Father's right to Abortion.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauge
To those of you who accuse me of "crusading" and "brow beating," etc, I think that you don't like to hear what I have to say and are responding unfairly. My original post was basically two things... first, to give my point of view, and second, to explain the law (which is in direct conflict with my beliefs). I didn't want my explanation of the law to give people the impression that I believed something that I do not. Otherwise, I wouldn't have mentioned my beliefs. Then, someone responded scoffing at my statement that sex before marriage was wrong. I pointed out that I'm a Christian as my one-sentence explanation for that belief. If this is "brow beating" or "crusading," then those terms are a lot more inclusive than I realized.

Do you realize how early there is a heartbeat? They have a regular heartbeat by the 6th week. The brain begins developing earlier. By some ridiculously early age they have all their organs (not mature, but they exist). I want to say our sonographer told us it was 12 weeks or something crazy like that. Most states allow abortion up to 14 weeks.

Also, it's really all about the potential for life. It's hard for anyone to argue one way or the other when life actually begins, but the potential for life is being snuffed out at the very least. The egg I eat for breakfast has no potential for life as it's not fertilized.

Yes, I believe that (per the Bible). My wife and I waited for 6.5 years (dated in high school, married after college). It wasn't easy.
Me personally, I feel that if a couple or a single mom is not able to support a baby, what potential is there? She will bring the baby into the world and let it grow up (if she can provide food for it) in a life of poverty or misery. I realize this kid could POTENTIALLY do something amazing and become rich and happy, but the odds are very stacked against him in that regard. What then?

And damn, 6.5 years???

That might be some of the most hardcore **** I've ever heard of since you were with her the entire time. Quick question, I saw a website called www.idump4u.com and ppl pay the owner to break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend and one guy paid the owner to call his girlfriend and break up for him because the girl wasn't giving him any space, was controlling, wanted to move in with him and she was super religous so she wouldn't have sex with him, but she was ok with him doing things to her for her to get off on but used her religion as an excuse to not return the favor to him. I actually felt bad for the girl, all the other women deserved to be broken up with because they cheated and what not, but this one was just more annoying I think. Is that allowed (I'm assuming she's Christian)? Can ppl do the other stuff besides sex or is that kind of a gray area?

Originally Posted by HTX
The law considers the father to be a paycheck and nothing more. Hopefully that will change...
Yeah no kidding, which is why I hope to never get a divorce

Last edited by SnIpEz; 04-05-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not read all 3 pages because I'm at work but here is my opinion.

It should be a law that requires both signitures from father and mother for abortion. I am against abortion and a father of 2. That is besides the point. Anything in Texas law in a divorce is considered shared property. Why is it not so for a life. One person in a joint action should not have sole authority over a decision like that.

If a mother wants to abort but father does not. Mother should give up rights after birth simple as that. Or vice versa. Problem is that in most cases where an unwanted pregnancy occurs it is easier to pay for an abortion then paying child support for a full 18 yrs or more.

It sickens me that a matter like this is so common and a father has no say. My .02
Old 04-05-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everyone that has contributed to this thread thank you.
This was exactly what I need diffierent opinions.
If any one else has any opinions they would like to speak of please go ahead.
Again Thanks guys.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:25 AM
TECH Resident

I agree, it's bull **** father's have no say in it, but at the same time I can't imagine legally forcing a women to go through a pregnancy. As guys we don't know what that's like and I know it ravages a woman's body and limits her severely for 9 months. This whole issue is so fucked, there is no win-win solution, which is why it's likely going to stay how it is forever
Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
11Second Club

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Quick question, I saw a website called www.idump4u.com and ppl pay the owner to break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend and one guy paid the owner to call his girlfriend and break up for him because the girl wasn't giving him any space, was controlling, wanted to move in with him and she was super religous so she wouldn't have sex with him, but she was ok with him doing things to her for her to get off on but used her religion as an excuse to not return the favor to him. I actually felt bad for the girl, all the other women deserved to be broken up with because they cheated and what not, but this one was just more annoying I think. Is that allowed (I'm assuming she's Christian)? Can ppl do the other stuff besides sex or is that kind of a gray area?
I'll PM you about this.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received. Interesting info, thanks man!

Quick Reply: Father's right to Abortion.