Buying wife 2011 Kia Sorento this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5w20
total dollar in vs total dollar out
dammit .... I did "continue reading"
Old 04-28-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wildbills toyota
i specifically asked if electrical was covered and they stated yes. but i will make sure to ask again
they will say anything to sell it, you have to look at the disclosures. you wouldn't believe how many pissed off customers i seen in service telling them that they had an extended warranty or that it covered everything. Either they sold them some bullshit aftermarket warranty which usually doesn't cover **** or they sold them a maintenance plan and had no warranty.

Sales people = vultures

they are revolving doors so when it happened the sales person no longer worked there..

kia offers several lengthy warranties that together make up a comprehensive coverage plan. Perhaps the best known warranty is the long power train warranty.

the kia power train warranty is in effect for 10 years or 100,000 miles. This warranty covers specific parts of the engine, transaxle, the axles, transmission, differentials and the propeller shafts. There are no deductibles for this coverage.
The precise engine components covered under this warranty include the cylinder block, timing gear, all gaskets, all seals, the cylinder head, valve cover, water pump, flywheel and the oil pump. It also covers all internal parts of the engine.
The covered transaxle parts include the transmission case, the drive shafts, gaskets, bearings, seals, the front hubs, the torque converter and all of the internal parts of the transaxle.
The transmission components covered include the transmission and transfer cases, all gaskets, the torque converter, all seals and all of the transmission’s internal parts.
All of the internal parts of the differential are covered as well as the differential assemblies, both front and rear.
The universal joints, drive shafts, axle shafts, wheel bearings and c-v joints are also covered under the power train warranty.

a bumper-to-bumper warranty is in place for five years or 60,000 miles. This covers virtually every part of the vehicle except those parts that are expected to need replacement due to normal wear.
Adjustment coverage is offered on all kia vehicles for one year or 12,000 miles. This covers service adjustments that may be needed during the first year of ownership, including wheel alignment, wheel balancing, the adjustment of cables, levers, belts and pedals and engine adjustments.
Air conditioner refrigerant is covered for one year.
there is no mileage limitation on this coverage.
the audio system, including the radio, cd and cassette player, the rear seat entertainment system and any entertainment equipment purchased with the vehicle are covered for three years or 36,000 miles.
a paint repair warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles.
All seat belts in kia vehicles are covered for 10 years with no limit on the number of miles during the coverage period.
Tires are not included in any kia warranty. Tires will generally come with their own warranty directly from the tire manufacturer.
Any warranty service must take place at a kai dealership to be covered under the policy.
An anti-perforation warranty is included for five years or 100,000 miles. This covers the vehicle against rust that creates holes in the body of the vehicle. Holes created in other ways, such as accidents, are not covered.
Roadside assistance coverage is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. This includes emergency roadside services in the event of a break down, running out of fuel, a flat tire, a lock out, etc. For flat tire service, the vehicle owner must provide a spare tire. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year during the coverage period.

¿amirite?

Lets say a rock hits your a/c condenser and makes a hole in it 18 months down the road. No warranty since it wasn't a manufacturer defect and you are over 12 months so you are out of pocket a condenser, labor, and refrigerant. Just an example...

but but but you had 10yr 100k warranty

Electrical falls into the 5yr/60k not the other.

Last edited by 5w20; 04-28-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Yessir that is right. They cover engine components in the powertrain warranty, but don't cover sensors that are usually the culprit. SSS it all the time at gm because their powertrain is the same way... To the op. Shame on you for not buying a car from an American owned manufacturer. I mean your already paying for gm and Chrysler why not buy one?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
Yessir that is right. They cover engine components in the powertrain warranty, but don't cover sensors that are usually the culprit. SSS it all the time at gm because their powertrain is the same way... To the op. Shame on you for not buying a car from an American owned manufacturer. I mean your already paying for gm and Chrysler why not buy one?
lol, these Kias are mae in the USA. And did you not see that article on yahoo last week about what cars are really made in the usa. ****, like 80% on hondas parts are made and designed in the USA but Fords ae only like 60%. The article was talkin about dont be fooled by American names like ford and chevy. These sorentos are built in the usa by AMERICAN workers! Just like the Toyota Tundra
Old 04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

¿amirite?

