Texas A&M to the SEC!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a damn Aggie, i attend the university, and it PISSES me off that we are moving to the SEC... what happened to tradition? (which is supposed to be what A&M is all about)
Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
You guys that graduated from the schools that talk crap to the rest of us fans need to get over yourselves. Nobody cares that its "your school" or you're "real fans". Its a business. Its entertainment. Its football. And its not meant for alumni, there are a heck of alot more "tshirt" fans than "real" fans. We aren't out there cheering for an english or engineering department. its just football. So unless you actually PLAYED on the team, you have nothing to hold over the rest of us.

And that Texas wrecking the SEC comment almost made me woof my cookies.
haha whatever man, I didn't say t-shirt fans aren't a real fans, but it seems like you get that a lot? Though it is amusing when people get so worked up about a school team that they didn't attend or have any close ties to. Extra fans are great and it helps out the program for the school, I'm not knocking that at all. I know I went there and it's MY school, thats good enough for me.

But think about people who are Patriot fans that live in Texas, "you band wagoner blah blah blah you aren't even from there blah blah blah" just like the whole "who dat nation" bandwagon BS when the Saints went to the SB. A NFL team is defined by what region/city they are from, HOUSTON Texans, NEW ENGLAND pats, NEW YORK Jets, while a college team is defined by what school they are from TEXAS Horns, TEXAS A&M ags, UofH cougs. Don't act surprised when you get **** for being a T-shirt fan.

not holding anything "over your head" I was just curious as to who was speaking/talking ****. Changes how I interpret what they say. Also maybe to stir the pot some but hey whats 'tech without that

BUT since you said those who graduated from the schools don't have anything to hang over "the rest of you fans" I'll have to say your wrong. My college degree will hang over your head on the wall!

and before everbody starts with the "people with college degrees think the are better than everybody **** them" and/or "I make more without a college degree than people with them" or blah blah blah. Save it I don't think I'm better than anyone because of that, and it's really about the type of person you are and the work ethic you have, anyone is capable of success. A college degree doesn't hurt though

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
LOL I knew a dumb *** comment like that was coming. I didnt know you had to attend the school you root for. Im a Cowboys fan actually. Oh wait I guess I have to live in Valley Ranch to like them huh?
see above, There's a degree of truth to it, but you'd have to be at my school to understand.

Originally Posted by EdgarB
I am a damn Aggie, i attend the university, and it PISSES me off that we are moving to the SEC... what happened to tradition? (which is supposed to be what A&M is all about)
Tradition went out the window when the corps got soft, and old army/tradition **** starting going to the wayside when the dorm system fell apart and the ******* greek **** moved in. Bonfire moving off campus didn't help either, it was a major part of keeping tradition strong at aTm.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I brought it up because these threads usually turn into the pissing matches and it gets brought up. I remember some threads that people were even posting up pics of their degrees to prove their point. I just think the whole argument is stupid. Im not knocking college degrees, and do t assume I don't have one. And college football is just as professional of a sport ss the rest of them. Its big business. They don't play for the kids, or school pride. If you think that you're kidding yourself. It is marketed like all the rest and meant to be for everyone. The regional argument I get, but it goes for college teams too. Its fine to be proud of your school, my comment was meant fir the snobby buttholes.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
I brought it up because these threads usually turn into the pissing matches and it gets brought up. I remember some threads that people were even posting up pics of their degrees to prove their point. I just think the whole argument is stupid. Im not knocking college degrees, and do t assume I don't have one. And college football is just as professional of a sport ss the rest of them. Its big business. They don't play for the kids, or school pride. If you think that you're kidding yourself. It is marketed like all the rest and meant to be for everyone. The regional argument I get, but it goes for college teams too. Its fine to be proud of your school, my comment was meant fir the snobby buttholes.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree on this one, meet some players here and I think you'll find thats not necessarily true.

Any body know anything about the whole SEC thing now? Has Baylor gotten off the rag yet? does anyone care now that the hype has died down LOL?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is being held up because Baylor says they wont make a decision until Oklahoma says whether they are going or staying. Oklahoma said they will take up to three weeks to decide
Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Baylor is just seeing a lot of money no longer going into their checking account if the big 12 splits up sense no one wants them I personally think the big 12 screwed up not snagging tcu a couple years ago.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
do you just exclude arkansas, who has beat yall like a drum in every meeting you guys have had?

ole miss will lay it on y'all... it's ok to admit that you guys will be the doormat of the SEC (at least in football)

might as well start following your track team and golf if you want to keep watching winners.
WTH are you talking about bud? I included Arkansas in that list. And no, Ole Miss is not that good.

