new to midland area

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new to midland area

I just moved here monday and thought I'd see if there's any members here. I've only had one day to cruise since I've been here and saw a couple healthy sounding trans ams, a bad *** looking grand national, and a s*** load of new camaros! Oh and I actually got to run a new 5.0! Not sure if it was modded but I pulled it from 60-100+? and 20-80 or so. Only pulled a car or 2 each time. The car was red with a decal on the windshield. The owner seemed like a cool Guy and we talked a minute but my girlfriend was following me in her truck and wasn't too happy about the detour. I drive a bom 06 gto m6 with full bolt-ons and a cam. Sorry for long post its just boring out here in the job trailer. Anyway it'd be cool to meet some other car guys and maybe go cruising.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Only track there Is desert thunder now. Its a 1/8 mile. I was n Odessa which is 20 miles away. Most people cruise the sonic on weekends on Andrews hwy in Odessa. Look up Antonio84 and rabbiddog. They are in that area. So was bain for a few months.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Here but the car is on the lift. Hope to get it off the lift as soon as I get home. 9" and BMR package is almost fully installed.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Cool I might have to make the trip to Odessa if I ever get some time off. I was actually born there and grew up in Kermit. But we moved to Kerrville when I was pretty young and don't remember much about this place.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

What do u do for a livin
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tillery
Only track there Is desert thunder now. Its a 1/8 mile. I was n Odessa which is 20 miles away. Most people cruise the sonic on weekends on Andrews hwy in Odessa. Look up Antonio84 and rabbiddog. They are in that area. So was bain for a few months.
Thats awsome, I used to cruse the sonic there, glad to see that is still the local place to go. I worked at the Blockbuster across the street from it after I Grad. from Lee. Do you still go to the Hastings and then back to the other main road and back to Andrews Highway? More like a triangle drag there. Then hit the 250 loop for a race.... but send a scout first, for cops in the median.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn i miss tx, i'll be backhome in a month or so!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texas-Firehawk
Thats awsome, I used to cruse the sonic there, glad to see that is still the local place to go. I worked at the Blockbuster across the street from it after I Grad. from Lee. Do you still go to the Hastings and then back to the other main road and back to Andrews Highway? More like a triangle drag there. Then hit the 250 loop for a race.... but send a scout first, for cops in the median.
Yeah Hastings is still there on Cuthbert. Every now and then we cruise up to the sonic and hang out there but due to a few acidents in the past its a bad idea to get on the throttle anywhere on Midkiff now days.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cornbread23
Cool I might have to make the trip to Odessa if I ever get some time off. I was actually born there and grew up in Kermit. But we moved to Kerrville when I was pretty young and don't remember much about this place.
I live in Midland and Tillery is a traitor that moved north on us to the Dallas/Ft Worth area I think.

Antonio84 I think also lives in Midland but I haven't met him yet.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by derrickman05
What do u do for a livin
I was an electrician in Kerrville for 6 years now I do flow back and well testing. My brother just started in November and is making triple what I did so I moved down here. If everything works out my car should be a BEAST by this time next year
Old 07-24-2011, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

LMOA!! yea I had to leave for a little bit. Messy divorce and management at Boots&Coots (halliburton ) screwed me over. I work for bobcat in Decatur now but I will be back. I personally like it out there.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Teching In

I am in Midland as well. Sold the T/A in my sig 2 years ago (I know i need to update my sig) but I just recently bought a Fox Body and will be driving it back home soon. Will be out and about in about 2 weeks.

BTW, I think my old T/A is for sale at a local corner car lot in Odessa. I haven't stopped by there to check it out and see what they are asking, but it was nice when I had it.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

LMOA!! yea I had to leave for a little bit. Messy divorce and management at Boots&Coots (halliburton ) screwed me over. I work for bobcat in Decatur now but I will be back. I personally like it out there.
I understand bud. Bobcats a good company to work for. I am sure they will bring you back eventually if you want to come back to West Texas.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Working flowback huh? Who with? Would definitely run across you then. I work coil tubing and Well control. And yes bobcat is better on so much. Rumor is boots&coots bringing their own flowback out there soon. And possibly coil tools. West Texas is busy still thank God. The barnnett shale is still difficult for some to drill vertical. Its slowly picking up here. But I hate the traffic.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Teching In

rowdyrides.com is a local site for midland/odessa area. Check it out to meet some guys. I have been gone from odessa for 11 years now but still have friend and family there.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Working flowback huh? Who with? Would definitely run across you then. I work coil tubing and Well control. And yes bobcat is better on so much. Rumor is boots&coots bringing their own flowback out there soon. And possibly coil tools. West Texas is busy still thank God. The barnnett shale is still difficult for some to drill vertical. Its slowly picking up here. But I hate the traffic.
I work for 3D. I'm completely new to the oil business and still have a LOT to learn! And ill check out the rowdyrides site thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Hello and welcome to midland, nothing ever happens here so me and some friends hit up odessa every other weekend.

Tillery hopefully u will be back soon I want a crack at t blue ta

Rabiddog im still here in midland hopefully will have a chance to meet one day.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

not in Midland, but in Abilene. We have a local racing forum/club out here. and we are always looking for more people to have city meets and "grudge" races. if you want to check it out, the site is AFR. it mainly have mustangs and imports. but there is a hand full of LSx cars on there.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by antonio84
Hello and welcome to midland, nothing ever happens here so me and some friends hit up odessa every other weekend.
Thanks for the welcome hopefully ill see some of yall around sometime. I ill have to make the cruise to Odessa once I get settled in and get a little time off.

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
not in Midland, but in Abilene. We have a local racing forum/club out here. and we are always looking for more people to have city meets and "grudge" races. if you want to check it out, the site is AFR. it mainly have mustangs and imports. but there is a hand full of LSx cars on there.
Cool ill check out the site. How far is Abilene from Midland ?
Old 07-25-2011, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=cornbread23;15193754]Thanks for the welcome hopefully ill see some of yall around sometime. I ill have to make the cruise to Odessa once I get settled in and get a little time.

Cool, well I drive a blue convertible T/A with a tan top ( the loud one lol) when ever u c me dont b afraid to say wass up.