livid pissed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default livid pissed

So just got done talking to an animal control officer that was sent out to my place on a complaint of loud barking and cruel living conditions, and im pissed. Apparently some asswipe called them and said I leave my two dogs locked up in a small cage all day outside, and they never stop crying.

Im not sure if I've ever been this pissed. My wife and I have two beagle puppies, and they are inside dogs. They are inside 90% of the time. And they don't cry or howl, EVER. in fact the only time they even bark is when they are happily playing with each other. They pay absolutely no attention to all the other dogs around us that make noise ALL THE TIME. And we don't keep them locked in a small cage. We have a huge playpen for them on the back patio that we pit them in, and its for very short periods of time. The reason we are using it is because we are in the process of redoing the whole backyard, and its not a good place for them right now.

Apparently they told them we were breeding them too, he was expecting more dogs and a makeshift kennel.

What the hell is wrong with people? Our dogs are not very noisy and they are pampered almost to the level children would be!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go knock on his door and talk to him in person. Don't threaten him, just calmly find out what the deal is - that'll usually get most people to shut up and leave you alone.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like you are surrounded by ********. Sorry to hear that.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Go knock on his door and talk to him in person. Don't threaten him, just calmly find out what the deal is - that'll usually get most people to shut up and leave you alone.
x2

but I also think the *** kicking helps sometimes lol

Well it would make me feel better lol
Old 05-06-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cause people suck.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not 100% sure which neighbor it is. Im pretty certain its the people right behind us though. They are the only ones who could actually see the playpen. Except for the people to our left, but we are very friendly with them, there's no way they'd do it. I hope.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I had a neighbor do that once, after I told him i wouldnt file charges for exsposing himself in our front yard he stfu.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to play devil's advocate....

There is a dog 2 houses down from me that is always outside and cries / yaps all day long and well into the night some nights. One of the neighbors behind us called animal control and reported it was my neighbor (who doesn't even have a freaking dog.

Animal control came out. My neighbor showed them his whole house and yard and told him it was next door. The animal control officer said he wouldn't go over there because it was not the house that was called in. We talked to the people who called it in and they honestly thought it was my neighbor. It can be difficult to pinpoint where sounds are coming from unless you live immediately next to a person. In my group of houses. My neighbor is the only one without a dog.

It sux, but it could be a random neighbor from further away that reported they wrong house. If you can find out who did call it in, a calm / reasonable discussion could go a long way.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
Im not 100% sure which neighbor it is. Im pretty certain its the people right behind us though. They are the only ones who could actually see the playpen. Except for the people to our left, but we are very friendly with them, there's no way they'd do it. I hope.
We can always show up to your house with like 25 Cammed/dumped F-bodys at 1 or 2 am…….When they come out tell them ….do you like to hear this or my dogs that never come outside??? Tell them to call animal control again!!! lol
Old 05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

So does anyone know what happens if I get a complaint again? Would they actually have to prove their case before trying to screw me with something?

I was encouraged by the animal control guy a little. He said they have to investigate every complaint. And for however long he had been there before ringing the bell, he hadn't heard my dogs once. Hell even when I opened the door they stood up against the screen wagging their tails and wriggling around all happy like to see him. And they didn't make a sound!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As long as you know exactly what you and your dogs are doing, then you should have no problems. No need to be worried. I think the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty should still hold true.

He said they have to investigate every complaint.
But at least in your city they investigate if somebody calls something in, regardless whether it is happening at the time they show up or not.

In Denton they say that have to be present at the time the nuisance is happening. Well... Luckily our neighbor's dogs have calmed down a lot in the last few years.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So does anyone know what happens if I get a complaint again? Would they actually have to prove their case before trying to screw me with something?

I was encouraged by the animal control guy a little. He said they have to investigate every complaint. And for however long he had been there before ringing the bell, he hadn't heard my dogs once. Hell even when I opened the door they stood up against the screen wagging their tails and wriggling around all happy like to see him. And they didn't make a sound!
dont know about Keller but here in Brazos County, its a ~$700 fine. My ******* neighbor behind me came onto my property and knocked on my back gate to **** off my dog. While he was barking his *** off, the neighbor called animal control with the dog barking in the background. Animal Control showed up and parked in the driveway behind my house (my property = trespassing) which pissed off my dog again so she wrote me a ticket. I decided to fight it, showed up in service chucks with a witness statement from my other neighbor that saw both the ******* neighbor and Animal Control officer trespassing.

the judge looked at the assistant prosecutor, laughed, stood up and shook my hand. said "sorry to waste your time, sir" and dropped the charges
Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

wow I thought TX would be more laxed...I am a Home owner with 2 APBT that are insured thru my home owners insurance company... I have a "no trespassing sign", "Guard Dog on duty", and "Beware of Dog"...my guard is an outside pit..and I have another one that stays in the house..Neighbors have complained but Animal Control say's I took the necessary steps to prevent an incident and forewarned the neighborhood with the signs..I've had complaints about excessive barking..but I tell the judge each time..."we have strays in the area and a levee behind our house that people are constantly walking on." 4 times in court 4 times dropped....each time its dropped..I get the same statement to show that its taken care of.."Due to excessive view of the backyard from the public land designation that is part of the San Joaquin County Public Levee. The Guard dog is permitted to ensure the safety of the home and its occupants. Any appeal to the subject at matter must be taken to the United States Superior Court systems and must have justified proof that the animal is a danger or a nuisance to the public that warrants its removal from the owner(s) care." Now I just keep that around and when I get a complaint.. I show it to the AC officers..I never thought to keep the previous ones..but since I read the whole thing I've find it to be very useful!! lmao.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

I would love to do something about the people that live behind me. I can't sit on my back porch without them barking the whole time I'm out there. Who keeps three full grown labs in a small back yard with no grass anyways.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

beagles? LOL.
Im surprised the AC guy didn't LOL when he got a glance of your dogs.....
Must be one stupid guy or a human that hates dogs....
Old 05-07-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

They dont call them bugles for nothing lol.