ws6 or 03 cobra???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the only one that has backed up what I am saying by telling you why it happens. I can't believe anyone would even attempt to argue that an ls motor is less reliable than a mod motor or even comparable. Don't take my word, do your own research. Ask your machinist.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Top
I'm the only one that has backed up what I am saying by telling you why it happens. I can't believe anyone would even attempt to argue that an ls motor is less reliable than a mod motor or even comparable. Don't take my word, do your own research. Ask your machinist.
You do know that mod motors come in more vehicles than mustangs, right? Some of those Fords go forever. Please, don't be stupid.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You haven't backed anything up, you just keep posting internet articles. The people who disagree with you have owned what your bashing, that's more proof than you have. Just to clear it up 9 times out of 10 a lower compression smaller motor is going to outlast a bigger higher compression motor, Don't need a machine shop to tell me that one.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Well I guess you guys are too arrogant to learn anything.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:58 PM
LS7 Member

My machinist said your machinist is clueless

/thread
Old 07-04-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I guess you guys are too arrogant to learn anything.
whats there to learn? You have only owned one of the said cars while everyone else has owned both. You need to own something other than a GM, so that you have evidence to backup your argument.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Like I said, even if I did own a mod motor that didn't use any oil, and an ls1 that did, that wouldn't be the norm. What difference does owning one make when you obviously have no idea what is going on in there?

And idk what y'all are considering using oil, but 1/2 quart to a quart in 3k is normal. Not all cars will, but it's not uncommon for any car to use that. Even a new one.

A lower compression smaller engine will last longer? Not if it keeps popping spark lugs out the heads.

Someone please disprove one of my actual issues with the motor, rather than saying 'are you retarded, or 'time to shut up.'

A- they have only 4 sparkplug threads

B- the fix for issue A causes aluminum shavings to ENTER YOUR CYLINDERS and it is not uncommon for the sleeve to come out with the plug when you change the plugs which can be a vicious cycle

C- they use oil more often, particularly in city driving, due to low tension oil rings

D- when they get hot, due to any common problem such as a bad water pump, it warps the cam housing bore which ads tension to your cam. This is due to the overhead cams.

E- They are slower.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

E- They are slower.
Want to race? $$$
Old 07-04-2011, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

If you're stock then hell yea I'll race. I'm stock. And that's what we are talking about here. The engines that the motor companies made.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're stock then hell yea I'll race. I'm stock. And that's what we are talking about here. The engines that the motor companies made.
So are you looking to race your stock 98-02 f body to a stock 03-04 cobra? I don't see what that is going to prove in your arguments. And if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the fastest stock 03-04 cobra, ran a faster time than the fastest stock 98-02 f body.

If I'm misinformed somebody please correct me, I've been known to have been wrong before.

What do you drive by the way?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Oh no, this thread got way off topic. But comparing an f body to a cobra wouldn't be the right comparison. Ls1 f body to gt, or vette to cobra. That would be the fair comparison. All cars being stock.

No one wants to disprove my issues above?
Old 07-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Like I said, even if I did own a mod motor that didn't use any oil, and an ls1 that did, that wouldn't be the norm. What difference does owning one make when you obviously have no idea what is going on in there? - show us your proof where this would or would not be the norm, please. all you have stated or proved is that you have an opinion and that you think you know all about these motors because your daddy told you that you were stupid for wanting a gt and that you can read an article on the internet.

And idk what y'all are considering using oil, but 1/2 quart to a quart in 3k is normal. Not all cars will, but it's not uncommon for any car to use that. Even a new one. it may or may not be uncommon but the fact is i add oil to every one of my ls motors (2 stock cubed and 1 built motor) between oil changes, but ouf of the 4 mod motor cars ive had i have added 0 quarts. prove to us before you say you proved something already.

A lower compression smaller engine will last longer? Not if it keeps popping spark lugs out the heads. a few cars had this problem but not every single one.. i had 2 03 (pre-fix dohc cars) and neither car ever popped a plug out.. neither did my sohc cars... i know for a fact that 2 of my old mod motor cars are 100k to 175k miles on them and still have not popped a plug nor do they need ANY oil addded between oil changes.

Someone please disprove one of my actual issues with the motor, rather than saying 'are you retarded, or 'time to shut up.' please feel free to prove your actual issue.. and please dont say oh well they have 4 sparkplug threads... there are a few instances where it was a problem but there are just as many instances where it was not a problem.

A- they have only 4 sparkplug threads good observation

B- the fix for issue A causes aluminum shavings to ENTER YOUR CYLINDERS and it is not uncommon for the sleeve to come out with the plug when you change the plugs which can be a vicious cycle the fix was new heads with 9 threads... how does that fix cause shavings to enter the cylinders...