Lets say a rock hits your a/c condenser and makes a hole in it 18 months down the road. No warranty since it wasn't a manufacturer defect and you are over 12 months so you are out of pocket a condenser, labor, and refrigerant. Just an example...

but but but you had 10yr 100k warranty

Electrical falls into the 5yr/60k not the other.
5 year 60k on the elctrical is still way better than everyone else is offering. And how can you use a rck hitting someting as an example? If a rck hits any car the warranty wont cover it. Its a road hazard
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Oh my bad I fogrot yahoo is the know all of the world, I believe they also said the tahoe was one of the worst vehicles ever made... Wtfever... In the end it's your choice. This is the way I look at the new kias I hve seen them, sat in them, test drove them. You can polish a turd all you want, but in the end it's still a turd.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Oh my bad I fogrot yahoo is the know all of the world, I believe they also said the tahoe was one of the worst vehicles ever made... Wtfever... In the end it's your choice. This is the way I look at the new kias I hve seen them, sat in them, test drove them. You can polish a turd all you want, but in the end it's still a turd.
Thats exactly what I say about tahoes and always have. lol. Are you one of those Ill only ever drive a chevy guys?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how people are jumping on the Kia and Hyundai band wagon after they manufacture "good rated" products. "OMG, I read the opinions of people from Consumer Reports, Yahoo, and MSN, I know everything now." "Did you know that the people that write these articles have multiple engineering and manufacturing degrees from MIT???" "They know everything there is about cars, plus my car salesman told this is the best car in the world!"

Have fun buying a throwaway car.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Congrats Bill.

I bought a new Hyundai Tucson last year which I think is the sister of the Kia you're getting. Anyways, it has 20k miles on it, no problems, awesome features, etc. My aunt just bought a $50k Acura and proudly said...."watch this...." and started showing how the Bluetooth worked. I shyly said...."uh, my Hyundai has this, too." So many features for the money and probably averages 26 or 27 mpg combined.

I hear that resale value on Kia/Hyundai is on the upper end of the scale?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

Man that car looks bad ***. Wouldn't mind DDing that!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
5 year 60k on the elctrical is still way better than everyone else is offering. And how can you use a rck hitting someting as an example? If a rck hits any car the warranty wont cover it. Its a road hazard
Not true, some manufacturers will bend over for customers..

Originally Posted by Jemo
Congrats Bill.

I bought a new Hyundai Tucson last year which I think is the sister of the Kia you're getting. Anyways, it has 20k miles on it, no problems, awesome features, etc. My aunt just bought a $50k Acura and proudly said...."watch this...." and started showing how the Bluetooth worked. I shyly said...."uh, my Hyundai has this, too." So many features for the money and probably averages 26 or 27 mpg combined.

I hear that resale value on Kia/Hyundai is on the upper end of the scale?

thats like comparing some ground beef to a ribeye, don't do that again.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you guys are really splitting hairs where they don't need to be split. Kia and Hyundais are both fine vehicles and these hypothetical "rock hitting the radiator" scenarios don't really add any validity to why the vehicle shouldn't be purchased.

Your statistically more likely to see electrical issues in a new BMW or Jaguar for that matter.

If it fits the budget and looks good then go for it.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can afford it, and are going to keep it for a long time go for it. Just know that if you end up in a pinch and need to sell it, good luck. With an optioned out kia you are going to be upside down on it.

Sure that can be said of most new vehicles, but a kia doesn't have the resale value that others will.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
If you can afford it, and are going to keep it for a long time go for it. Just know that if you end up in a pinch and need to sell it, good luck. With an optioned out kia you are going to be upside down on it.

Sure that can be said of most new vehicles, but a kia doesn't have the resale value that others will.
the car will be paid for in cash so not worried about being upside down. And also, with the 10 year 100k warranty this will be her car for a long time threw the early stages of our kids
Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by texas94z
I love how people are jumping on the Kia and Hyundai band wagon after they manufacture "good rated" products. "OMG, I read the opinions of people from Consumer Reports, Yahoo, and MSN, I know everything now." "Did you know that the people that write these articles have multiple engineering and manufacturing degrees from MIT???" "They know everything there is about cars, plus my car salesman told this is the best car in the world!"

lol, throw away car huh. Such a retard statement. What do you drive?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow- much hate for someone that is excited about getting a new car!

I have heard the quality on these have really stepped up.

Oh yea- the rock chip in the AC line actually happened to me in a brand new 98 chevy extended cab- and no weisner did not cover it.

Good luck on the new ride
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Nope, but I work on them, and the tahoe is one of the best vehicles gm has produced in the reliability standpoint, hell anything with an LS or ecotec. The worst has to be the aveo, built by Hyundai.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Nope, but I work on them, and the tahoe is one of the best vehicles gm has produced in the reliability standpoint. The worst has to be the aveo, built by
Hyundai.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by texas94z

please tell me you dont drive a gtp and a old *** z28 and your telling me a 2011 kia sorento is a throw away car??? If you do drive those cars I feel bad for you because they are CRAP. Talk about throw away cars. The new Kia is better quality than both those cars combined. lol. Wow, I was hoping you had a cts-v or something.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Nope, but I work on them, and the tahoe is one of the best vehicles gm has produced in the reliability standpoint. The worst has to be the aveo, built by
Hyundai.
ummm Im gonna disagree and say the corvette is the best. Tell my friend thay has a loaded Tahoe thats only 2 years old and has been in the shop 7 times and is about to trade it for a new 4 runner

Quick Reply: Buying wife 2011 Kia Sorento this weekend.