Buying wife 2011 Kia Sorento this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This thread is full of crybabies.

Bill, I don't think that's a bad vehicle for the money and for what you need it for.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
This thread is full of crybabies.

Bill, I don't think that's a bad vehicle for the money and for what you need it for.
maybe some jealous people cuz they can't buy a new car for cash lol
Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

My friend for over 15 years works the part counter at Kia, and even he is impressed with the new Kia cars, in particular the forte. He says you get a lot of bang for the buck.

And this is coming from a guy who has worked for BMW, Infinity, and drives a 2000 WS6, so he has been around a lot of nice cars for many years.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

The OLD kias were throw away cars, not the new. Most companies starts out at the bottom. We have people trading in Lexus' for Optimas. That should tell you something.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
The OLD kias were throw away cars, not the new. Most companies starts out at the bottom. We have people trading in Lexus' for Optimas. That should tell you something.
Bad example, maybe they moneys ain't right. lol

They probably are nice cars, nothing will change a person's decision when they have their mind made up. Willbill, if you like it then buy it, just don't believe all what a vulture tells you as I proved otherwise. Either way GL and enjoy whatever you decide to get.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
11Second Club

1) I know nothing about these cars and have no opinion about the brand.
2) Bill, you're not being objective. If you post asking for input from people who know about these cars, then don't get defensive when they have negative feedback. You've clearly made up your mind, and there's no problem with that... but, don't look to the opinion of others for validation of your choice. If someone says you're buying a shitty car, just don't worry about it if your mind's already made up. It is what it is at that point.
3) I buy American. American doesn't mean just made in America. It means made by an American company. If you buy a Hyundai built in the U.S., the $1500 worth of labor, and the $2000 profit the dealer makes (arbitrary numbers) will go to American workers. That's good. But, when you buy a car that's truly American, the other $21,500 you spent will stay in the American economy and go to a company headquartered here. That money will be spent here. If you buy a Kia, that majority of that money leaves the U.S. and hurts our economy. I'd buy a Chevy built in Mexico before I'd buy a Nissan built in Texas.

Quick Reply: Buying wife 2011 Kia Sorento this weekend.