ZL1 y u such a fat pig? v. 2013 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

gm needs to just get the weight off the camaro , its got everything else going for it , just needs to drop the weight , they need to get creative , hopefully the next gen will be smaller like they claim on the ats chassis.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, GM knows deep down they screwed up picking a sedan/heavy platform for this car. Ford is basically showing that to GM that a lighter car performs better then a heavy car then again GM may not car seeing as how good the Camaro is selling plus they have the Corvette for the high hp car.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope gm comes out with something with new gen. Hopefully lighter chassis even if use dame motors. Dont see why they just dont throw the ls9 detuned and advertise lower rpm power to keep the corvette whiners happy. Ford can go all out since they dont have a corvette type car.
Gm has to keep the vette guys happy and cant have the camaro equal or better than in hp.
I wish i could stuff a ls9 blower under the hood of my ws6.
But i gotta settle for a bitch *** only 850hp turbonetics
:{
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM
9 Second Club

The 5.0 is fast. Runs really well. The ZL1 is a nice car but my .02 its not what I expected.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
The 5.0 is fast. Runs really well. The ZL1 is a nice car but my .02 its not what I expected.
Stop messing around Joe and go make a meaningful post to hit 5000...lol

Oh yeah, F the Zl1 for now untill it is redesigned has at least the 2.3 sc on it and loses around 500 pounds. Ok I am done
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

first off, those of you that are truly disappointing with the zl1, are only disappointed, because of the way al op hyped it. he sold the living **** outta that car, but it couldn't live up to what he sold it to be.

that being said, that zl1 is one ******* monster of a car, that any of us would be proud to own. who gives a **** if it's a little slower than the gt500?? it's still monstrously fast, can stop hard enough to plant your eyeballs on the windshield, and can corner hard enough to launch your lunch out the side window clean into the next town.

me being a ford nut, i'm happy seeing the ford on top this time.......but to be honest, i'd be proud to own either one of these cars.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Stop messing around Joe and go make a meaningful post to hit 5000...lol

Oh yeah, F the Zl1 for now untill it is redesigned has at least the 2.3 sc on it and loses around 500 pounds. Ok I am done
4999 Is the limit monkey Your at 199.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
first off, those of you that are truly disappointing with the zl1, are only disappointed, because of the way al op hyped it. he sold the living **** outta that car, but it couldn't live up to what he sold it to be.

that being said, that zl1 is one ******* monster of a car, that any of us would be proud to own. who gives a **** if it's a little slower than the gt500?? it's still monstrously fast, can stop hard enough to plant your eyeballs on the windshield, and can corner hard enough to launch your lunch out the side window clean into the next town.

me being a ford nut, i'm happy seeing the ford on top this time.......but to be honest, i'd be proud to own either one of these cars.
Nah..
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The regular SS picks up 100hp down low in some areas with just a tune. Torque management is HORRIBLE on the 6.2's my GXP picked up nothing in the 1/8 with a cold air and full kooks exhaust over factory stock. Put a tune in the zl1 and watch it roll that boss up bad!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jmurray87
Yup, GM knows deep down they screwed up picking a sedan/heavy platform for this car. Ford is basically showing that to GM that a lighter car performs better then a heavy car then again GM may not car seeing as how good the Camaro is selling plus they have the Corvette for the high hp car.
Yeah, GM fucked up big time with the Camaro...
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
The regular SS picks up 100hp down low in some areas with just a tune. Torque management is HORRIBLE on the 6.2's my GXP picked up nothing in the 1/8 with a cold air and full kooks exhaust over factory stock. Put a tune in the zl1 and watch it roll that boss up bad!
you would hope so since, we're talking about a "shitty" modular 5.0 versus a much larger 6.2l BLOWN pig.

Just think how that 2013 GT500 just made the camaro it's permanent bitch at the drag races... with a smaller "shitty" modular motor... i'm wonder what the camaro will do when new GT500 throw a tune on their car.

