2010 SS camaro Or a 2007 Z06 vette?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
looked into the z06
The insurance would be 700+ full coverage =/
thats alot. plus the payments of the car.
Im sure i couldn't handle that....
A month? You're kidding me no way. Unless you've had some bad driving issues in the past. Or is that for 6 months? For 6 months that would be awesome. If it is a month, screw that mess

Last edited by SnIpEz; 02-22-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read your signature. Why are you considering a 30-45k car while you are in school? That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I see no reason to squeeze yourself over a car. Leave at least 6+ months to float yourself while in school if anything happens, and 1 year after you get a career. JMO. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Looking for a toy or a daily driver? If i had the vette, i would never want to let it touch the weather, the Camaro? Man, that is a DD winner, 4 seats, it is just a Camaro so who gives a **** if it gets nasty, not ot mention, i would rather have people hit my Camaro in the parking lot with their doors ect than the vette.

So, for me the real option, is a 5th gen for daily use and the vette for the weekends and nice weather ect.

Not to mention, i am a big guy and getting in and out of a Camaro is easier as well.
yeah well i already have a camaro for a DD. and i'm a small guy. so i have no problem getting in and out of a vette.

but idk about the OP.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
A month? You're kidding me now way. Unless you've had some bad driving issues in the past. Or is that for 6 months? For 6 months that would be awesome. If it is a month, screw that mess
One speeding ticket.
But thats it.
I think the insurance as that high because im 18 and trying to get insured in a corvette? idk.
They told me im under age. and that why the premium is so high.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
One speeding ticket.
But thats it.
I think the insurance as that high because im 18 and trying to get insured in a corvette? idk.
They told me im under age. and that why the premium is so high.
no ways its 700 a month, your insurance company is smoking crack or something. I got my vette when i just turned 19 and its much lower than that.

are you sure it 700 a month or 700/6 months which would be around 116 a month?

My insurance on my c6 was much lower than it was for my camaro, Me, Powell and Nineball just had a conversation about this a couple days ago over lunch lol. I would check around with difference insurances companies in any case.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Unlike you, some of us dont own 20 different new cars and trucks, LOL.

If i had the option, i would own both, much less one or the other, but having just 1 car to drive every day and no other option, i cannot justify a 2 seater sports car that i would want to never touch nasty weather.
It is just a car, it won't melt, and you can wash it. Here is proof I drive mine in the rain. It all boils down to if you "need' rear seats, nothing more.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is just a car, it won't melt, and you can wash it. Here is proof I drive mine in the rain. It all boils down to if you "need' rear seats, nothing more.

great looking vette!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
no ways its 700 a month, your insurance company is smoking crack or something. I got my vette when i just turned 19 and its much lower than that.

are you sure it 700 a month or 700/6 months which would be around 116 a month?

My insurance on my c6 was much lower than it was for my camaro, Me, Powell and Nineball just had a conversation about this a couple days ago over lunch lol. I would check around with difference insurances companies in any case.
THAT sounds much more reasonable. Ws6kid did you see his message? I might call my insurance company today and see what they'd make me pay a month. FWIW, I have a clean record and I pay over $200 a month, liability only on a v6 Firebird

Somehow I used to pay $99 a month, then someone backed into my headlight cover in July when I wasn't around, I chose not to file a claim due to liability only, mentioned it in passing one day while on the phone with my company, the woman I spoke with was a SUPERVISOR and told me my policy might still cover and that I should file a claim anyways. Me being young and dumb listened, found out a few days later I was right, my policy DOESN'T cover that, so now there's a claim on my record they encouraged me to do and that somehow more than doubled my rates
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

700 a month is nuts, I looked at buying a c6 last summer, full coverage on my trucks policy which has a lot more coverage due to company policy, a c6 was maybe a 1000$ a year full coverage. I even priced a Z06 and it was only 1200$. I imagine on a seperate policy with normal coverages it would be a bit cheaper. I looked at 5.0s, same boat as a Camaro, unless you really need the back seats, buy the c6 or regret not buying the C6.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:12 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

I didnt say Tony, i said me, LOL. I wouldnt want it to touch rain.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Like some other people said, you probably shouldn't be dumping 30k+ into a car if you're just now starting college. I myself am only 19 and i could never imagine getting another car before im out of school and have a well paying job. It's always good to have money saved up in case something goes wrong. car payments+insurance+all other college expenses=a stressful college experience
I'm just sticking with my ws6 for now until im done with school, but thats just me
Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

What Kinda work do you do. @ 18 I might add to be able to afford a 40K dollar car. Do you have other bills? Sorry this makes no sense to me....
Old 02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
What Kinda work do you do. @ 18 I might add to be able to afford a 40K dollar car. Do you have other bills? Sorry this makes no sense to me....
age is just a number nick.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
age is just a number nick.
Yeah I know it is.......He could very well own his own business, but F*** if I even thought when I was 18 that I could afford a 40K dollar car I would have been booted out and shown real quick a few things.....That probably should have happend anways cuz it still took me a good 5 years after that to figure out wtf I was doing.....

Quick Reply: 2010 SS camaro Or a 2007 Z06 vette?