Fran to A&M was like Mackovic to Texas, a great recruiter but a horrible coach.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
I'm gonna respectfully disagree on this one, meet some players here and I think you'll find thats not necessarily true.

Any body know anything about the whole SEC thing now? Has Baylor gotten off the rag yet? does anyone care now that the hype has died down LOL?
Now OU reportedly is about to apply for admission to the PAC-12 along with OSU. It seems that they are tired of UT as well. Baylor and Tech stand to be the biggest losers in all of this, as the PAC won't take Tech without Texas and nobody wanted Baylor to begin with. Baylor is that nerdy kid in the corner threatening to sue everyone because no one wants them in a conference and will subsequently be relinquished to the Conf USA.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

The PAC will take Tech without UT, but UT will throw a fit about it.

The PAC wants UT, but they won't wait around for them.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gipraw
The PAC will take Tech without UT, but UT will throw a fit about it.

The PAC wants UT, but they won't wait around for them.
Yup, but pretty much every conference out there except maybe the ACC won't allow Texas to retain or have their coveted "Longhorn Network".
Old 09-16-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Yup, but pretty much every conference out there except maybe the ACC won't allow Texas to retain or have their coveted "Longhorn Network".
What is this "Longhorn Network" you speak of? I can't find it on my TV Guide.....
Old 09-16-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tripps
What is this "Longhorn Network" you speak of? I can't find it on my TV Guide.....
http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/

$300 million deal with ESPN for 20 years. This is the major reason for the breakup of the Big12.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DAVE00
http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/

$300 million deal with ESPN for 20 years. This is the major reason for the breakup of the Big12.
Yeah, that was sarcasm.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, that was sarcasm.
LOL - sorry bud, been a "matter-of-fact" kinda day!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM

Yeah I don't even see what the big deal is, I'm a longhorns fan but I could care less about watching 24/7 of women's volleyball and swimming. I'll go to the bar to watch the two games that are shown on the network. It's definitely funny that it was launched with no local providers.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Yeah I don't even see what the big deal is, I'm a longhorns fan but I could care less about watching 24/7 of women's volleyball and swimming. I'll go to the bar to watch the two games that are shown on the network. It's definitely funny that it was launched with no local providers.
The major issue was the broadcasting of HighScool sporting events and being a direct violation of NCAA recruting regulations. The NCAA has slapped an injunction on them for the time being preventing them from broadcasting these events until further investigations. The rest of the Big12 schools didn't care for this and among a large list of other things this is a reason that Colorado and Nebraska bolted last year.

The sole breakup of the Big12 lies on Texas' shoulders and none other!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Texas is about to be odd man out. They wont give up or share the network, and they want to continue to be the top dog and bully. What conference would really want them right now?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:02 PM

I'm pretty sure Texas could give a ****. They're the cash cow of the big 12 anyway. Texas can go wherever it wants that doesn't have a network. I don't think any of its really going to matter because I don't see the BCS making through its 2016 contract.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

A reasonable post from a longhorn fan, shocking. Usually the reply is dripping with arrogance and elitism, so you must be one of the few non-ignorant UT fans. Well, until I read your next reply..

I'm pretty sure Texas could give a ****. They're the cash cow of the big 12 anyway. Texas can go wherever it wants that doesn't have a network. I don't think any of its really going to matter because I don't see the BCS making through its 2016 contract.
They are a cash cow for ESPN, not the Big 12. The "cash cow" for the Big 12 would be OU, since they have made the most money for the conference off of BCS bowls. OU is in fact in a better position to go anywhere since they don't have a dead-weight failing network anchored to them. The SEC and PAC-12 don't allow school networks, and that is a big problem to the king of arrogant elitism himself, Deloss Dodds.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Well you also didn't highlight the part where I said "that doesn't have a network", and congrats to OU, they were on top for one year. Again Texas is the perennial money maker for the big 12. Not to mention Texas has a much bigger following than any other team in the big 12, those things go hand in hand. I doubt when the time comes that Texas will have a problem finding a home.

Quick Reply: Texas A&M to the SEC!!