most annoying cars that try and test you on the rd

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that we are on the subject of trucks, I do have a question. What is with all of these people that buy a single cab truck, lower it, and then put some stupid performance truck club sticker on the back window and then act like it is a Corvette? These guys are all over the place. It's like an epidemic. They do it with four door trucks as well, and then add blue headlights and don't forget the special license plate neon light looking thing. Are they doing any engine work, or is just looks? These guys also seem to be wrecking left and right. Anyways they really annoy me, just because they all look alike and they flood the parking lot when I go to Bayou City Wings or Wings N More on a Tuesday.

On another note; I also can't stand those Enzo jerks that try and race me every time I am in my Aveo. I always have to hit the Super Pursuit Button and put them in their place. They never seem to realize that I have the fastest car on Earth and that it is just silly for them to ever attempt to race my superior vehicle. Thread summarized.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

VW Thing owners!

Always starting ****! *******!

LOL at the rcsb comments above. So true!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 AM
On The Tree

Dbags and tools in there ******* silly ricers thinking its fast and the furious, looking at me and revving...
Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Ricers are a dying breed out here. The most annoying thing we have are the truck guys with way way way to loud exhausts.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Late 80's early 90's swb chevy trucks. Just because its a 350 with glasspacks doesnt make it fast my friend.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Had a few guys in caprices and monte carlos mess with me. Basically a dumb *** with a 305 and dumped exhaust, "My **** runs like a beast". WTF There like 150/180 HP If I remember. GTFO. Not even worth my time.

Did show my *** one day from a stop light and a kid in an eclipse thought I was trying to race him, when he caught up a couple lights down he said "Dude that wasn't even fair".
I wasn't trying to race him but at least the kid wasn't stupid. Thumbs up the to random guy, wish more kids out there were this smart.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Late 80's early 90's swb chevy trucks. Just because its a 350 with glasspacks doesnt make it fast my friend.
HAHA I forgot about those Dbags....I like it when its a New RC Truck with Crank windows and base V6 but they have those big 20's or bigger and drive around like its a race truck with the factory bicycle brakes having to stop those mammoth rims.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

had a '02 somethin toyota celica with 3 inch DUAL exhaust and the factory huge *** wing try to race me on my way to work. first off, im going to my job, you are prob off to summer school, not to better yourself, but bc you fail at life. and two, i could start in third gear and beat you to 60. stop it. i want donuts.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tmac2419
had a '02 somethin toyota celica with 3 inch DUAL exhaust and the factory huge *** wing try to race me on my way to work. first off, im going to my job, you are prob off to summer school, not to better yourself, but bc you fail at life. and two, i could start in third gear and beat you to 60. stop it. i want donuts.
LMAO dude, that was awesome.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Anyone been to Royal Purple Raceway (hrp) lately?
Trucks are definitely the new ricers. Between the trucks, ricers and lid/cutout ls1's, there's barely any time for the good cars to run.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Anyone been to Royal Purple Raceway (hrp) lately?
Trucks are definitely the new ricers. Between the trucks, ricers and lid/cutout ls1's, there's barely any time for the good cars to run.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Most people don't know what a CTS-"V" is. So I don't get very many challenges until they hear my exhaust as I pull away from the light. Since I've had the car (bought Oct 2010), I've had exactly 3 attempts at racing; one newer Subbie WRX hatch, one older Subbie Legacy (which was surprisingly fast) and a Non Turbo Supra. I used to have more people rev at me in my old Sentra SER Spec V. -_-
Old 05-27-2011, 07:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Ross, doesn't this thread make you want to jump in the diesel and go fog out some f-bodies? haha
Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by romulo13
Now that we are on the subject of trucks, I do have a question. What is with all of these people that buy a single cab truck, lower it, and then put some stupid performance truck club sticker on the back window and then act like it is a Corvette? These guys are all over the place. It's like an epidemic. They do it with four door trucks as well, and then add blue headlights and don't forget the special license plate neon light looking thing. Are they doing any engine work, or is just looks? These guys also seem to be wrecking left and right. Anyways they really annoy me, just because they all look alike and they flood the parking lot when I go to Bayou City Wings or Wings N More on a Tuesday.

On another note; I also can't stand those Enzo jerks that try and race me every time I am in my Aveo. I always have to hit the Super Pursuit Button and put them in their place. They never seem to realize that I have the fastest car on Earth and that it is just silly for them to ever attempt to race my superior vehicle. Thread summarized.
My guess on the trucks would be the huge push that they had a few years ago with the Cash for Clunker phase. A bunch of truck inventory got moved and I think a bit of those are starting to hit the secondary market with people either trading up/defaulting/buying used.

Its just the mini-trucker phase all over again. That's all. Sad thing is that I myself am thinking of getting ahold of one of those and doing the exact same thing. Can't beat a Chevrolet tree-fity.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the answer.....It's You....or guys like you who actually think this way. Maybe its because you are only 19 or 20 years old.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ekshail
Most people don't know what a CTS-"V" is. So I don't get very many challenges until they hear my exhaust as I pull away from the light. Since I've had the car (bought Oct 2010), I've had exactly 3 attempts at racing; one newer Subbie WRX hatch, one older Subbie Legacy (which was surprisingly fast) and a Non Turbo Supra. I used to have more people rev at me in my old Sentra SER Spec V. -_-
yes sir. but its not their fault. every time i see a regular cts, its one of two kinds of people. old and/or black. old people dont wanna race anything. and the black people ive seen have either left it the way it was or put on rims that cant be raced on . its a cheap luxury car.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Hey Ross, doesn't this thread make you want to jump in the diesel and go fog out some f-bodies? haha
It kind of does actually. lol

Maybe I'll video it.

Last edited by -Ross-; 05-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Teching In

C5s, M3s, 2nd Gen Vipers....
Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live two houses down from a very busy 4 way stop. In the past two years my Vette has been in some stage of disassembly most of the time. I work on it pretty much every day a little at a time. You can guarantee that at least once a day someone will stop there look over and see me working on my car and rev their junk and peel out from the stop sing.
What does that prove?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LSCha0s
I live two houses down from a very busy 4 way stop. In the past two years my Vette has been in some stage of disassembly most of the time. I work on it pretty much every day a little at a time. You can guarantee that at least once a day someone will stop there look over and see me working on my car and rev their junk and peel out from the stop sing.
What does that prove?
Their's is running...just messin with ya

Quick Reply: most annoying cars that try and test you on the rd