Need some info from a cop or someone who knows

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info from a cop or someone who knows

This morning I'm driving Down 242 when a white dodge truck gets right on my *** and then jumps out to go around me.( I'm already going 70 in a 60) so I'm like f this a hole and floor it not letting him around and we get up to about 95 and he is still riding my tail closely so I slow down and decide to let him pass. He goes around there is a red light ahead which us green and he stops anyway and out comes a cop in uniform and gun and all( I'm like FACK).

Well then I pull up and he demands my license while telling me I thought I was slick huh and what I did was a class a misdemeanor and that he was in a hurry to get somewhere and had to let someone else take the call and he outta take me to jail and so on, I give him my license he goes to his truck for 30 secs, comes back hands my dl back and says I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU...

So what I want to know is can he do anything about this ir was he trying to scare me or WTF
Old 06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

I bet he is just trying to scare you
Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

From a cop.......You were being an *******!!!!And he can and should follow up with charges..Why can't people drive thier own cars and worry about themselves rather than worrying about how someone elseis driving???DRIVE DEFENSIVELY INSTEAD OF OFFENSIVLY!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

The only reason I even gave him a second thought was because he got so close up on my ***.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
From a cop.......You were being an *******!!!!And he can and should follow up with charges..Why can't people drive thier own cars and worry about themselves rather than worrying about how someone elseis driving???DRIVE DEFENSIVELY INSTEAD OF OFFENSIVLY!!!!
This is true but...

Originally Posted by stewdy1
The only reason I even gave him a second thought was because he got so close up on my ***.

cant say i wouldnt of done the same thing if i was in the same situation.
Shouldnt of given him your DL i've had a cop try and pull me over while off duty. I just ignored him, even more so because i knew i didnt do anything wrong.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I slow down 5mph for every 10sec some ******* rides my ***. 99% of the time, they'll get the hint after about 30 sec and will back off. AND, yes, I've even slowed all the way down to 10mph for several miles before the stupid redneck finally got a clue. That way, I'm being just as much of an ******* back and NOT breaking the law. If I get pulled over, I can simply say I was slowing down to let another vehicle pass...
Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Teching In

never refuse to give a police officer in full uniform your DL. you can go to jail for that.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An officer is still an officer 24hrs a days whether on duty or off. If he wasn't in a car and didn't turn the lights on then you had no idea of knowing. I assume he is messing with you to a point.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VinR1
I slow down 5mph for every 10sec some ******* rides my ***. 99% of the time, they'll get the hint after about 30 sec and will back off. AND, yes, I've even slowed all the way down to 10mph for several miles before the stupid redneck finally got a clue. That way, I'm being just as much of an ******* back and NOT breaking the law. If I get pulled over, I can simply say I was slowing down to let another vehicle pass...
driving 40mph under the speed limit is still ticket-able,.

depends on what kind of mood I am i, and the actual situation given , but i have slowed down and also speed up like you did in similar situations.

If they a
Old 06-18-2011, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Plain and simple, both of you were in the wrong. You'll prolly never hear anything from this again. Don't sweat it, he was jus showin you up.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
Because people get out on the roads and drive like ******* ********, and I personally, like a lot of other people out there that are simply just trying to get somewhere with no drama, am sick of it. Scott, no offense to you, but it pisses me off even more when a police officer, who is SUPPOSED to be setting an example for everyone else and should rightfully be held to a higher standard, thinks he can get out and drive like a total douchebag just because he's a cop. It's bullshit

Originally Posted by stewdy1
And you were right. BUT, I never speed up not to let anyone pass. That **** is dangerous bro. And cop or not, if he had of been killed, it would be on your conscience. That's not to say that I wouldn't have shot the rod out the window out him as he went by

Originally Posted by VinR1
I do this lol. I don't slow down that far though. I'll hit about 50 and watch them beat on their steering wheel behind me LOL

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
An officer is still an officer 24hrs a days whether on duty or off. If he wasn't in a car and didn't turn the lights on then you had no idea of knowing. I assume he is messing with you to a point.
I'm sure that's the law, and I'll respect someone in uniform, but some plain clothes Rambo that's just out on his day off and wants to get all Farva on me can kiss my ******* dick. As far as I'm concerned, anybody can say they're a cop, anybody can flash a fake badge, and anyone not in uniform is likely to get shot the rod by me as well.

This INCLUDES that jackass in plain clothes and his personal vehicle that pulled over that guy on here with the black SS a while back for street racing and held him. I would have just drove off on him with a finger in the air
Old 06-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

About what time was it? Was the donut shop about to close? Why did you even stop? (just kidding)

In all seriousness. If he was off duty, then what evidence does he have except for his word against yours?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pete137
About what time was it? Was the donut shop about to close? Why did you even stop? (just kidding)

In all seriousness. If he was off duty, then what evidence does he have except for his word against yours?
I would imagine that a cop's word holds up in court the same whether or not he was on duty
Old 06-18-2011, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

he's just mad cuz he couldnt pass you. no ticket= no problem
Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
I would imagine that a cop's word holds up in court the same whether or not he was on duty
I could be wrong, I'm not a cop or lawyer. My point is, if he was in his personal vehicle with no dash cam or radar and has no other witness, I don't see how the OP could be convicted of the crime unless he admits guilt.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:36 PM
9 Second Club

i brake check cops if they are riding my @$$, when they pull me over and ask what was i thinking? i tell them i saw a cat/skunk/dog/whatever kind of marmot you can think of at the time, on the road. and when they say "i didnt see a ________." you say, "if you werent riding my *** so close, may be you would of been able too."
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Were you in the fast lane (left lane on the road)?

Last edited by OneBadZ0Sick; 06-18-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by v8sten
i brake check cops if they are riding my @$$, when they pull me over and ask what was i thinking? i tell them i saw a cat/skunk/dog/whatever kind of marmot you can think of at the time, on the road. and when they say "i didnt see a ________." you say, "if you werent riding my *** so close, may be you would of been able too."
You do not even have to give them an excuse. In drivers ed. they will tell you to do that, as well it is on the test. When someone is that close, you have every right to smack the brakes a little.

As far as the OP goes, yea, you were in the wrong and right. But I wouldnt of stopped. Should of went around him when you had that chance. And then you could of given him the excuse after a couple of cops pulled you over is that you didnt know who or what they were going to do. Thats on them.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OneBadZ0Sick
Were you in the fast lane (right lane on the road)?
You mean the left lane? The left lane is the passing lane, not the "fast" lane.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Morbid
You mean the left lane? The left lane is the passing lane, not the "fast" lane.
Haha yes, but the left lane is for passing for faster traffic aka the "fast" lane.