Navy S.E.A.L. (now hiring)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navy S.E.A.L. (now hiring)

I've been a Navy recruiter in the Houston area since 2005. Joining the Navy was an excellent career opportunity for me. I am very excited about what our Special Forces team known as the SEALs have done this past week taking out the most hated criminal in the world. This has sparked a sudden surge in our SEAL applicant processing. We were used to processing about 10 new SEAL applicants per month in Houston and recently that's has been matched in a few days. We are always looking for the best of the best to join the Navy SEAL. If you want to apply or want information about what it takes to be a SEAL you may pm me. Please we aware of basic qualifications as follows,

-U.S. citizen
-age between 18-32 with a minimum high school diploma
-within 20 percent body fat
-no criminal background
-no medical issues (includes prescription drugs)
-very (very) active in exercises like running and swimming
Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

your not a sponsor no advertising .....lmao j/k

BUDS training is pretty bad ***. i seen these guy getting worked all the time when i lived in san diego.... use to go over to cornado and swim in the pool on the amphibious base.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 AM
11 Second Club

These guys are bad ***. They are the best. I enjoyed reading the very (very) active part. That's an understatement
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1) can I be a Reservist SEAL?
2) lat move?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

im 27 i thought the cut off was much younger.
I have a knee injury...that doesnt really effect me much at all.
I tore my acl and had the surgery.
Im INCREDIBLY active and definately under 20%...i think im at 16%
Strong swimmer and love to run...the acl doesnt effect me much.
will my past injury hurt my chances?
just curious...i have a good thing goin right now but you never know when things will change. Sounds like a LOT of work, but also (in a sick way) fun
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not trying to rain on your parade OP, but to all the people that are posting in interest, you need to keep in mind that about 80% of the people going through buds will drop out. With that being said, you still have to serve out your contract in the Navy, and it won't be as a S.E.A.L. Just food for thought.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats true...happen to my bro.
I think my question is in general towards the military. Iv been curious for a while
Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
thats true...happen to my bro.
I think my question is in general towards the military. Iv been curious for a while
It may haunt you, but it depends on which branch you go with. I know some branches can give you a waiver for certain past injuries/surgery.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KevinR
Not trying to rain on your parade OP, but to all the people that are posting in interest, you need to keep in mind that about 80% of the people going through buds will drop out. With that being said, you still have to serve out your contract in the Navy, and it won't be as a S.E.A.L. Just food for thought.
You hit the nail on the head. Anybody in the Navy can try out to be a seal but very very few will even make it to BUDS and even fewer will make it through BUDS.

Be realistic about this because just as it was mentioned, if you don't become
a SEAL, you still have your 4 years to serve. I was in the Navy and had a great time and it has benefitted me greatly, but if your only intention was to be a SEAL and not a regular sailor, you're gonna be very disappointed when you're cleaning toilets and mess cranking on board your ship.

Regular Navy and Navy SEAL...2 very different things.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 20lbbooster
You hit the nail on the head. Anybody in the Navy can try out to be a seal but very very few will even make it to BUDS and even fewer will make it through BUDS.

Be realistic about this because just as it was mentioned, if you don't become
a SEAL, you still have your 4 years to serve. I was in the Navy and had a great time and it has benefitted me greatly, but if your only intention was to be a SEAL and not a regular sailor, you're gonna be very disappointed when you're cleaning toilets and mess cranking on board your ship.

