***Swappin a 5.3 in a 94 S10 (LOTS OF PICS)***

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a build sheet?
Just wondering what expenses went to making it. Of course without labor.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
Just an update....

All the gauges work except the water temp. All that is needed is a metric sending unit to put in the passenger cyl head.
I modified one for a friend. He put a 5.3 in a 94ish 2 door s10 blazer. Don't know if it works as someone else did the swap while he is in Afghanistan. But it was the original one for the truck. CNC lathes are nice.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim is a machinist so he will cut the threads in the sender
Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vandejr
Got a build sheet?
Just wondering what expenses went to making it. Of course without labor.
no sorry no broken down build sheet, if i were to guess it was somewhere around $2.5K - $3K to do the build. he had somewhere around $5K in the whole truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 AM

Hey fellas...I'm new to the site, n want to say 1st off that the build looks great...I am planning the same swap minus a/c in my 96 Sonoma, it'll be a daily driver with minimal mods. Only plans really are ls6 cam and springs and possibly ls1 intake mani n throttle body (maybe) kinda like the idea still of the truck mani for the lower end torque benefits...anyways my questions are, is it absolutely necessary to run fbody front accessories or will the stock truck stuff be fine? I wont be bothering w a/c as I never use it anyway...and as far as the wiring harness goes where can I buy one that's already made for this swap? I'm a mechanic by trade, but I'd rather not build my own harness I'm piecing my parts together n wont start the build until I have everything together all at once. Anyways any help from u guys that have done this or similar swaps would be immensely helpful...again the build looks awesome!! Can't wait to start mine.

Thanks guys
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by prs5396
Hey fellas...I'm new to the site, n want to say 1st off that the build looks great...I am planning the same swap minus a/c in my 96 Sonoma, it'll be a daily driver with minimal mods. Only plans really are ls6 cam and springs and possibly ls1 intake mani n throttle body (maybe) kinda like the idea still of the truck mani for the lower end torque benefits...anyways my questions are, is it absolutely necessary to run fbody front accessories or will the stock truck stuff be fine? I wont be bothering w a/c as I never use it anyway...and as far as the wiring harness goes where can I buy one that's already made for this swap? I'm a mechanic by trade, but I'd rather not build my own harness I'm piecing my parts together n wont start the build until I have everything together all at once. Anyways any help from u guys that have done this or similar swaps would be immensely helpful...again the build looks awesome!! Can't wait to start mine.

Thanks guys
fbody acc will not fit at all. the alt location is in the same location as the steering gear box. the optimum front acc setup is the c5 vette accessories. the truck acc will work too as you see here, its very close but it does work. as far as wiring your best bet is to use a stand a lone setup and then use the factory sensors (oil, water) on the ls block.as far as your speedo im not to sure, the 94 s10 is on its own and that is the one i did. since the company that does the custom harnesses for your setup isnt a sponsor on here i am not gunna mention them on here ill pm you there name. run an H3 Hummer oil pan.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:47 AM

Default Drivesaft

Did you use the stock driveshaft? Or did you have to get a custom one? Or one from a donor?

Quick Reply: ***Swappin a 5.3 in a 94 S10 (LOTS OF PICS)***