted and you should be fine buts it going to cost to you some $$$$ get a lawyer and they will proably give you temp license were you can go to work or school and back home and maybe some community service and try to get the lawyer to get the judge not to put this on your record as your insurance with go throw the roof
Old 01-15-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hold the **** up. You got arrested for blowing a .03%?

Get a lawyer bud.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Launching!

I don't know the law in Missouri, but if u blew a .03 In Tx and still got arrested, you should be able to get it dismissed or bumped down...unless ure under 21.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Hi,
most states have a reciprocal agreement.........you lose your license/sr22 for three years/stays on your record 10 years. Any future offenses are considered 2nd offense in this 10 year period. Did you take breathalyzer test?????if not------ you refused and automatically lose your license.....
Attorney fees are high$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $400.00 is a cheap fine we are $1400.00 in s.c. With court cost.if convicted you must comply with state laws on the aforementioned items to get reinstated.......good luck........drive safely.
Have a blessed day.......captain jim retired law officer
Old 01-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Hi,
most states have a reciprocal agreement.........you lose your license/sr22 for three years/stays on your record 10 years. Any future offenses are considered 2nd offense in this 10 year period. Did you take breathalyzer test?????if not------ you refused and automatically lose your license.....
Attorney fees are high$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $400.00 is a cheap fine we are $1400.00 in s.c. With court cost.if convicted you must comply with state laws on the aforementioned items to get reinstated.......good luck........drive safely.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

LOL he had "2 BEERS" and blew a damn .03 anyone who calls him dumb is a hypocrite i'm sure 99% of people that will post on Tech have had 1 or 2 beers at a restaurant in some time or manor. Some people are so dumb on here sometimes. As for OP sorry just had to throw my 2 cents in there, I have never been in your situation so I canto help but GL and hope everything works out in your favor as you did nothing wrong if everything you say is the truth.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 5w20
Yeah, ok.

Support drunk drivers.

only if we all lived a life like yours....
Old 01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

what a pretentious ******, and i'm sure a hypocrite to boot.

-that is towards 5w20.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jim ravencraft
Hi,
yeah but if he has a decent chance of fighting it, he might wanna try it... I don't know the whole story, but his insurance will at least triple with an SR-22.... depends if he likes to gamble or not, I'd rather fight it and loose then always wonder if I could have gotten it dropped.....
Old 01-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Launching!

Wink

Hi,
this isn't north Carolina laws differ state to state. ex Texas peace officer! and legal assistant, you don't automatically loose your license hear until you go before an alr hearing.here you can have a first offense conviction and it doesn't mean your license is gonna be suspended pending the alr hearing. it can go either way... just get you a good lawyer buddy and don't listen to all this b.s. btw the DWI in Texas upon conviction never comes off your record. the only way you can have it expunged in Texas is if you are no billed or you get the case thrown out. for insurance purpose 7 years. and yes the dwi does stack 1st class b, 2nd class a, and third 3rd degree felony as well if you have a child in the car good luck. i believe the op was concerned about the law here in Texas.

Last edited by kennyxg; 01-16-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by dh007
Yea I agree with you Thats why I only had 2 beers that night in the 2 hours before I left for the hotel .I didnt get a DWI as I stated I got a DUI since I admitted to having a couple of beers he arrested me and then blew a .03 an hour later .
OH and his name is *** Hole
If you only blew a .03, then it should get dismissed no problem.
Originally Posted by soloman369
U shouldn't of been driving drunk and this wouldn't of happend. Ppl who drive under the influence are idiots to bein with. Thank god you got stopped. Just man up and pay ur dues fine and live wit gettin ur licence suspended. Suffer the consequences.
He wasn't.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Teching In

Thank You everyone for your in put
Even the bashers that still live with mom and dad .

I started this thread to help a coworker that just transfered into our department 3 months ago from the construction department .He moved from amarillo to dfw 8 months ago with nothing but what would fit in his truck .Leaving behind screwed up family and freinds for a chance to make a better life for himself .
Amazingly he is 27 and as far as a record he has nothing not even a parking ticket .I know this to be true due to the back ground check they do to get a job with my emlpoyer .Which is very rare for any young person these days especially one from a family of screw ups .
Thank Yall again

Last edited by dh007; 01-16-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you only blew a .03, then it should get dismissed no problem.

He wasn't.
They let him leave 4 hous later and gave his truck back and he drove back to the hotel .I thought they would requior bail after arraingment and impound fees etc. . Story sounds strange on their part thats why I started the thread
we know with all the "angels" on here I thought someone would had this happen to them .
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by soloman369
U shouldn't of been driving drunk and this wouldn't of happend. Ppl who drive under the influence are idiots to bein with. Thank god you got stopped. Just man up and pay ur dues fine and live wit gettin ur licence suspended. Suffer the consequences.
I see he did'nt read the whole thread or even his own post .Maby another year of high school english will help.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Hi,
Thank You for your input
I agree but what he is wanting to know is if he pays the fine in missouri what will happen in texas .Can they suspend his license and the reciprocal agreement.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:35 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by dh007
I see he did'nt read the whole thread or even his own post .Maby another year of high school english will help.
Forewarning, they're gonna jump all over this post...
Old 01-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Forewarning, they're gonna jump all over this post...
OH well we needed another good one to laugh about
Old 01-16-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
what a pretentious ******, and i'm sure a hypocrite to boot.

-that is towards 5w20.
A taxi, designated driver, or staying at a friends place after drinking are tough options. Definitely not worth the hassle. Name calling does get your point across better, makes you seem really tough. Like I said, my life is perfect since this was a thread about that....
Old 01-16-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

All of you judges really need to give it a rest and STFU.

This guy blew .03. He was hardly drunk. It's not like he drank 20 beers, date raped a chick, went street racing then hit a family of 5 returning home from church head-on.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross-
All of you judges really need to give it a rest and STFU.

This guy blew .03. He was hardly drunk. It's not like he drank 20 beers, date raped a chick, went street racing then hit a family of 5 returning home from church head-on.
Not this time.

Seriously, I think that's the point. "Yeah, I was okay driving last time with X number of beers. Y beers won't hurt!"