Texas A&M to the SEC!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Well you also didn't highlight the part where I said "that doesn't have a network", and congrats to OU, they were on top for one year. Again Texas is the perennial money maker for the big 12. Not to mention Texas has a much bigger following than any other team in the big 12, those things go hand in hand. I doubt when the time comes that Texas will have a problem finding a home.
On top for one year...were you born in 2009? They have won the B12 7 times...compared to texas's 3.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tripps
..., The "cash cow" for the Big 12 would be OU, since they have made the most money for the conference off of BCS bowls...
This is correct. It doesn't matter that they lost all those BCS championship games, it's that they were in them. Wait, they did win 1
Old 09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

On top for one year...were you born in 2009? They have won the B12 7 times...compared to texas's 3.
Follow the bouncing ball, we're talking about money not their record.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

The proof will be in the pudding. After this is all done shaking out over the next few weeks, it will be pretty evident who did good and who did bad by observing the one AD in all of this that will be job hunting. (Dodds)

Things will really start moving next week.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Follow the bouncing ball, we're talking about money not their record.
The bouncing ball says BCS berths = money!!! OU = More. Are you following?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The UT fans are just stuck on the fact that UT is one of the richest universities in the world. Its the attitude of that fact that has Texas in a panic. They are kings of a bogus conference now, and thing s are looking worse by the day. If they stay they are in a bad spot with no good prospects of getting good schools to fill the conference. And if they are allowed into one of the other big conferences they are pretty much middle of the pack and have no means to bully anyone.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
The UT fans are just stuck on the fact that UT is one of the richest universities in the world. Its the attitude of that fact that has Texas in a panic. They are kings of a bogus conference now, and thing s are looking worse by the day. If they stay they are in a bad spot with no good prospects of getting good schools to fill the conference. And if they are allowed into one of the other big conferences they are pretty much middle of the pack and have no means to bully anyone.

a bogus conference that has just as many teams in the top 25 as the SEC... yeah i see what you're saying.

middle of the pack? god damn you're retarded and delusional.

where do you come up with all this b.s. to compile a post of that length? you hillbillies on this website blow my mind.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
a bogus conference that has just as many teams in the top 25 as the SEC... yeah i see what you're saying.

where do you come up with all this b.s. to compile a post of that length? you hillbillies on this website blow my mind.
Baylor and Texas are not Top-25 teams, HTH.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by DAVE00
The bouncing ball says BCS berths = money!!! OU = More. Are you following?
You're forgetting the actual network contract the big 12 has. Texas ALWAYS brings in more viewers, why do you think Texas athletics brings in so much more money than any other big 12 team? One of these days when I've got some time to waste to prove to an internet hardass I'll look up the actual numbers.
Really? What is Texas currently ranked? I'll give you a hint, its quite a ways up the list from 25. Also you do realize Texas was a ranked team for a decade before last year right?

The stupidity of some people is appaling.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |

Oh, good old satan and his typical short, arrogant, ignorant and hateful posts. Is that what that incredible UT education gets you?

Quote top 25 positions all you want, the Big 12 is a weak conference, that is doomed to fall apart. I hope for your sake UT can get out while they still can. The Big 12 has traditionally been a two team conference, big fish in little pond syndrome. Count up all those top 25 teams in your dreams all you want, only one of them has a legitimate shot at the championship, and its not UT.

And the longhorns would be middle of the pack in the SEC. They would be a 3 loss team just about every season, particularly if they would be in the west. So look at it however you want, but a good team that has 2-4 losses every season in the SEC that doesnt ever go to the SEC championship, thats a middle of the road team.

