Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I really hate to see something like this with our name on it. I will outline the transaction for those interested so that you can see what has gone on.

July 27 Motor sent fed ex freight

Aug 01 Motor recieved, I was told damaged during shipment.

Aug 01 Claim started via Fed EX freight, Oprions given to customer were Ship back for a full refund, Ship back and recieve a new motor (i know it is nerve reacking to use a damaged motor may be something there you dont initially see) or replace damaged parts. Customer decided to keep motor and repair damaged parts. Pictures were requested by Fed ex
Fed ex tracking number:
xxxxxx350-5
Claim number
xxxxx898
Claim rep with Fed ex
Felecia

Aug 03 recieved Phone call from customer stating that fed ex does not have claim going. I contacted fed ex and confirmed that everything was ok with claim, they are simply waiting on pictures from customer to submit. Offered the same deal as aug 1 for full refund or replacement. Customer wanted a Complete replacement for the motor, Continued with claim in order to replace motor.

Aug 05 pictures recieved, Very zoomed in and difficult to see that it was the correct motor. Customer complained of dirty components surrounding motor (front and rear cover valve covers coil pac's and intake)(these were parts that were not included in the Ebay add and were added after the fact, Customer had option of new components from GM or parts that we had lying around from other builds. Customer decided to go with used to save money) Pictures were sent to Fed ex to continue claim.

Aug 05 Dispute filed by customer with Pay pal, Funds reversed. I contacted customer via paypal dispute resolution center attempting to understand the dispute and was told if I did not send him a new motor immediately he would give me negative feedback. I explained that if he would like a new motor the old must be returned first OR the claim with fed ex completed as I can not send another motor with the funds reversed and still no motor in my posession. I was told that his wife would not allow him to send motor back. I then escelated the dispute to resolution by paypal (this means they step in as a mediator to resolve the dispute) Paypal steped in and decided that the full refund would be given upon return of the motor.

09 Aug Fed ex attempts to contact for inspection and was un able view the motor.

09 Aug Spoke with fed ex about returning the motor free of charge to TMS. Fed ex agreed and I contacted Customer with news of free shipping and again offering full refund. Customer declined and said he would rater have another lsx shop look at the motor then send it back to TMS.

10 Aug Negative feedback left by customer on ebay stating junkyard motor with CNC ported heads and big cam, Also that Kyle is a con artist.

12 Aug Spoke with Ebay about transaction. Ebay reviewed the dispute with paypal as well as the pictures both before as well as the pictures sent from customer and deturmined that there was too much "fishyness" with the customer. Ebay deleted the negative feedback.

The above is all factual and can be prooven with emails, dispute numbers, Fed ex tracking numbers, as well as Claim numbers. The motors are built to a short block by a local custom engine builder who can also be contacted to confirm that the work done was a complete rebuild with parts as shown in add. CNC work was also done by a local business who can be contacted to varify as such. I see that the springs are in question now, If you (the customer) will remove the spring and stand next to a stock you will see that it is a taller spring. It is not stock, They are PAC 1218 springs good to .600 lift as it states in the add you purchased the motor in. The chains are all 100% new and are purchased from Lakeside Chevrolet in Rockwall TX along with the Head gaskets used in the build. I can also supply the contact to verify that we purchase dozens of them both monthly for our builds.

This is a very unfortunate situation to be put in for any shop, however I do understand that with any volume sales bad customers will always show themselves. I truly believe that with the number of times a refund or replacement was offered the motor would have been returned if the customer were as concerned as he seems about it. I welcome anyone to call or pm for addl info to proove that what I have stated is true and consistant with both timelines and products used. We have built dozens of these motors every month and this is the first to leave me with an un happy customer that I am aware of. I know that there will be problems from time to time and we truly take every opportunity to make it right.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thompson
I really hate to see something like this with our name on it. I will outline the transaction for those interested so that you can see what has gone on.

