State Farm will screw ya

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Dont drive through water.
haha im with him^

i love state farm. my agent went with me to the dragstrip last time i went hahahahaha i almost hit a wall when the rear came loose after a hard 1->2 shift and she just rolled her eyes
Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
My family has had them for 30+ years and they have always been good to us. Your claim may be legit but I know a lot of people who got 382, 408s..because they drove through a 'flooded" street with the stock motor
hahaha truth being spoken. Yup, there are people who do this.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

This was not on purpose. I was on a road I had never been on in the rain before. But more to the point state farm just called me and said "that does not look like water damage" and denied my claim. The title of the thread still stands as far as far as I am concerned. My family has had them for more than 20 years and we're cancelling bc of this.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:55 PM
WKF
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have the SF Comprehensive Auto policy ?
Sheesh man, SF has always done me alright & then some...........
I'm not sure how adjusters pay works on auto claims but in the Cat./ homeowners way of things , the bigger the claim the more the adjuster is paid....... Its kinda funny really because everyone thinks its the opposite when I show up on-site to look at their roof for hail or wind damage lol.
I always gotta sit down with them & tellem "Sir/Ma'am , I'm not here to try & rip you off & get the insurance company off as cheaply as possible....... I'm here to give a HONEST assessment of what needs to be done so we can get your house back the way it was before this incident, If your really worried about me getting paid more for getting the insurance company off as cheaply as possible, rest assured its quite the opposite"
They always look surprised when I tell'em that!

You should send that picture to the adjuster & invite him to do a quick reassessment of your claim...... as long as you held up your end of things that are required of you SF should take care of ya.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I have comprehensive which covers flood and water damage. When I was on the phone with them the first time I called the rep said "you need to find evidence of water in the engine" He said to have the engine torn down and pull the heads because there would most likely be rust if water was a factor.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had State Farm for a good while now, home, auto, atv, etc... They've been excellent to deal with so far, and have been really reasonable and helpful. I haven't had to file a claim or anything yet, but so far they have really been good about everything, and have been able to answer any questions I've thrown at them.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm dealing with Hail damage right now, and it seems to be going pretty well. State Farm sent out their adjuster this morning and he gave me his estimate, and now its off to the shop on Monday to get their estimate.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Launching!

I got hit by an 18 wheeler and my insurance company wanted me to wait to file a claim untill the trucking company took responsibilty .... i told them that i needed a rental and they got pissed and gave me the run around lol... sry about your luck we have all had our bad run-ins with them
Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 PM
WKF
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by destroyer1362
Yeah I have comprehensive which covers flood and water damage. When I was on the phone with them the first time I called the rep said "you need to find evidence of water in the engine" He said to have the engine torn down and pull the heads because there would most likely be rust if water was a factor.
Well by the looks of your picture there you definitely have that.
IMO, it has alot to do with how your mechanic came across to the adjuster regarding whats wrong with the motor. If he used words like Hydro-lock or waterlogged air filter...... or internal oxidation / rust & showed the adjuster whats we see in that photo you shouldn't have had a problem.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Everyone stated it; send those pictures to them and I would honestly use the threat of TDI and having a mechanic and photo evidence to send to em. They would send someone out to handle it quickly. Who is your adjuster? You can PM the name and if I know him or his super I can just make a phone call and see what I can do. (The outside adjuster who came out to inspect, not the in office phone "claim handler")
Old 04-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Teching In

most times on a water damage claim they take 2-3 days to come inspect the car and by then the water is gone.. a good mechanic would have used a water hose to reinstate the water..lol jkjk

Quick Reply: State Farm will screw ya