Now, back to your insults. Or about how UT OWNZZZZ ALLZZ!!!! Or about how stupid t-shirt fans are......
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 AM

All the SEC talk doesn't really matter since it seems they're in talks with the PAC 10. This year is a toss up as to what we would be if we were hypothetically in the sec since its a rebuilding year but I can't think of three teams that would beat us if Case keeps playing the way he did saturday. Auburn isn't looking that great, maybe Bama? That's about the only team I could see being considered an automatic win but as I said if our YOUNG offense keeps progressing like they are we will be national champ contenders next year

The big 12 isn't a weak conference this year, now next year if everyone gets to jump ship like they're wanting to... Poor Baylor
Old 09-19-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

You're forgetting the actual network contract the big 12 has. Texas ALWAYS brings in more viewers, why do you think Texas athletics brings in so much more money than any other big 12 team? One of these days when I've got some time to waste to prove to an internet hardass I'll look up the actual numbers.

Really? What is Texas currently ranked? I'll give you a hint, its quite a ways up the list from 25. Also you do realize Texas was a ranked team for a decade before last year right?

Such an idiot. Yes they have a number beside their name, but it is not earned in the least bit. Once conference games start the losses will pile up for Texas and Baylor.

While calling someone stupid, you should probably make sure that you don't **** up on the spelling. You probably didn't go to UT, did you?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

All the SEC talk doesn't really matter since it seems they're in talks with the PAC 10. This year is a toss up as to what we would be if we were hypothetically in the sec since its a rebuilding year but I can't think of three teams that would beat us if Case keeps playing the way he did saturday. Auburn isn't looking that great, maybe Bama? That's about the only team I could see being considered an automatic win but as I said if our YOUNG offense keeps progressing like they are we will be national champ contenders next year

The big 12 isn't a weak conference this year, now next year if everyone gets to jump ship like they're wanting to... Poor Baylor
LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Miss State, and South Carolina.

So beating one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences (UCLA) = beating everyone in the SEC except LSU and maybe Bama. Holy ****, you can't even make this stuff up. Where is miller when we need him, because he is much more knowledgeable about college football.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 AM

In case you were wondering facts are always greater than opinion. I bet the AP, coaches and computer know more than you about football and its not like we're right on the edge of being ranked.

I'm posting from my phone so sue me, I forgot an additional l. Good retort, pick out one spelling mistake and interjected your opinion. I was hoping for a more cerebral response but I see I was expecting too much.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM

LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Miss State, and South Carolina.

So beating one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences (UCLA) = beating everyone in the SEC except LSU and maybe Bama. Holy ****, you can't even make this stuff up. Where is miller when we need him, because he is much more knowledgeable about college football.
Apparently reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. I'm done, arguing in all these retarded football threads has lost its allure.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

In case you were wondering facts are always greater than opinion. I bet the AP, coaches and computer know more than you about football and its not like we're right on the edge of being ranked.

I'm posting from my phone so sue me, I forgot an additional l. Good retort, pick out one spelling mistake and interjected your opinion. I was hoping for a more cerebral response but I see I was expecting too much.
The only reason I pointed it out was because you were calling people stupid, yet couldn't get the spelling right in your own insults.

It's OK though bud, I'm sure that Texas will go 7-5 and make a bowl game this year. That LHN might be an issue with the PAC-12 members though, as it was just stated that Texas does not have the votes to get in currently.....
Old 09-19-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Apparently reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. I'm done, arguing in all these retarded football threads has lost its allure.
Christ you're slow. You said "If Case plays the way he did on saturday, I can't name 3 SEC teams that could beat Texas" (you said us, but I doubt you are an alumnus). I then came back and listed 5 SEC teams that would beat Texas by at least 14 points if they played. You're response: "This argument has lost its allure"
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Because both of our points are strictly opinion, hypotheticals, conjecture, etc. No one wins. I don't have to have a diploma to call a certain team MY team, but I will be transferring to the Cockrell School of Engineering in the spring so no matter what they will be MY team, its just a matter of time
Old 09-19-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

we'll see who is where at the end of this season.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

So how many of you dipshits actually graduated from college?

i actually fly out and watch my team play, and all the while don't look like a t-shirt fan like all you asses.

Quick Reply: Texas A&M to the SEC!!