July 27 Motor sent fed ex freight

Aug 01 Motor recieved, I was told damaged during shipment.

Aug 01 Claim started via Fed EX freight, Oprions given to customer were Ship back for a full refund, Ship back and recieve a new motor (i know it is nerve reacking to use a damaged motor may be something there you dont initially see) or replace damaged parts. Customer decided to keep motor and repair damaged parts. Pictures were requested by Fed ex
Fed ex tracking number:
xxxxxx350-5
Claim number
xxxxx898
Claim rep with Fed ex
Felecia

Aug 03 recieved Phone call from customer stating that fed ex does not have claim going. I contacted fed ex and confirmed that everything was ok with claim, they are simply waiting on pictures from customer to submit. Offered the same deal as aug 1 for full refund or replacement. Customer wanted a Complete replacement for the motor, Continued with claim in order to replace motor.

Aug 05 pictures recieved, Very zoomed in and difficult to see that it was the correct motor. Customer complained of dirty components surrounding motor (front and rear cover valve covers coil pac's and intake)(these were parts that were not included in the Ebay add and were added after the fact, Customer had option of new components from GM or parts that we had lying around from other builds. Customer decided to go with used to save money) Pictures were sent to Fed ex to continue claim.

Aug 05 Dispute filed by customer with Pay pal, Funds reversed. I contacted customer via paypal dispute resolution center attempting to understand the dispute and was told if I did not send him a new motor immediately he would give me negative feedback. I explained that if he would like a new motor the old must be returned first OR the claim with fed ex completed as I can not send another motor with the funds reversed and still no motor in my posession. I was told that his wife would not allow him to send motor back. I then escelated the dispute to resolution by paypal (this means they step in as a mediator to resolve the dispute) Paypal steped in and decided that the full refund would be given upon return of the motor.

09 Aug Fed ex attempts to contact for inspection and was un able view the motor.

09 Aug Spoke with fed ex about returning the motor free of charge to TMS. Fed ex agreed and I contacted Customer with news of free shipping and again offering full refund. Customer declined and said he would rater have another lsx shop look at the motor then send it back to TMS.

10 Aug Negative feedback left by customer on ebay stating junkyard motor with CNC ported heads and big cam, Also that Kyle is a con artist.

12 Aug Spoke with Ebay about transaction. Ebay reviewed the dispute with paypal as well as the pictures both before as well as the pictures sent from customer and deturmined that there was too much "fishyness" with the customer. Ebay deleted the negative feedback.

The above is all factual and can be prooven with emails, dispute numbers, Fed ex tracking numbers, as well as Claim numbers. The motors are built to a short block by a local custom engine builder who can also be contacted to confirm that the work done was a complete rebuild with parts as shown in add. CNC work was also done by a local business who can be contacted to varify as such. I see that the springs are in question now, If you (the customer) will remove the spring and stand next to a stock you will see that it is a taller spring. It is not stock, They are PAC 1218 springs good to .600 lift as it states in the add you purchased the motor in. The chains are all 100% new and are purchased from Lakeside Chevrolet in Rockwall TX along with the Head gaskets used in the build. I can also supply the contact to verify that we purchase dozens of them both monthly for our builds.

This is a very unfortunate situation to be put in for any shop, however I do understand that with any volume sales bad customers will always show themselves. I truly believe that with the number of times a refund or replacement was offered the motor would have been returned if the customer were as concerned as he seems about it. I welcome anyone to call or pm for addl info to proove that what I have stated is true and consistant with both timelines and products used. We have built dozens of these motors every month and this is the first to leave me with an un happy customer that I am aware of. I know that there will be problems from time to time and we truly take every opportunity to make it right.
That's the stuff I like to see with new sponsors ....Sounds like the dumbass "fast_one_2" was trying to get some **** for free. Keep all the documents on any purchases……. and willing to ship out new products to replace anything that might have happened in shipping "Thats good in my book".

