Is this the car from the burnout video that blew the motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Any REAL gearhead. Would have been smart enough to put on a show and still not destroy the motor on purpose. A smarter move would have been to put on the show and pull the perfectly functioning 1500$ motor and sold it. Or even pass it along.
Destroying a perfectly good motor on purpose is what a Ricer would do.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

So a grown man succumbed to peer pressure in his own mind and tears up a perfectly good motor because he's getting one for free. Did not even place. In the burn out contest, dream destroyed! I guess doing ridiculous things like Blowing up a ls1 did have real world effects huh. Hope the high fives and fist bumps get you a new motor.

Sounds like a typical 17 year old kid from Plano, very ignorant and childish.

I blew up my ls1 shirt seriously, that **** is far from cool man. Everyone looks at you which is probably what you want. Definitely the wrong reason to be looked at though!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Y'all just a bunch of jealous haters. I support Jared and ricekiller.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Teching In

I don't think anyone is really understanding Jared's intent. I agree; sounds like a lot of people are jealous and should stop being so negative.
I do also support Jared, and I really enjoy everything Ricekiller has offered thus far.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Prolly because you two haven't been around long enough to know what everyone else knows about him and his actions
Old 08-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

^Jared's doing fine to me
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow LSX

And **** monster, **** sucks. Real men drink beer.

LMFAO. best comment in the whole thread
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Damnnnnn, this is not what I expected to see when getting on tech today lol. I definitely disagreed with Jared's choice to blow the motor, but I'm not sure that he deserves some of the comments that he's getting on here. I'm not saying that you have to respect the guy, but damn, some of you guys are harsh.

I just hope that he learned a valuable lesson from it that will stay with him.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:07 AM
On The Tree

the fact that thompson pulled the sponsorship makes me want to buy engines from them
Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess some of y'all have never made a mistake in your life. Must be nice.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dreww
Guess some of y'all have never made a mistake in your life. Must be nice.
bouncing off the limiter for 2 minutes doesn't sound like a mistake to me...
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are how things have been happening for years. Jared does something stupid for shock value, gets negative feedback, nut swingers from RKC come out to support him, they all make excuses and call people haters, he lays low for a while, comes back out and acts like it never happened or says he has matured and is turning over a new leaf, does something stupid again, repeat process. This is a pattern, not a "mistake." You know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Want to be taken seriously? Stop the insanity. The concept of any publicity is good publicity works great for the wrong crowd.

I'll give you an idea. Next time you have an engine you don't need, raffle it off instead of blowing it up for no reason. Donate the proceeds to a charity like Wounded Warrior Project or the USO. Get the automotive media involved and watch the sponsors start to line up.

Here is another tip. A burnout contest is like a college party. People see someone doing somethig stupid so they egg them on to see just how much stupid will come out. After the cheering is done is when the laughing starts, and they aren't laughing with you.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 08-01-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what he said ^....
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

My question is who actually likes/supports this guy. I saw some super homo video of him attempting to make fun of a bunch of fbodies in a parking lot way back in the day and pretty much knew right then and there that this guy was a total loser. Pretty much everything I have seen from/about him since has pretty much proved my point.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Launching!

someone post the video when he was fat and was bodyslammed on concrete
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys think you don't like him now, read that blog post. terrible! Very pompous and bland writing style. It was annoying to read, and ot really cleared nothing up.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

He posted the link for hits to his blog, nothing more. this very type of thread is what he loves. Attention. Good or bad.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TINKRD
He posted the link for hits to his blog, nothing more. this very type of thread is what he loves. Attention. Good or bad.
Agreed, any attention > no attention or him.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared Guynes
All:

There will be no silly court case or anything of the like. I have nothing but respect for Thompson Motorsports and their business. While it is very unfortunate to be in the situation that I am currently in, I am confident that I will bounce out and come out in a good position for myself and my sponsors.

What I did in the video was careless, and irresponsible. It was however, totally calculated. If you are interested to hear my point of view on the entire situation, you need look no further than my blog.

http://monstercamaro.net/2012/07/mon...sa-2-brainerd/

I would have never in my life sat on a rev limiter on my last motor if I didn't think with 100% certainty that I had a much better one waiting for me. I would also never in my life abuse a sponsored motor that was understood between me and the sponsor to have special instructions to operate. The car would never, ever be operated in the fashion seen with the TMS engine. The car ran great before the burnout competition on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY2eMwyv7bM

The engine in my car in the video had a total value of perhaps $1500 at my best estimate, and at the time of the competition I decided that any damage that I could possibly do to the car would outweigh itself in marketing value provided by the extensive coverage of videos and pictures would provide. While I did get a great reception at the event, and awesome pictures of the ordeal, the overall feedback online has been very negative. The deal then went totally sour when not only did it go negative, but it cost me my planned engine sponsorship. I went from having a motor in my car and a great motor on the way, to having no motors.

I have made a great many well documented mistakes over the years and this will no doubt be added to my list. I am not proud of what I have done now, I regret it sincerely. My main mode of purpose is to provide exposure and publicity for my sponsors, but not negative publicity. Thompson is a quality engine builder with a great reputation and I do no fault him for wanting to separate himself from drama and negativity.

My main account here on TECH was "Ghosted" many months ago, which is why I no longer post here. I would like very much to be a member of the LS1TECH community and continue to help organize "f-body only" events as I did before my account was ghosted. My appeals to the moderation staff here, and beyond them at Internet Brands has not worked, so I moved on.

For now the car is at House of Hotrods getting a custom 6 point bar installed and from there it will move to Branded Customs to get the 2012 Focal line upgrade in the system as well as interior upgrades. With any luck I will be able to sort another engine agreement with a supplier by then. If not, then I will do what anyone does and buy what is within my budget and push forward.

Thank you for reading.
...and you've just been perma-banned for creating multiple user accounts. Consider your pee-pee schwacked.

Quick Reply: Is this the car from the burnout video that blew the motor?