Places near mckinney to sell NASCAR autographed diecasts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Places near mckinney to sell NASCAR autographed diecasts?

I got 2 autographed diecast NASCAR cars im wanting tosell, one is autographed by Richard Petty and the other one is Darrell Waltrip. Either anyone here interested in either of them or know of any hobby shops that may purchase them and not offer me 10 bucks for them?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think ebay or CL will be your best bet.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can prove their authenticity one of the sports shops around here will give you decent cash. It wont be what they are worth because they have to make money, but something. I've dealt with a place in grapevine mills mall a few times, and I got some fair trades/cash for my items.

Ebay and craigslist aren't worth dealing with the hassle, IMO. I hate dealing with the people. All the non paying winners on ebay, and the idiots from craigslist that show up and want whatever you're selling for free. No thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

What would you want for the petty one? What size is it? What kind of COA does it have?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

To each their own, but you will lose taking it to a place as you described...CL is free, no pay no play! There are people on CL that will and do buy ****. I have, plenty of times!

I say this from experience. My dad have a **** ton of NASCAR **** that I helped him sell. He was able to get top dollar online rather than the douches at the sports places.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Teching In

I'm probably just gonna try craigslist and see what happens from that, I dont HAVE to sell em but alittle extra money for my car would be nice.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Not sure what you are looking to get for them, but dont expect alot as in hundreds. You can get RP's autographed items with COA's cheap on ebay. He actually signs alot.

BTW, I grew up a Richard, Kyle, and Adam fan.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

@texasglock I will happily lose a little cash dealing with the shops. You don't need to lose your shirt, if what you have is desirable and you know what you have they can't rip you off. All you say is no. I prefer that short trip or phonecall over the waiting around for the idiots on craigslist that either never show or lowball the living crap out of you. Or better yet the ones you meet somewhere neutral with cash in hand that never show.

I've never really sold a collectible I've lost money on anyway, but don't mind getting less tthan retail if its a quick and hassle free sale.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
@texasglock I will happily lose a little cash dealing with the shops. You don't need to lose your shirt, if what you have is desirable and you know what you have they can't rip you off. All you say is no. I prefer that short trip or phonecall over the waiting around for the idiots on craigslist that either never show or lowball the living crap out of you. Or better yet the ones you meet somewhere neutral with cash in hand that never show.

I've never really sold a collectible I've lost money on anyway, but don't mind getting less tthan retail if its a quick and hassle free sale.
Your logic is flawed...you say you will loose some with shops...but not CL. You can easily say no to a lowballer and keep your ad listed until they sell.

To the OP, I am giving my experience and opinion.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's flawed about my logic? Im simply willing to bite the bullet and take a little less on a quick, hassle free sale. My time is worth alot to me, I don't like having to deal with all the phonecalls, emails, visits and time that CL takes up. Especially since everyone that uses CL is an expert negotiator, aka lowballer. Basically, if an item I have is "worth" $200 and I can sell it to a shop for $150 without wasting any time, its much better than me listing it on CL and dealing with people for 2+ weeks and only selling it for 150-175 anyway. You will almost never get what you want for anything on craigslist or ebay.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Then take business classes, learn to weed out the idiots, and profit. I really don't know what else to tell ya!

It doesn't take much time to answer an email or phonecall. You are on a car forum searching threads...just saying. I'm a man who is all about making money, I would rather spend a few minutes returning an email or phonecall if there is a chance I'll get my asking price. It really isn't that hard of a job to sell things online.

No need to get your feathers ruffled, I am just trying to help the OP. As I stated, I've helped my father sell his collectibles.