Thanks for the post TMS

And for the people thinking I’m a nut swinger you might want to read this post from the start.

Now TMS just needs to get a shop car out.. lol

Last edited by SSHAWK; 08-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
That's the stuff I like to see with new sponsors ....Sounds like the dumbass "fast_one_2" was trying to get some **** for free. Keep all the documents on any purchases……. and willing to ship out new products to replace anything that might have happened in shipping "Thats good in my book".

Thanks for the post TMS

And for the people thinking I’m a nut swinger you might want to read this post from the start.

Thank you SSHAWK, we are really trying for a good name. As for the shop car, I have been working on a TT 2010 camaro but have been so busy keeping up with the work coming through we cant seem to get it done. I am very excited to show what we can do with a little boost. watch for it in the next month or so.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Thank you SSHAWK, we are really trying for a good name. As for the shop car, I have been working on a TT 2010 camaro but have been so busy keeping up with the work coming through we cant seem to get it done. I am very excited to show what we can do with a little boost. watch for it in the next month or so.
Nice!!! Your building a TT 2010 camaro.... 1/4 mile car?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Good stuff! Glad to see a new sponsor working thru the bumps in the road. Good luck Thompson MotorSports!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

yes 1/4mile car with an auto 6 speed which is where the complication is. We have twin 62/62 precision turbos on it with all of the goodies to go along with it. We are testing to see what kind of power levels the a6 will take. We have used them in a number of 10 second cars but I hear horror stories about trying 9s with them. We will see soon.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post TMS

I use the same builder as TMS use and I had NO problem out of any motors from this builder, most recently my 408. KYLE I'm glad you reply to all post Good or Bad. Good luck on your shop car, see you at Dallas Raceway soon.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Thank you to all who have come out and supported us in this, It helps more than you would believe to have support in situations like this. Especially as a new shop.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

yes 1/4mile car with an auto 6 speed which is where the complication is. We have twin 62/62 precision turbos on it with all of the goodies to go along with it. We are testing to see what kind of power levels the a6 will take. We have used them in a number of 10 second cars but I hear horror stories about trying 9s with them. We will see soon.

Are you wanting to do this with a stock bottom end???

I can't wait to see your car at the track... I run at Dallas Raceway all the time. I'm waiting for it to cool down to go back out.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Are you wanting to do this with a stock bottom end???

I can't wait to see your car at the track... I run at Dallas Raceway all the time. I'm waiting for it to cool down to go back out.
We will start the testing on a stock bottom end. I only intend to push it to 600ish to see if we are having problems with the trans there. From that we will do a TMS short block. Everyone knows the weaknesses in the motors I dont need to blow one up to know that haha. We run Dallas raceway every opportunity possible. I know we will not be there the next 2 wknds but there after we wont miss.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Well For whats its worth, I will be buying a motor from him, I have been burned several times on ebay or "mail order" engines in the past so I am very wary. But I emailed kevin several times asking questions and ask if he could get me some references, I got a whole list in a matter of hours. Of coures I am following up but as it sits now come about the middle of sept i will be placing an order.

I am doing a LS engine swap in my 93 yj.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Bro you are about one of the biggest weasels I have ever seen, just another punk trying to steal from a hard working man; who by the way, served our country in the Marines and gave your sorry A$$ freedom you realistically take for granted and don't even deserve. I was there when Kyle shipped that motor to you, as a matter of fact I went and picked it up from the machine shop for him, when I saw the scam you were trying to pull I actually gave you some props for about lets see .... yea that long until paypal called your bluff. I guess you never taught people take pictures of things before they send them huh! Well in your case as in the case of all motors that get shipped out they did do that because of warranty and liability insurance issues, and the occasional D!CKH&DS like YOU! Here is a tip, get a JOB and try to make an honest living for a change, that way you can start to appreciate the self satisfaction you attain when you can actually purchase something instead of stealing it! Once that happens you will understand first hand why people like me would like to shove their foot deep up your fat A$$!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

