OUCH!! Spun Rod Bearing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUCH!! Spun Rod Bearing!

Well i spun a rod bearing at the track this weekend in my 01 SS, does anyone know how much $$ roughly it will be to have it fixed?? I am in the DFW area and am thinking of taking it to Simple Quick Racing. I was just really concerned with what would be a fair price for something like this since I have absolutely no idea. Thanks guys I appreciate any and all feedback. Colemann.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not a simple throw bearing in there for $X. It will depend what else it took with it.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Colemann
Well i spun a rod bearing at the track this weekend in my 01 SS, does anyone know how much $$ roughly it will be to have it fixed?? I am in the DFW area and am thinking of taking it to Simple Quick Racing. I was just really concerned with what would be a fair price for something like this since I have absolutely no idea. Thanks guys I appreciate any and all feedback. Colemann.
Im with sleepersilverado on this one.Its gonna turn in to one of those "While your in there you might aswell do............" kind of things.Not because there crooks but simply cause its a 2001 vehicle and could use machine work,all new bearing,seals and so on.Then theres the mods that get free labor since your already in there
Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

I understand what your saying and I appreciate the help, now I just have to decide who is reputable here in the DFW. I never mind spending my money as long as the people doing the work are honest. I am also always open to suggestions and options on what I should get done while I am in there. I know for sure I am changing the heads and the cam. Already have a comp cam and LT's but I might as well get forged internals. Thanks as always for the input guys. So the biggest question I have remaining is WHERE to go here in the Fort Worth area.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

What track is open already in Fort Worth area?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Kennedale is open every weekend if the weather is good! They race all year long.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

$5k should just about cover it...
Old 01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Launching!

yup just make sure you got a rollmaster double roller timing chain and a melling oil pump. i cheaped out and it cost me the whole top half of the motor. i built it right the last time and it absolutely screams and hasn't givin me any problems. now the damn transmission that's another story. lol