C- they use oil more often, particularly in city driving, due to low tension oil rings prove to us once and for all that this is the case... prove to us that mod motors burn more oil then an ls motor. (daddy's opinion does not count)

D- when they get hot, due to any common problem such as a bad water pump, it warps the cam housing bore which ads tension to your cam. This is due to the overhead cams. so another common problem on a mod motor is a bad water pump?? please tell us other common problems, if you or your daddy can think of any more. im sure we would all love to hear this

E- They are slower. - your genious, vote T-Top for president
Old 07-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Oh no, this thread got way off topic. But comparing an f body to a cobra wouldn't be the right comparison. Ls1 f body to gt, or vette to cobra. That would be the fair comparison. All cars being stock.

No one wants to disprove my issues above?
why cant you compare a 03/04 cobra to an fbody, they all cost around 35k new.. (i'd compare an ls1 vette to a cobra to that would not hurt my feelings either)... as far as performance the z06 would out perform the cobra, we all know that.. but then again a z ran for 50-60k also. hell the ls1 vettes were prolly 10-15k more then a cobra also.

as far as your issues, please feel free to prove your issue first
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're truly stock then take it to the track against a stock termi, I dare you to launch it Lets see if you can even make it past the 60 ft mark.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
8 Second Club

Wow T-Top is an idiot... Really no more to say than that...
Old 07-04-2011, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Water pump was meant to be w common problem for any car to get hot. I don't have time to read the rest right now. I'll post later
Old 07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
8 Second Club

It's funny I had a two 98 Cobra's with no issues with the DOHC like this. _Zac on here has 100k miles on his 03 with none of these problems...
Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ragu1585
why cant you compare a 03/04 cobra to an fbody, they all cost around 35k new.. (i'd compare an ls1 vette to a cobra to that would not hurt my feelings either)... as far as performance the z06 would out perform the cobra, we all know that.. but then again a z ran for 50-60k also. hell the ls1 vettes were prolly 10-15k more then a cobra also.

as far as your issues, please feel free to prove your issue first
X2...We all know what cars we are comparing, this isn't a pissing match of what car is faster, and then someone trumps it with another and oh well what about this car, or this car. I'm going to compare a gt vs. Dick Harrell camaro...f body vs. cobra R...c6 vs. shelby gt500 super snake king of the road...zr1 vs. gt

WS6(98-02 F body) or 03 Cobra(03-04 Terminator)
Old 07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Wow T-Top is an idiot... Really no more to say than that...
I like the way you think, I think everyone including myself agrees with your comment.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

A- they have only 4 sparkplug threads good observation

B- the fix for issue A causes aluminum shavings to ENTER YOUR CYLINDERS and it is not uncommon for the sleeve to come out with the plug when you change the plugs which can be a vicious cycle

the fix was new heads with 9 threads... how does that fix cause shavings to enter the cylinders...

This is obviously not the fix I am talking about. But exactly what I would do if I ever did have a mustang or other mod motor car. Still, I am talking about the motor that Ford made, and the motor that chevy made. Not what you can do to fix the issues with either. Someone elso brought up the sleeve fix, which is why I addressed it.

C- they use oil more often, particularly in city driving, due to low tension oil rings prove to us once and for all that this is the case... prove to us that mod motors burn more oil then an ls motor. (daddy's opinion does not count)

You're a dumbass. You guys say to prove that a mod motor burn more oil without citing an article? I already told you WHY IT HAPPENS. What else would you like me to do? You want to meet up and dig through a mod motor together? You are ridiculous

D- when they get hot, due to any common
problem such as a bad water pump, it warps the cam housing bore which ads tension to your cam. This is due to the overhead cams. so another common problem on a mod motor is a bad water pump?? please tell us other common problems, if you or your daddy can think of any more. im sure we would all love to hear this

I addressed this earlier but will again just to keep it all together. I did not mean that the water pump is a problem with the mustang, I was using it as an example for a reason a car would get hot so that people wouldn't think I was saying they get hot easier. You probably knew that and chose to address that point anyway to divert attention away from the warped cam housing since you don't have anything to say about that. Or it could have just been a misunderstanding.
E- They are slower. - your genious, vote T-Top for president
This was meant to be a joke because it is so obvious. Also, not even really on topic since we are talking about durability.

So a good attempt. Congratulations for being the 2nd smartest person on this forum.

Last edited by T-Top; 07-04-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: ws6 or 03 cobra???