If you love America you will like this

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you love America you will like this

I am a new member on here, im a proud red blooded American. i thought i would share.
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...3F8rg2rB6Ep1H2

_Chris_
Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMFAO!!!!!! I ******* love Katt Williams, funniest comic performing nowadays to me. Good first post newb.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Teching In

I appreciate it man, ive been lurking around for a couple years now.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IBTL
i have a feeling this is gonna turn into another race argument. Even though i agree with what katt williams said, i hate how modern age black people take credit for their ancestors hard work and suffering to feel like they personally accomplished something for their rights. If my great grandpa fought in a revolution, i dont think itd be appropiate for my whole "people" to take credit for what he did.

Also, i hate how most americans talk **** about their own country all the time, saying our government sucks, the country is going to the gutter, load your weapons this and that, and all of a sudden they become so patriotic when mexicans feel proud of their home country.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:18 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zlow28
IBTL
i have a feeling this is gonna turn into another race argument. Even though i agree with what katt williams said, i hate how modern age black people take credit for their ancestors hard work and suffering to feel like they personally accomplished something for their rights. If my great grandpa fought in a revolution, i dont think itd be appropiate for my whole "people" to take credit for what he did.

Also, i hate how most americans talk **** about their own country all the time, saying our government sucks, the country is going to the gutter, load your weapons this and that, and all of a sudden they become so patriotic when mexicans feel proud of their home country.
Who the hell are you to say what modern "black" people should or should not take credit for? Who said it is even taking credit? Why is it not seen as the acknowledgment of the suffering and accomplishments of your ancestors? Since you are not part of that group, it shouldn't even bother you. But yet you feel the need to voice your opinion which means nothing as far as that community is concerned.

You can still love your country and be critical of it at the same time. There is always room for improvement in everything. Love is not and should not be blind. Yea, "Mexicans" show love and pride for their home country, but I'm sure there are more than a few that can tell you the messed up parts about it as well. Just like anyone here in the USA can.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

02sleeperz28, im not talking as a general perspective. The acknowledgment is there, but at around 5;45 he says "WE were slaves," So if u wanna take credit go ahead, youre right about me not being anyone to judge, so my question is what have you or katt williams done to take from Malcom X's, or Dr. MLKs, etc. credit? Slavery has passed along with (who i personally consider) its true heroes. Nowadays everyone is born with the same rights and problems wether ur black white brown red or purple. The "slavery" excuse just wont cut it, unless you really were a slave, which i really doubt.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish most of the imigrant would stay home and fixed thier own country before infilterating ours.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

I don't have a problem with Mexican pride, but if you live here, make your money here and live under the safety of this country, you need to show your respect and allegiance to the United States.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

in before the
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

its funny how Katt(pu*$@) williams only talked all his shi* just because his bodyguards are all around that guy.No body is suppose to talk about no other race like he did regardless
Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny little gay man.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club

02sleeperz28, im not talking as a general perspective. The acknowledgment is there, but at around 5;45 he says "WE were slaves," So if u wanna take credit go ahead, youre right about me not being anyone to judge, so my question is what have you or katt williams done to take from Malcom X's, or Dr. MLKs, etc. credit? Slavery has passed along with (who i personally consider) its true heroes. Nowadays everyone is born with the same rights and problems wether ur black white brown red or purple. The "slavery" excuse just wont cut it, unless you really were a slave, which i really doubt.
He is a comedian get over it already! He is talking about his ancestors not him per say. Learn what to take literal and know when to infer. For you to call slavery an excuse shows me just how ignorant and inconsiderate you are.

Obviously you are trying to turn this into a discussion about "blacks". This is about Katt Williams and his rant during one of his shows. If you have more to say to me about slavery in the Americas just pm me.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Katt Williams is crazy! FWIW he has already apologized for his comments, doubt its sincere, just damage control. Once again its another reminder of the double standard when it comes to bigotry, just look at what happened to Michael Richards career after his rant.The guy would be lucky to land a gig at Comedy Defensive Driving class now...I would say Richards rant was a a bit uglier though.

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 09-02-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

No need to PM you. We just have a different opinion, and you should really try to get used to it cus its not changing soon
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
He is a comedian get over it already! He is talking about his ancestors not him per say. Learn what to take literal and know when to infer. For you to call slavery an excuse shows me just how ignorant and inconsiderate you are.

Obviously you are trying to turn this into a discussion about "blacks". This is about Katt Williams and his rant during one of his shows. If you have more to say to me about slavery in the Americas just pm me.
No no! Keep it public

50% for amusement, 50% because both of you are making valid points that I've never even thought of before.

Tbh, this has never really been an issue for me, but after reading the other guy's post, it made me think of all the black people who would come into the restaurant that I worked at. Not a single week went by without at least 1 black person complaining that we were being racist just to get free food.

"I noticed he served the white person their drink before he refilled mine" when the policy is that if you have two tables and one of them has no drinks at all, get those to them first.