What is the next excuse?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by texas94z
Yeah, GM fucked up big time with the Camaro...
Well, at least they are selling cars you know. Maybe their more concerned with making money and keeping cars into production this time around instead of making lame ducks on the internet happy with factory race cars.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

u trollin
Old 06-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

I'm gonna call bs
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PEACE144
I'm gonna call the gubnuh
Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
you would hope so since, we're talking about a "shitty" modular 5.0 versus a much larger 6.2l BLOWN pig.

Just think how that 2013 GT500 just made the camaro it's permanent bitch at the drag races... with a smaller "shitty" modular motor... i'm wonder what the camaro will do when new GT500 throw a tune on their car.

What is the next excuse?
There is nothing shitty about the Coyote or Trinity at all. Those two engines are FAR more technological advanced than the ancient GEN IV LS engines. Ford did a fantastic job with their new engine line up and they diverse tons of respect. From my point of view, it's about time Ford did some math homework.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

The next gen small blocks from GM should be debuting with the C7, Chevy SS and next Camaro I do agree the current ones are dated compared to Fords new lineup but still love the LS7 though lol..
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Hasnt ford been faster since the 03/04 cobra? That was almost a decade ago.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Cannot say i am impressed by any of this as i am "bout damn time". How long has the LS platform been out now? 15 years including its appearance in 96 as a 97. The GEN IV is nothing but a GEN III with a different reluctor and maybe some big heads available on some models. Still a pushrod engine. For what they are derived from in 1955, they still are no punk. Looking at all the advancements, they are still the budget king, and that is why i love them. Go fast all motor cheap.

The new camaro, i would rock every day and love to do so. With the stang, i rather a camaro, but if it was given to me, i would still daily it. I do not run around looking for street races so could give a care less, just proud to call the stang an American. Imagine what it will do to the over seas competition? Not worried abut the fat piggie camaro, and the role has reversed. Before, the LS dominated the speed of things and yet the Ford lovers said "We did not have to worry because of sales....blah blah", guess what gentlemen, you think the new camaro is worried about sales? Evidently not, and the resale on the camaro is higher than anything i have ever seen American other than the vette that is normal production.

Both sides argue a positive and forget the same thing to argue that has just switched roles, but at least the camaro runs harder than the old 4.6 any day and has it in the looks department.

I want to see how hard they push modded, bolt ons ect, that has me curious. Still spinning over 6600 on the fords end makes me wonder how the GM will do spinning higher, that will make things interesting, more RPM is more power, so i cannot wait to see.

But all in all, it is good to see healthy pony car battling this day in age with all the economical setbacks, glad GM did not give up and close doors.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Cannot say i am impressed by any of this as i am "bout damn time". How long has the LS platform been out now? 15 years including its appearance in 96 as a 97. The GEN IV is nothing but a GEN III with a different reluctor and maybe some big heads available on some models. Still a pushrod engine. For what they are derived from in 1955, they still are no punk. Looking at all the advancements, they are still the budget king, and that is why i love them. Go fast all motor cheap.

The new camaro, i would rock every day and love to do so. With the stang, i rather a camaro, but if it was given to me, i would still daily it. I do not run around looking for street races so could give a care less, just proud to call the stang an American. Imagine what it will do to the over seas competition? Not worried abut the fat piggie camaro, and the role has reversed. Before, the LS dominated the speed of things and yet the Ford lovers said "We did not have to worry because of sales....blah blah", guess what gentlemen, you think the new camaro is worried about sales? Evidently not, and the resale on the camaro is higher than anything i have ever seen American other than the vette that is normal production.

Both sides argue a positive and forget the same thing to argue that has just switched roles, but at least the camaro runs harder than the old 4.6 any day and has it in the looks department.

I want to see how hard they push modded, bolt ons ect, that has me curious. Still spinning over 6600 on the fords end makes me wonder how the GM will do spinning higher, that will make things interesting, more RPM is more power, so i cannot wait to see.

But all in all, it is good to see healthy pony car battling this day in age with all the economical setbacks, glad GM did not give up and close doors.
Amen.Just glad to see American cars out there representing

Quick Reply: ZL1 y u such a fat pig? v. 2013 Boss 302