Regular Navy and Navy SEAL...2 very different things.
20lbbooster,
Too bad you didn't hit the nail on the head. I'm pretty sure most people know that's it's not easy to become a Navy Seal, in fact it's the worlds toughest training that never ends, even after BUDs. Last year the Navy designated or rated applicants as (SO), meaning special ops. These applicants have to pass a physical test that includes run, push-ups and pull ups before they go to Navy Bootcamp. If you pass the this test you are granted the SO rate entering the Navy. You are never a SEAL till the day you pass bootcamp, BUDs, and the 2 years special ops training. That's when you are awarded the trident pin. Yes more than 80 percent drop out of training and that means you will be absorbed by the fleet. You don't need to be putting out a message that cleaning toilets and mess cranking is a standard for all Navy sailors who join will have to face. That should be the least of your worries joining the military. The first year in the military whether it be Navy, Army, Marines, Air Force, even special forces.....it is the worst and toughest period of your training. Just so you know, there is a meaning to everything done in the military and if you can't understand that then you didn't learn much. As far as failing to be a SEAL, yes you will choose a job in the Navy and complete the remaining time on contract. What's wrong with being a sailor in the fleet?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
im 27 i thought the cut off was much younger.
I have a knee injury...that doesnt really effect me much at all.
I tore my acl and had the surgery.
Im INCREDIBLY active and definately under 20%...i think im at 16%
Strong swimmer and love to run...the acl doesnt effect me much.
will my past injury hurt my chances?
just curious...i have a good thing goin right now but you never know when things will change. Sounds like a LOT of work, but also (in a sick way) fun
TUMBLRws6,
Your injury (ACL) would be reviewed to even join the regular Navy. A waiver if granted would get you in the Navy and it would be up to you as far as passing the physical agility test for SO (special ops). You mention that this injury does not effect you "much" already may be a show stopper. SEALs don't come to BUDs with injuries, they leave BUDs with injuries. I suggest you watch some SEAL videos on Youtube and see some of the vicious training.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GOHOME
20lbbooster,
Too bad you didn't hit the nail on the head. I'm pretty sure most people know that's it's not easy to become a Navy Seal, in fact it's the worlds toughest training that never ends, even after BUDs. Last year the Navy designated or rated applicants as (SO), meaning special ops. These applicants have to pass a physical test that includes run, push-ups and pull ups before they go to Navy Bootcamp. If you pass the this test you are granted the SO rate entering the Navy. You are never a SEAL till the day you pass bootcamp, BUDs, and the 2 years special ops training. That's when you are awarded the trident pin. Yes more than 80 percent drop out of training and that means you will be absorbed by the fleet. You don't need to be putting out a message that cleaning toilets and mess cranking is a standard for all Navy sailors who join will have to face. That should be the least of your worries joining the military. The first year in the military whether it be Navy, Army, Marines, Air Force, even special forces.....it is the worst and toughest period of your training. Just so you know, there is a meaning to everything done in the military and if you can't understand that then you didn't learn much. As far as failing to be a SEAL, yes you will choose a job in the Navy and complete the remaining time on contract. What's wrong with being a sailor in the fleet?

He didn't say there was anything wrong with being a sailor, in fact he said that he too was a sailor and he enjoyed it. He clearly just doesn't want anybody walking in to it with false expectations. If you are going to get so upset about it, perhaps you shouldn't be recruiting on a car forum...just my .02.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Launching!

There's also many computer-related jobs for the Navy / Air Force. They're the two more technologically advanced services. Would be good job exp for a post-military life.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
4 years of Recon left me with no job, a Post 9/11 GI Bill, and a OEF and OIF T-Shirt. Just a heads up to anyone thinking about joining S.E.A.L, even if you are part or a elite team or SF once you get out there arent a lot of options for a trigger puller. Becoming a contractor over in Afganistan or join a few government jobs is all you can really do with the expericane and skills you learn while doing a infantry job. But most do stay in for life that go special forces. If I could do it over I would have went Air Force and got a real job experience. But this is just my story, for everyone else it will be different ofcourse, just giving a heads up.

And I have to say a sailor on ship is one shitty *** job, that is one job I would never do.
I wasn't in the Navy, so I couldn't say how bad the job was on ship. However, while I was in the Corps, I was on a few different ships, and the Sailors were constantly working, cleaning, doing something. My hats were off to them cause I wouldn't want to do it either. I hated the short times that I was on ship. But the liberty ports.....Now that's a different story.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

So, level with me. If you apply into seal training or however it techinically works. And you show up, do what your told, are capable of doing what is required and move on. Then you'll become a seal after said training programs? And you'll only get knocked back into the regular navy if you quit or are deemed inelligible for the seal program?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
So, level with me. If you apply into seal training or however it techinically works. And you show up, do what your told, are capable of doing what is required and move on. Then you'll become a seal after said training programs? And you'll only get knocked back into the regular navy if you quit or are deemed inelligible for the seal program?