We often heard talk about slavery and other hardships black people in history had to endure and to be perfectly honest, now that I think about it, they really did make it sound like THEY were the ones who went through all of that and earned what they have. I believe in equality for all (american citizens) so I would agree they SHOULD have rights, but making it sound like they were the ones who went through so much to get where it is today is kinda... I don't know the right word.

Side story to lighten things up: A few weeks ago I was joking around with a manager during a slow part of the evening and a black lady came up to us to complain about racism. My boss and I looked at each other and But get this **** lol. She was complaining because another black lady brought her kid to the restaurant and the kid was running around and the mom hit her kid. She was complaining because she said "It makes our race look bad" She said a free key lime pie would probably help her get over it, but that she was really really upset. Joke was on her, we had just run out of keylime 10 minutes before.

Note: I'm not saying all black people are like this or even most of them. All I'm saying is from MY observation, a lot of black people in Fort Worth have done this. Talked to another server and the same damn thing as his restaurant
Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Who the hell are you to say what modern "black" people should or should not take credit for? Who said it is even taking credit? Why is it not seen as the acknowledgment of the suffering and accomplishments of your ancestors? Since you are not part of that group, it shouldn't even bother you. But yet you feel the need to voice your opinion which means nothing as far as that community is concerned.
well what should they take credit for? the way i see it, they are no more entitled to "take credit for" enduring enslavement and racism than i am for what my grandpa did in the war. its one thing if you personally did something, but to cite the deeds of your ancestors is ridiculous and can be likened to that one douche bag everyone knows that says " well my dad owns a car dealership."

you don't see the Jews bitching about their THOUSANDS of years of enduring anti-semitism, genocide, and enslavement. they had it real bad, and they didn't even sell themselves into slavery. yet they do not ask for reparations, blame the white man for all of their problems, or any of that crap. probably because they ( for the most part) do not currently experience these things themselves, therefore it is irrelevant-history and heritage, but nothing more.

of course there are always exceptions to the rules- im not saying all black people act this way, as i know that most do not, yet you have these liberation theologians and ******** like al sharpton who just dont get it. in like manner, im sure there are jews who have nothing better to do than bitch the holocaust and whatnot. chinese who whine about the rape of nanking, etc etc. point is, if you weren't there, dont worry about it and move on.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
9 Second Club

No need to PM you. We just have a different opinion, and you should really try to get used to it cus its not changing soon
Mine isn't either. Later!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
well what should they take credit for? the way i see it, they are no more entitled to "take credit for" enduring enslavement and racism than i am for what my grandpa did in the war. its one thing if you personally did something, but to cite the deeds of your ancestors is ridiculous and can be likened to that one douche bag everyone knows that says " well my dad owns a car dealership."

you don't see the Jews bitching about their THOUSANDS of years of enduring anti-semitism, genocide, and enslavement. they had it real bad, and they didn't even sell themselves into slavery. yet they do not ask for reparations, blame the white man for all of their problems, or any of that crap. probably because they ( for the most part) do not currently experience these things themselves, therefore it is irrelevant-history and heritage, but nothing more.

of course there are always exceptions to the rules- im not saying all black people act this way, as i know that most do not, yet you have these liberation theologians and ******** like al sharpton who just dont get it. in like manner, im sure there are jews who have nothing better to do than bitch the holocaust and whatnot. chinese who whine about the rape of nanking, etc etc. point is, if you weren't there, dont worry about it and move on.
No thanks.

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
No no! Keep it public

50% for amusement, 50% because both of you are making valid points that I've never even thought of before.

Tbh, this has never really been an issue for me, but after reading the other guy's post, it made me think of all the black people who would come into the restaurant that I worked at. Not a single week went by without at least 1 black person complaining that we were being racist just to get free food.

"I noticed he served the white person their drink before he refilled mine" when the policy is that if you have two tables and one of them has no drinks at all, get those to them first.

We often heard talk about slavery and other hardships black people in history had to endure and to be perfectly honest, now that I think about it, they really did make it sound like THEY were the ones who went through all of that and earned what they have. I believe in equality for all (american citizens) so I would agree they SHOULD have rights, but making it sound like they were the ones who went through so much to get where it is today is kinda... I don't know the right word.

Side story to lighten things up: A few weeks ago I was joking around with a manager during a slow part of the evening and a black lady came up to us to complain about racism. My boss and I looked at each other and But get this **** lol. She was complaining because another black lady brought her kid to the restaurant and the kid was running around and the mom hit her kid. She was complaining because she said "It makes our race look bad" She said a free key lime pie would probably help her get over it, but that she was really really upset. Joke was on her, we had just run out of keylime 10 minutes before.

Note: I'm not saying all black people are like this or even most of them. All I'm saying is from MY observation, a lot of black people in Fort Worth have done this. Talked to another server and the same damn thing as his restaurant
No thanks.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

No thanks.
too bad, that's the way it is.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
too bad, that's the way it is.