Stolen (tx): 2007 gmc sierra rcsb - red - bbs wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stolen (tx): 2007 gmc sierra rcsb - red - bbs wheels

Just goes to show you can't have anything nice in the world with out someone wanting it more than you.

6/28/11 - went to 9:20pm showing of Transformers 3 on opening night.
@ 12:03 walk out to parking lot at Cinemark in Plano, TX off Dallas North Tollway (Dallas Pkwy) to find that my truck had been stolen with 0 signs of forced entry (broken glass). I'm sure its already parted out, my LPP headers are laying on a shop floor somewhere, my BBS wheels and brand new Nitto 420s tires are stacked up waiting for some scumbag to sell for a ridiculously low amount of money. My Valentine 1 is probably in someone else's car by now, my new Garmin GPS 62s in the console is probably on craigslist by now but it doesn't matter - my insurance company will pay for all that.

What matters is the items that CANT be replaced that were in that truck. Personal things. Things given to you by family or as gifts.

Thieves get what they have coming - one way or another.

Any information pertaining to this can be reported to Plano, TX police dept. by calling:

972-941-2019
Officer J. Klodowski #1605
Report # 11-113364

RIP.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

I feel your loss, thieves deserve every misfortune that comes their way. I refuse to go to cinemark movie theaters anymore, years ago thieves broke into my old mustang at a cinemark. They would have gotten the car had I not pulled the rotor out of the distributor (habbit of mine), so they settled on stealing everything they could, stole an MSD6AL, all personal items out of the car etc. A good friend of mine had his 87 GN stolen at the same Cinemark a year later, ******* scumbags. I know this is probably an issue for many theaters, but the Cinemarks seem to be the worse from my personal experience.

I hope the cops find the culprits, but its highly unlikey, they are just inundated with this kind of ****. Hopefully your insurance company will make you whole. Did you have receipts for all the custom mods/wheels?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I feel your loss, thieves deserve every misfortune that comes their way. I refuse to go to cinemark movie theaters anymore, years ago thieves broke into my old mustang at a cinemark. They would have gotten the car had I not pulled the rotor out of the distributor (habbit of mine), so they settled on stealing everything they could, stole an MSD6AL, all personal items out of the car etc. A good friend of mine had his 87 GN stolen at the same Cinemark a year later, ******* scumbags. I know this is probably an issue for many theaters, but the Cinemarks seem to be the worse from my personal experience.

I hope the cops find the culprits, but its highly unlikey, they are just inundated with this kind of ****. Hopefully your insurance company will make you whole. Did you have receipts for all the custom mods/wheels?
I had receipts for all of it I believe so that won't be a big deal. It's just the pain, the hassle, the violation that I feel.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I feel your pain. Last winter some scumbag knocked the drivers side window out of my wifes prelude in our apartment lot and stole a number of personal items, the spare key to our apartment (dumb on our part, i know), and the cd player, then trashed the rest of the interior and keyed the outside. It cost state farm a little over $4k to fix everything. Ill be on an eye out for parts in case any of it makes its way up i35. Stolen parts seem to have a way of doing that lately.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Damn that is a clean truck - Sorry to hear
Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

With Transformers opening this week, I wouldn't be surprised about thieves casing the movie lots more because of it. They know that auto enthusiasts will show up more often, and bring some nice hardware with them. Something to think about!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
With Transformers opening this week, I wouldn't be surprised about thieves casing the movie lots more because of it. They know that auto enthusiasts will show up more often, and bring some nice hardware with them. Something to think about!
Agreed. Mine transformed into nothing.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Thats why were taking my wifes xterra instead of the SS.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

DAMN! You Dallas guys are having a bad streak of car thieves!

Not be a cynic but I hope they stay there. REALLY.

If they do decide to steal one of my cars, I hope they take the 2011 SS. I have Gap insurance.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Teching In

CLEAN AND VERY NICE TRUCK! Sorry for your loss man. Working for an insurance company we are seeing a lot of stolen vehicles. I do hope your insurance company will take good care of you.

Just a warning out to everyone. Chevy and GMC fullsize trucks are very HOT right now. They are keeping away from the Fords except for the Rangers. Take extra precaution on protecting your vehicles. I know with the heat and all we tend to crack the windows, and just makes it easier to get in. Just an FYI.

Hope they find it.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by my99blue
CLEAN AND VERY NICE TRUCK! Sorry for your loss man. Working for an insurance company we are seeing a lot of stolen vehicles. I do hope your insurance company will take good care of you.

Just a warning out to everyone. Chevy and GMC fullsize trucks are very HOT right now. They are keeping away from the Fords except for the Rangers. Take extra precaution on protecting your vehicles. I know with the heat and all we tend to crack the windows, and just makes it easier to get in. Just an FYI.

Hope they find it.
The more I think about it, the more I lean to someone towing it. My windows were up. They're either up or down - never cracked.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How many of your vehicles have been stolen now?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
How many of your vehicles have been stolen now?
two. with over 7 years apart from one another.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:07 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear, that was one clean truck! I will keep my eye out on this side.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
Sorry to hear, that was one clean truck! I will keep my eye out on this side.
Thanks Dana.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
The more I think about it, the more I lean to someone towing it. My windows were up. They're either up or down - never cracked.
It is very simple and very fast to get into any fullsize GM truck/SUV, even the newer ones. They broke into my '07 Escalade with a simple small flathead screwdriver under the door handle. Barely left a mark. GM sucks when it comes to designing locks on their trucks, and the plastic door handles are easy to defeat.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is very simple and very fast to get into any fullsize GM truck/SUV, even the newer ones. They broke into my '07 Escalade with a simple small flathead screwdriver under the door handle. Barely left a mark. GM sucks when it comes to designing locks on their trucks, and the plastic door handles are easy to defeat.
fords are no better, buy a 50k dollar powerstroke and you can have the same **** happen!!!! it has been that way since the 2000 models .

back when they broke into mine, i'm glad all those ******* stole was almost 6k worth of work related equipment (was in pelican boxes and just took it) even though they won't be able to sell/pawn the stuff.

Quick Reply: Stolen (tx): 2007 gmc sierra rcsb - red - bbs wheels