Pretty much, yes. Which isn't a bad gig if you are already in cause you know if you don't make it, then you are just going to go back to your primary MOS. But for those who don't know what they are getting into, the OP was a little misleading (Not trying to talk trash OP, just stating the facts) You can't just go in, tell them you want to be a S.E.A.L., not make it through training, and walk your happy *** home. You still have an obligation to the Navy. And the odds of making it through buds are not that great
Old 05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Let me start by saying that I have a TON of respect for our military and especially our S.E.A.L.S.

This was my experience...I trained hard for Navy boot camp and went in as an E2 in 2002 after passing my physical testing prior to getting to Chicago. My very first morning there I dislocated my big toe (bent completely over my 2nd toe) jumping off the top rack when they came in screaming revaly revaly. I never bitched about it. I popped it back in place and went through my entire boot camp healing from that injury because I wanted my sign on bonus, i wanted to make a better future for myself, I wanted to be a part of something bigger, and it was like getting paid to workout = WIN.

However, toward the very end of boot camp, I was having serious foot pains and some lower back pain. After several x-rays, it was determined that I had fractured my foot at some point in years past and the old injury that I never knew I had was now causing problems. It turned out, I had chin-splints all the way up, my femur and ulnar broke apart from each other at the base and dislocated from the ankle, and a piece of bone from the plate covering my phalanges(in my foot) broke off and got wedged underneath the plate....did I ever bitch and want to quit HELL NO. I wanted to be there. You know what I got told? I got told that I had 2 choices. I could undergo a 3 part surgery that the Navy would pay for, but I would lose my job and sign-on bonus, and have no choice but to go in UN-DESIGNATED (doing the crap jobs) because they couldn't hold my job for that long. OR, I could elect to take a medical discharge and go back to being a civilian with no type of veteran status since I wasn't in long enough.
I am not a quitter, but I'm no fool either. I signed up because I wanted a future in a specific field, even after the military, not to go in un-designated and hope that I could get in to a good job a year or two (or more) in to my career. This was a lose lose situation for me. I made the personal choice to go back to civilian life. I went home broken and the only thing I had to live off of for months was a few bucks and a credit card I signed up for while I was in boot camp. Turns out, it was the best decision I could have made for myself. I'm now a Fireman/EMT and I LOVE what I do.

I have no regrets, and I completely understand why things went down the way they did. The point of this story is that you MUST be smart about your decisions regarding military life and how things will play out in the long run. Life doesn't always got the way you expect it to.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, you must have really taken my post the wrong way. As much as I'd like flame you back for blasting me in your reply, instead I'm gonna pay you some respect as an active duty member of our military, and a fellow sailor.

I'll restate my post in different words. I served my USN time in the Pacific Fleet, first in Adak Alaska on an unaccompanied, isolated tour, on an island in the middle of the Bering Sea. Followed by the USS John Paul Jones (DDG-53).

I loved the Navy. Those years were some of the best times of my life. I'd go so far as to say those years laid the foundation for the rest of my life. I loved being on the ship, "haze gray and underway."

I have no doubt that due to recent events that interest in the spec ops programs has peaked. I just hope you, as a recruiter, are setting realistic expectations for people looking to enlist.

By the way...every enlisted sailor has cleaned his fair share of toilets! A sailor who says he hasn't cleaned a toilet is a liar!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by GOHOME
20lbbooster,
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Teching In

So can you go from a civilian to a seal? Or must you join the navy and wait til boot camp is over to apply to be a seal? Be more specific.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rickykline
So can you go from a civilian to a seal? Or must you join the navy and wait til boot camp is over to apply to be a seal? Be more specific.
Yeah, I did.

Quick Reply: Navy S.E.A.L. (now hiring)