If you love America you will like this

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Lol no it is not.
well then i have some waterfront property you may be interested in. it's in California...something tells me you'll fit in great there!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
well what should they take credit for? the way i see it, they are no more entitled to "take credit for" enduring enslavement and racism than i am for what my grandpa did in the war. its one thing if you personally did something, but to cite the deeds of your ancestors is ridiculous and can be likened to that one douche bag everyone knows that says " well my dad owns a car dealership."

you don't see the Jews bitching about their THOUSANDS of years of enduring anti-semitism, genocide, and enslavement. they had it real bad, and they didn't even sell themselves into slavery. yet they do not ask for reparations, blame the white man for all of their problems, or any of that crap. probably because they ( for the most part) do not currently experience these things themselves, therefore it is irrelevant-history and heritage, but nothing more.

of course there are always exceptions to the rules- im not saying all black people act this way, as i know that most do not, yet you have these liberation theologians and ******** like al sharpton who just dont get it. in like manner, im sure there are jews who have nothing better to do than bitch the holocaust and whatnot. chinese who whine about the rape of nanking, etc etc. point is, if you weren't there, dont worry about it and move on.
Amen to that

People to this day are still trying or wanting to wipe out the Jewish people...Iran, Palestine, and almost every other country in the middle east. What countries do u sleepy know of that want to wipe out the african people today? maybe pockets of wacked out white people but they are most likely less then 5% of the US population. I say people need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and look around and see how bad other people have had it through history.

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 09-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LEO
I don't have a problem with Mexican pride, but if you live here, make your money here and live under the safety of this country, you need to show your respect and allegiance to the United States.
AMERICA!!.....**** YEAH!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

see what you started (bucknotz) lol...
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
9 Second Club

you don't see the Jews bitching about their THOUSANDS of years of enduring anti-semitism, genocide, and enslavement. they had it real bad, and they didn't even sell themselves into slavery. yet they do not ask for reparations, blame the white man for all of their problems, or any of that crap. probably because they ( for the most part) do not currently experience these things themselves, therefore it is irrelevant-history and heritage, but nothing more.
I'll bite; obviously you don't know history. The Holocaust lasted 10 years, They were paid reparations (they were paid $822 million starting in 1952), and they had a museum built for them in the USA (Jewish Holocaust Museum was built in DC costing more than $168 million. USA Congress authorized a memorial in 1980 as well) to acknowledge their pain and suffering. Maybe that's why you don't see them "bitching," as you put it. Matter of fact, in 1990 the USA paid Japanese Americans $1.2 Billion for the concentration camps that they had here. But yet you have the audacity to talk to me about "blacks?" ******* Idiot!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Ravenous T\A;15343374]Amen to that

People to this day are still trying or wanting to wipe out the Jewish people...Iran, Palestine, and almost every other country in the middle east. What countries do u know of that want to wipe out the african people today? maybe pockets of wacked out white people but they are most likely less then 5% of the US population. I say people need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and look around and see how bad other people have had it through history.[/QUOTE

to answer your question, its other Africans that want to wipe out the African population. they've always been fighting eachother, selling POW's into slavery, or in the case of Rwanda just plain slaughtering each other. this is not unlike the period leading up to the thirty years war, and if things work out the way some historians and political scientists think/hope they will, Africa will see a series of major changes leading to a more civilized and hopefully more stable and peaceful era for the continent, just like Europe.

as far as African Americans go, yeah not too many people call for the death of the race, not publicly anyway. sure you have groups like the kkk, but they hate just about everyone, including catholics
Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=Jake_the_Snake;15343491]
Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Amen to that

People to this day are still trying or wanting to wipe out the Jewish people...Iran, Palestine, and almost every other country in the middle east. What countries do u know of that want to wipe out the african people today? maybe pockets of wacked out white people but they are most likely less then 5% of the US population. I say people need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and look around and see how bad other people have had it through history.[/QUOTE

to answer your question, its other Africans that want to wipe out the African population. they've always been fighting eachother, selling POW's into slavery, or in the case of Rwanda just plain slaughtering each other. this is not unlike the period leading up to the thirty years war, and if things work out the way some historians and political scientists think/hope they will, Africa will see a series of major changes leading to a more civilized and hopefully more stable and peaceful era for the continent, just like Europe.

as far as African Americans go, yeah not too many people call for the death of the race, not publicly anyway. sure you have groups like the kkk, but they hate just about everyone, including catholics
sorry, the paragraph was really meant for sleepy...I reedited it
Old 09-02-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

I'll bite; obviously you don't know history. The Holocaust lasted 10 years, They were paid reparations (they were paid $822 million starting in 1952), and they had a museum built for them in the USA (Jewish Holocaust Museum was built in DC costing more than $168 million. USA Congress authorized a memorial in 1980 as well) to acknowledge their pain and suffering. Maybe that's why you don't see them "bitching," as you put it. Matter of fact, in 1990 the USA paid Japanese Americans $1.2 Billion for the concentration camps that they had here. But yet you have the audacity to talk to me about "blacks?" ******* Idiot!
The differences between those situations are quite significant.

1st the compensation paid to the Japanese-Americans was only paid to the individuals and or their families who actually were interred in camps during WWII. Slavery reparations are not targeted toward the immediate victims.

2nd the alleged descendants of slaves who are seeking such a huge subsidy are many generations removed from their ancestors who were subject to slavery in this country.

3rd and most significantly, any African American alive today who alleges economic harm as a result of slavery....whether related to a slave or not....has had the benefit of 135 years of no slavery.... and 47 years of reparations already paid in the form of job quotas, racial preferences, and race-based targets and goals since passage of the Civil Rights Act.

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 09-02-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

well i guess you could say the biggest difference between our examples is time. yes they were paid reparations, tons of museums, statues, etc.. thing is, there were and are still holocaust survivors in existence today. to the best of my knowledge, there are no surviving slaves( thirteenth amendment passed 1865, so survivors would have to be 146 assuming they were born the day before slavery was officially banned). thus, it makes no sense to pay reparations to the progeny of slaves, whereas it does make sense to pay reparations to actual holocaust survivors. in like manner, there are survivors of the japanese internment camps. i should know, as i was taught by one of them in highschool.

and yes, i have the audacity to talk to you about blacks. you're wrong, get over it

p.s. the holocaust was actually 12 years, but i was referring to the 400 something years the Jews were enslaved in Egypt, then the babylonian captivity, not to mention the anti-semitism in europe for the past 2000 years or so. perhaps you should brush up on your history

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 09-02-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No thanks.

No thanks.
The ****? No thanks to WHAT? I wasn't asking or telling you to do something

too bad, that's the way it is.
This

Lol no it is not.
Lol yes it is

Lol @ you trying to use Jews for an example. I myself am Jewish and just last week I had my holocaust survivor grandmother here in my home. I also had my great great aunt who still has her Auschwitz. What audacity you have to try to compare their suffering to yours. Slavery is bad of course, but I do not recall 6 million+ black people being slaughtered in 10, 20 or even 100 years time in the USA.

Funny thing is, none of my family has been paid any reparation money, but they aren't bitching.

And who gives a **** about the museum? Do you know how much stuff has been built in honor of black people and their heritage? The museum isn't about celebrating anything, it's a somber reminder/honor to the millions of people who lost their lives in the worst short term genocide in history, grow the **** up.

I am now convinced you are one big baby who loves bitching. Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
The differences between those situations are quite significant.

1st the compensation paid to the Japanese-Americans was only paid to the individuals and or their families who actually were interred in camps during WWII. Slavery reparations are not targeted toward the immediate victims.

2nd the alleged descendants of slaves who are seeking such a huge subsidy are many generations removed from their ancestors who were subject to slavery in this country.

3rd and most significantly, any African American alive today who alleges economic harm as a result of slavery....whether related to a slave or not....has had the benefit of 135 years of no slavery.... and 47 years of reparations already paid in the form of job quotas, racial preferences, and race-based targets and goals since passage of the Civil Rights Act.
well i guess you could say the biggest difference between our examples is time. yes they were paid reparations, tons of museums, statues, etc.. thing is, there were and are still holocaust survivors in existence today. to the best of my knowledge, there are no surviving slaves( thirteenth amendment passed 1865, so survivors would have to be 146 assuming they were born the day before slavery was officially banned). thus, it makes no sense to pay reparations to the progeny of slaves, whereas it does make sense to pay reparations to actual holocaust survivors. in like manner, there are survivors of the japanese internment camps. i should know, as i was taught by one of them in highschool.

and yes, i have the audacity to talk to you about blacks. you're wrong, get over it
These boys right here are edumacted folks, yup
Old 09-02-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

http://www.blackmuseums.org/memberli...titutional.htm
4 in Alabama (1st state on list)
and 4 in Texas.

31 Holcaust related Museums in the US (according to wiki)
71 Black History Museums in the US (according to wiki)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

p.s. the holocaust was actually 12 years, but i was referring to the 400 something years the Jews were enslaved in Egypt, then the babylonian captivity, not to mention the anti-semitism in europe for the past 2000 years or so. perhaps you should brush up on your history
Yes, there are people who are still alive who picked cotton, example being my grandmother. Which is what? FREE LABOR. Get the **** over yourself. I won't pretend to know anything about your family so don't pretend to know anything about mine.

Though slavery was "banned" the practice of it had not actually stopped completely across the country. Word did get out, but some owners chose not to inform their slaves they were free to go. Hence the reason why the civil war started. Southern "whites" wanted to maintain slavery, while northern "whites" wanted to preserve capitalism.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
http://www.blackmuseums.org/memberli...titutional.htm
4 in Alabama (1st state on list)
and 4 in Texas.

31 Holcaust related Museums in the US (according to wiki)
71 Black History Museums in the US (according to wiki)
Another dummy. You do realize Wikipedia is not a legitimate source; anyone can go on there and edit the information. That's why it is a "wiki."
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Yes, there are people who are still alive who picked cotton, example being my grandmother. Which is what? FREE LABOR. Get the **** over yourself. I won't pretend to know anything about your family so don't pretend to know anything about mine.
i think you have slavery mixed up with sharecropping....

Though slavery was "banned" the practice of it had not actually stopped completely across the country. Word did get out, but some owners chose not to inform their slaves they were free to go. Hence the reason why the civil war started. Southern "whites" wanted to maintain slavery, while northern "whites" wanted to preserve capitalism.
thats after the emancipation proclamation. a good example of this is juneteenth, celebrated here in texas. after the war, union troops were deployed to the south to enforce the freedom of slaves among other things in a period called Reconstruction. its true that many slaves were not informed of their freedom, but this did not last very long as they were soon told in accordance with federal law under pain of punishment from the military. the civil war actually started before the emancipation proclamation and the thirteenth amendment.

slavery was not the end, but rather the means of the southern economy. it was about the preservation of a certain economic system dependent on slaves. people didnt want slaves for the sake of slaves, they needed them to tend their fields, and in most cases slavery was considered a necessary evil rather than something they enjoyed. its not like they collected them like pokemon cards and traded them around for fun.

also, it was not about slavery vs capitalism, but rather agriculture vs industrialism. yankees had slaves too, and many were just as racist as their southern counterparts. the whole reason behind lincoln freeing the slaves was not for freedom's sake, but rather to destroy the southern economies so as to end the war in a more timely manner....

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 09-02-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

he just wants a huge museums lol
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Teching In

well my first post went to **** real quick. wasnt meant to start a debate, more like make people be laugh
Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
AMERICA!!.....**** YEAH!!!
this thread is interesting.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
9 Second Club

i think you have slavery mixed up with sharecropping....

thats after the emancipation proclamation. a good example of this is juneteenth, celebrated here in texas. after the war, union troops were deployed to the south to enforce the freedom of slaves among other things in a period called Reconstruction. its true that many slaves were not informed of their freedom, but this did not last very long as they were soon told in accordance with federal law under pain of punishment from the military. the civil war actually started before the emancipation proclamation and the thirteenth amendment.

slavery was not the end, but rather the means of the southern economy. it was about the preservation of a certain economic system dependent on slaves. people didnt want slaves for the sake of slaves, they needed them to tend their fields, and in most cases slavery was considered a necessary evil rather than something they enjoyed. its not like they collected them like pokemon cards and traded them around for fun.

also, it was not about slavery vs capitalism, but rather agriculture vs industrialism. yankees had slaves too, and many were just as racist as their southern counterparts. the whole reason behind lincoln freeing the slaves was not for freedom's sake, but rather to destroy the southern economies so as to end the war in a more timely manner....
We basically said the same thing with a few differences; you just buttered it up and basically lied. I would like to see a source as to where you are getting this information from. The civil war was started AFTER slavery. Lincoln "freed" the slaves not because of his moral consciousness but to save the union. Hence, from physically slavery to corporate slavery.

Matter of fact, why should anyone trust any information from you? You're the same person who said the Jews didn't receive any reparations and that they've been suffering for thousands of years! LOL

Last edited by 02sleeperz28; 09-02-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In before the lock... damn kat is ******* hilarious