i met with Kyle today for at least half a day,and i got the scoop on the *** hat in ILLINOIS.
hey ILLINOIS BOY, SUCK A BIG TEXAS DICK.
Kyle has done way more than enough to rectify your problem and your just being a straight bitch,wanting something for nothing..
as you can tell you aint gonna pull **** off he has way more than enough documentation to shut you up.
oh wait he already has..
anyways
Kyle is far from a scam artist nor does he care to be one,so stick to your Midwestern section and buy your motors from the damn yankees up north and leave us rednecks alone.
TMS can and will do just fine with out "YOUR" buisness.
thank you goodnight
Ed
Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a very good strong feeling that sometime in the next 5 years TMS is going to be a very big shop name in Texas, kinda like North Texas's version of LMR
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Italian Stallion
Bro you are about one of the biggest weasels I have ever seen, just another punk trying to steal from a hard working man; who by the way, served our country in the Marines and gave your sorry A$$ freedom you realistically take for granted and don't even deserve. I was there when Kyle shipped that motor to you, as a matter of fact I went and picked it up from the machine shop for him, when I saw the scam you were trying to pull I actually gave you some props for about lets see .... yea that long until paypal called your bluff. I guess you never taught people take pictures of things before they send them huh! Well in your case as in the case of all motors that get shipped out they did do that because of warranty and liability insurance issues, and the occasional D!CKH&DS like YOU! Here is a tip, get a JOB and try to make an honest living for a change, that way you can start to appreciate the self satisfaction you attain when you can actually purchase something instead of stealing it! Once that happens you will understand first hand why people like me would like to shove their foot deep up your fat A$$!
Is this John ippolito??? lol
Old 08-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned

Is this John ippolito??? lol
Can you believe the crazy Italian is back on the forum?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Buddy with a boosted TA bought a engine from him about a year ago and its still holding strong, everything was as described and he even said if my buddy had a issue with it 3 months after it was in the car to call him and he would get it fixed. But his car runs strong with 850+hp with a 88mm. Kyle seemed like a really stand up guy. I was in the Marines for 4 years as well and cannot believe someone would try to scam the very guy protecting his sorry *** day in and day out.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

Can you believe the crazy Italian is back on the forum?
So that's John??? Holy ****!!!

I didn't even know that was him.... I just know he used to go by that name way back in the day. And yup thats another thing that kind of made me think of John he's Crazy lol..... I know first hand lol "crazy Italian "

Ask him who's the only person ever to break his nose and not beat them down lol .......thats me If that doesn't ring a bell for him I know some other things that might lol

If you talk to him tell him to get on and say hi .. So now that you know John this makes me think I might know you. lol How long have you known John ??

Longer then 15 years?

This will get funny as hell if I know you lol
Old 08-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

So that's John??? Holy ****!!!

I didn't even know that was him.... I just know he used to go by that name way back in the day. And yup thats another thing that kind of made me think of John he's Crazy lol..... I know first hand lol "crazy Italian "

Ask him who's the only person ever to break his nose and not beat them down lol .......thats me If that doesn't ring a bell for him I know some other things that might lol

If you talk to him tell him to get on and say hi .. So now that you know John this makes me think I might know you. lol How long have you known John ??

Longer then 15 years?

This will get funny as hell if I know you lol
I have only known him 10-11years or so, at least as far as I can remember. I will let him know that he needs to get back on here more often. Come by the shop and check it out some time.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

I have only known him 10-11years or so, at least as far as I can remember. I will let him know that he needs to get back on here more often. Come by the shop and check it out some time.
I sent him a text last night and talk to him for a bit lol.

I'll have to come by and check it out..

It's just funny going from his screen name and how he was talking in the post I knew it was him lol

I work like 10 mins from hes office lol

Quick Reply: Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports