Looking for a good ear crop for my bully in The Colony/Frisco area

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for a good ear crop for my bully in The Colony/Frisco area

Hey guys I just got an American bully and I'm looking to get his ears cropped but I have no idea where to go to have it done. I want to go to someone who has experience cropping dogs like him so it will look good. I don't want a hack job. I'm actually in The Colony next to Frisco so my real question is does anyone know of a good reputable place to get them done close? He is getting to the age where I don't think all vets would do them, (16wks). So the sooner the better.

I know this is a debatable topic for some people but please if you don't like ear cropping please keep it to yourself. I'd like to keep this thread about finding a place to get them done correctly not how you think it's bad for the dog or not morally right. Just please don't post if you're against ear cropping. Thanks.

Zach

Old 02-27-2011, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't offer a good recommendation, but I can tell you to avoid - at all costs - Animal Medical & Surgical Hospital of Frisco. They cropped my Dane's ears and gave him septicemia and apparently they don't have a very good reputation.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you dont mind to drive a little bit I have a vet that I have always used. I have used him for everything with all of my bulldogs. He has cut 4 of my dogs ears in the past and he has a few of his own bulldogs. He will put them to sleep and cut their ears at almost any legnth you would like and after, he usually keeps them for 3 days (maybe longer) to make sure they are going to be ok. I believe he still charges around $200-$250 for it. I wouldnt take my dogs any where else. If you want his number then pm me and Ill give his info to ya.
The following 2 users liked this post by Allways_Lost:
Lexi Carter (04-30-2021), Tootie (08-11-2020)
Old 02-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Teching In

I know of breeder that does them he did a few dogs that I had but alot of vets Ive dealt with wont crop a dogs ears after 12 weeks due to the blood vessels in the dogs ears. He looks very nice do you know his bloodline or pedigree?
The following users liked this post:
Lexi Carter (04-30-2021)
Old 02-27-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

He has Razor's edge blood and he's from Mythology Kennels. They are in Utah, LA, and Houston. If you look up Lil Utah on yahoo or google you should be able to find the dad. He's beefy. He is a great dog and is 36 lbs at 4 months. Who is the breeder you know who does it? I thought about finding a breeder around here who does bullies and pits and seeing where they get their dogs done but I don't know anyone like that.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Teching In

if most vets wont do it, there's probably a reason.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

It's gonna be hard to find a reputable place to do it due to the fact that he is older. Like stated above 12 weeks is the normal cut off for them to have it done.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:52 PM
joc
Teching In

nice looking blue man!! I also recently purchased a bully and im on the same boat as you. trying to find somebody that knows and has experience on ear cropping. what style of crop are you thinking about getting him?

this is my bully kobe hes 8weeks old and im thinking about geting him a short-crop. i think it would look good on him especially on the way his ears stand upwards. ive also read that ear cropping also helps to decrease the chances of ear infections by keeping the ear ventilated.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just couldn't crop the pups ears. He looks perfect just the way they are! Good looking pup.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Hey pm me me for details hes a bredder in lancaster and he mostly does razors edge and gotti bloodline. I have a two razor edge/gotti dogs.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 AM
12 Second Club

I breed bullys in Houston area, they are lovable dogs, hated by media and usually fall into the stereotyping hype. But if they had a chance they would know these dogs are nice and nothing but lovable. I may help yall with the ears, I have a guy that does it but at that age i dont know. Houston area guys can hit me up, I can make few calls and get yall taken care off.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Teching In

he's already too old (developed), huge chance of permanent damage to the vascular system
Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Teching In

he looks perfectly fine with them. why do you want them cropped?
The following users liked this post:
scout2000 (07-22-2021)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my vet is in College Station... this is a 'show' cut as opposed to the shorter 'fighting' cut. Neither imply the use of the dog

Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tvrbo
he's already too old (developed), huge chance of permanent damage to the vascular system
Not everyone would agree with you and I didn't ask for your opinion. I know of adult dogs getting cropped with no issues.

Originally Posted by Ja1son
he looks perfectly fine with them. why do you want them cropped?
Honestly I just think they look better with cropped ears.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joc
nice looking blue man!! I also recently purchased a bully and im on the same boat as you. trying to find somebody that knows and has experience on ear cropping. what style of crop are you thinking about getting him?

this is my bully kobe hes 8weeks old and im thinking about geting him a short-crop. i think it would look good on him especially on the way his ears stand upwards. ive also read that ear cropping also helps to decrease the chances of ear infections by keeping the ear ventilated.
thats a cute pup.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by za355tx
Not everyone would agree with you and I didn't ask for your opinion. I know of adult dogs getting cropped with no issues.

Honestly I just think they look better with cropped ears.
right on. i definitely disagree
Old 03-05-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still looking for the right guy. I thought I had a guy but I have not been able to get a hold of him since Monday.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Teching In

They look much better left alone!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Allways_Lost
If you dont mind to drive a little bit I have a vet that I have always used. I have used him for everything with all of my bulldogs. He has cut 4 of my dogs ears in the past and he has a few of his own bulldogs. He will put them to sleep and cut their ears at almost any legnth you would like and after, he usually keeps them for 3 days (maybe longer) to make sure they are going to be ok. I believe he still charges around $200-$250 for it. I wouldnt take my dogs any where else. If you want his number then pm me and Ill give his info to ya.
Hey can i have your vets info i.just bought a pitbull puppy and wanna get his ears done

Quick Reply: Looking for a good ear crop for my bully in The Colony/Frisco area