Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
all the time you wasted on that long post to only have one valid point
/care. Took like 5 min

I got paid while I wrote it. What did you get while you read it? *****
Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had some of the bigger dogs try to bite and chase my 90 yr old grandparents and they ended up being dealt with pretty easily. You call the authorities immediately and the police and deal with the owners the FIRST time even a hint of anything happens. If I even walk down my street and a dog is aggressive towards us it gets dealt with right then and there. Unfortunately quite a few of these dog owners are complete turds and we had two small children maimed for life with one's face being torn half off by someone's Great Dane who had done this stuff before.

We had some "bad" dog breeds too when we were small that we rode around like horses and molested continuously and I am surprised they didn't eat us! Of course we brought them up ourselves so it is true a ton of this behavior is probably learned or taught to many of these breeds like Pits where certain people buy them and train them and are "proud" that people fear them. These are the dogs that I feel bad for as people made them mostly behave as they do by training and reinforcing aggressive behavior and then the whole breed gets blamed.

Some of the small dogs are every bit as bad but even a kid can laugh at a vicious 5 pound Pomeranian or Chihuahua furball but you can't laugh at the same 100 pound Doberman!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Stereotypes exist because of peoples' perception.

A domestic dog only knows what you teach it.
Both of those statements are completely untrue (actually I assume you just used the word perception incorrectly, because I would agree that yes, perception is exactly why many stereotypes exist).

All stereotypes aren't negative and many would agree with most of them. It's only when someone mentions bad stereotypes or stereotypes that could potentially be viewed as racist that you find people start arguing that they're built on no truth.

Domestic dogs can have plenty of taught behavior, but they will still carry their instincts that are passed down through the breed. If you don't at least accept that as fact then there is certainly no way of talking about this subject.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 04-06-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Both of those statements are completely untrue (actually I assume you just used the word perception incorrectly, because I would agree that yes, perception is exactly why many stereotypes exist).

All stereotypes aren't negative and many would agree with most of them. It's only when someone mentions bad stereotypes or stereotypes that could potentially be viewed as racist that you find people start arguing that they're built on no truth.

Domestic dogs can have plenty of taught behavior, but they will still carry their instincts that are passed down through the breed. If you don't at least accept that as fact then there is certainly no way of talking about this subject.
Ok guy. Pretty sure your first paragraph is a contradiction. But here goes...

First, don't assume ****. Second, have you ever spoke to someone outside of the State of Texas? Especially someone from North of the Mason-Dixon Line? If so, did you tell them you were from Texas? Did they ask if you had a 10 gallon hat and rode to work on a horse? They regard that stereotype to be true. That is their perception of reality.

No need for an explaination of stereotype. I didn't say anything about them being all negative.

I know what you're getting at with the instincts thing. They have instincts to chase, roam, breed, the flight/fight thing, etc. No domesticated dog has instincts to attack a human being.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are right explain to me why a domestic dog in the absence of attack training would attack a human with out prior provocation?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

It is stated in ancient chinese documents Treasures, like perls, jade, rare animals or dogs were considered imperial property. One emperor, Ling To (168-190 AD) liked them so much, that he gave thesedogs rank, the females received the same rank as his wives. He ordered that these dogs are to be guarded by soldiers and fed only the best meat and rice. If anyone attempted to steal one of these dogs, he or she would be sentenced to death. The original name for the dogs was lo chiang-sze and was shortened later to the word lo-sze. During the Dynasty of Yuan (1206-1333 AD), it was costumary to parade all the emperor's animals in front of his guests. Right after the lions, "golden-coated nimble dogs" were presented. This might have been the time that these dogs were introduced to Europe.

At 1572, William the Silent (the King of Holland) was at war with Spain. One night he was awakened by one of his dogs (he took his dogs with him, wherever he went :-)) just in time to avoid beeing assassinated. Finally, an official record proving how important we dogs are to people! At 1688, this dog became the official dog of the Dutch royalty - the House of Orange. As Prince William traveled from Holland to England, to ascend his throne, his dogs attended the ceremony wearing orange ribbons.

At around 1736, this dog was the secret symbol of Mopsorden, a order led by the Grand Master of the Freemasons

Bow to some Royalty Bitches its a Pug
Old 04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

My Baya

Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

/care. Took like 5 min

I got paid while I wrote it. What did you get while you read it? *****
LMAO... i got a lesson on how to not spell douche ... i too get paid to read

Last edited by AGRV8D; 04-07-2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: 0-60 is a "doosh"
Old 04-07-2011, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

No domesticated dog has instincts to attack a human being.
http://www.canispanther.com/home.html

these dogs were bred to be human aggressive/protect their owners at all cost.... your argument is again invalid
Old 04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LMAO... i got a lesson on how to not spell douche ... i too get paid to read
Christ, you're annoying. Its slang, ********. I can spell it how I want. Wasn't like I was describing the action you perform on your mangina.

http://www.canispanther.com/home.html

these dogs were bred to be human aggressive/protect their owners at all cost.... your argument is again invalid
Passed giving a ****, you win, know-it-all.

If you got paid, it was too much. gfy

Last edited by zero2sixT; 04-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 75lbs. pits that if I let you in the door of my house might hurt you from there tail wagging cause there so happy to see you. My brother in law has a jack russel that will jump up in the air and try to bite your face off and if he doesn't he will latch onto your leg and bite the **** out of you. I hate that fukin dog. Anyway the number of dogs that are well behaved out number the amount that are bad. It does make me sad to hear about people or kids being bit or killed by dogs. I have baby pictures of my daughter sitting on top of my 2 so called " land sharks " pitbulls when she was still in diapers. Blame the owner, not the breed.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Ok so I skimmed through all 4 pages of this muck. So if I repeat something or omit something previously stated, I sincerely apoligize.

The reason "bully breeds" have a bad rap is a mix of a bunch fo things. These dogs are physicaly stronger than the majority of other dogs. (Attn: Do NOT read stronger as aggresive). There are alot of unfit owners/trainers/breeders in control of these animals. And yes, there are genetic bred traits in diff breeds of dogs that raise their level of aggresive behavoir. And since dogs are animals, they cannot be 100% guarenteed to act in ANY manor, good or bad. A dog is just likely to attack someone as I am to punching someone in the face. And it would most likely be based on the same thing, a feeling of being threatened to the point of needing to protect ones own well being.

I own a 72 lbs dog (mutt) that could do some serious damage if she really put her mind to it. This is why I keep her in my backyard or in my house, she is never outside the house or yard unless on a leash. My fence is kept up and mended promptly when broken. However, if you are stupid enough to crawl over my fence or come in the window of my house and she attacks you. Thats your problem bud. Responsible owners would not, and let me be clear, would NOT prevent all bully dog attacks. But it would prevent a large percentage.

Just to clarify where I stand on the subject:

I have no veteranarian training. Everything I know and say comes from personal experiences and opinions and should be taken as such. I have owned 3 dogs in my life, two small breeds (lhasa apso & pomeranian) and one large breed (boxer/shepard mix). I was attacked by a male 5 year old pit bull and a male 3 year old rott when I was 6 years old. My father in law owned two full blood pits that I have had a ton of personal interaction with.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Dog Breeds