Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobama!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, i hear all the No Obama stuff... so tell me what plan Mr. Romney has? Sure he is telling how many jobs he can create but who will pay for it... 12 million job is GREAT but how? 5 trillion out of the deficit is GREAT but how?... All you Romney fan boys show me a website that has his step by step plan to fix things and some of us might jump ship...
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Brewster's Million!!! Love it!! RIP to one of the best comedians ever... Richard Pryor!!

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
show me a website that has his step by step plan to fix things and some of us might jump ship...
Too Easy. Go here. You can click on the "One Pager" to get a good summary, or you can click on the "Full Plan" for an even more detailed version.

http://www.mittromney.com/JobsPlan

If the Pres. wins re-election it will be because people like NOLAG claim Romney has no plan, but won't lift a finger to click on his website to see that yes he does have one and yes, it is posted publicly for anyone to read through it.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Ok, i hear all the No Obama stuff... so tell me what plan Mr. Romney has? Sure he is telling how many jobs he can create but who will pay for it... 12 million job is GREAT but how? 5 trillion out of the deficit is GREAT but how?... All you Romney fan boys show me a website that has his step by step plan to fix things and some of us might jump ship...
Can you provide the same for Obama? What evidence over the last 3.5 years do you have that shows that Obama did what he said he was going to do when he campaigned for President the first time?

Fool me once.....
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sure, here it is... http://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/1...FUfNOgod7j0ANw

Originally Posted by DSIM
Can you provide the same for Obama? What evidence over the last 3.5 years do you have that shows that Obama did what he said he was going to do when he campaigned for President the first time?

Fool me once.....
Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Because people like me...lol. Oh yes... i'm the one holding Mitt Romney from getting votes...

From the website you listed:

The Romney plan will achieve these objectives with four main economic pillars:

Stop Runaway Federal Spending And Debt.

o

Reduce federal spending as a share of GDP to 20 percent – its pre-crisis average – by2016.
o

In so doing, reduce policy uncertainty over the need for future tax increases.

Reform The Nation’s Tax Code To Increase Growth And Job Creation.

o

Reduce individual marginal income tax rates across-the-board by 20 percent, while keeping current low tax rates on dividends and capital gains. Reduce the corporate income tax rate – the highest in the world – to 25 percent.
o

Broaden the tax base to ensure that tax reform is revenue-neutral.

Reform Entitlement Programs To Ensure Their Viability.

o

Gradually reduce growth in Social Security and Medicare benefits for more affluent seniors. Give more choice in Medicare to improve value in health care spending.
o

Block grant the Medicaid program to states, enabling experimentation to better fit localsituations.

Make Growth And Cost-Benefit Analysis Important Features Of Regulation.

o

Remove regulatory impediments to energy production and innovation that raise costs to consumers and limit job creation.
o

Repeal and replace the Dodd-Frank Act and the Patient Protection and Affordable CareAct. The Romney alternatives will emphasize better financial regulation and market-oriented, patient-centered health care reform

Originally Posted by TWS
Too Easy. Go here. You can click on the "One Pager" to get a good summary, or you can click on the "Full Plan" for an even more detailed version.

http://www.mittromney.com/JobsPlan

If the Pres. wins re-election it will be because people like NOLAG claim Romney has no plan, but won't lift a finger to click on his website to see that yes he does have one and yes, it is posted publicly for anyone to read through it.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Dont mean to be an *** but do you have anything proposed for this next 4 years? Im pretty sure that budget got canned by both (D) and (R) as we have been without a Federal Budget for quite sometime.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Quite true as i have had no raise at my good govt job... I will see if i can find it right quick... If you and TWS read anything my post it says i'm no Obama flag waver but atleast he is telling the Country and showing where he is going to make cuts and taxes... To answer your question i can't find anything past 2013... http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/coll...=true&ycord=58 Let me ask you and TWS a question... If there is really a way to pull 5 trillion out of our debt don't think it would have been done already? I know the President is not a "businessman" like Mr. Romney but the budget and staff personal would have figured this out before... Or if it was really that easy to do before why didn't they present this information sooner then making the Country suffer for 4 years?

Dont mean to be an *** but do you have anything proposed for this next 4 years? Im pretty sure that budget got canned by both (D) and (R) as we have been without a Federal Budget for quite sometime.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't take it as you being an *** bro, i work for the govt and luv to discuss it with many people... I believe that with some of the people on here think that because your black you have to vote for him and i'm not wired like that... Being in the Military and govt you are trained or supposed to be color blind. Unfortunately America doesn't think like that... I know white guys who play b-ball just as good as some brotha's...lol. But i believe in an open forum maybe some one can point out something i may have missed... To error is to be human right? I really don't trust either as they are not affected by the decisions to budget and taxes like you and i are affected... I didn't make a few million last year and i really pay attention to taxes and wages. Mitt Romney promises things just like the President when he was in this position 3.5 years ago... but shyt happens as we all know... I just want numbers from Mr. Romney as to how he is going to affect my income if i put him in office... I know what the President is going to take from me already but i can't see clearly enuff from Mr. Romney... I don't know how old you are but there was a movie a while back called Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman as the captain of a ballistic nuclear missile sub and Denzel Washington as his XO... they got orders to fire a neclear missile and they questioned it... I don't see anything wrong with asking a question before i pull the trigger... No one is going to die if Mitt Romney is elected as no is going to die if the President is re-elected but things will change which ever direction we go as a country. They both push to put America back to her former glory... My only question is who's plan will help my family the best... Isn't that what we all are worried about? Who will benefit US the best?

Old 10-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Teching In

You're from Detroit. That explains everything.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know what that means but thank you... i guess. I just want to see both sides of the tape.

Originally Posted by Blue_GTO1199
Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blue_GTO1199
That's not really cool to say.

I find it ignorant when liberals dislike me when I say I'm from Texas.

Detroit is a poster city for many failed liberal/Democratic party experiments. It doesn't mean that everybody there is a left wing nut.

It doesn't matter Republican or Democrat. A candidate has to make a lot of promises to get elected and the reality is that they cannot keep all of them.

Also, a candidate cannot give all the nuts and bolts details about how they want to accomplish an agenda item. Why? Because they have to negotiate that through Congress. Well, they could... but it would be setting themselves up for failure because they don't know in advance exactly what they can get through Congress and what they can't. Have to leave some room for compromise. Yeah, that word that some of our "leaders" have forgotten.

Some of the best things President Obama has done are the ones that **** off his (former) hardcore base. He kept Guantanamo open, and he stepped up the predator drone strikes that W. had started. He also hasn't pandered to some unions nearly to the degree that they felt he would. They thought it would be paradise under his presidency.. and I'm glad they are disappointed.

However, I still feel Gov. Romney is a better fit for who we need in charge now.

Last edited by TWS; 10-11-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mondols1
i love how the uninformed always want to blame bush. Its my opinion that our problem started with changes in the banking regulations. Clinton was the one who signed the glba into law in 1999 if i remember correctly.this act basicly repealed the glass stegal act of 1933. That act was there for a good reason but the modern thinking was that the seperation was nolonger needed since we were so much smarter now. Greenspan and volker testified against this change to congress to no avail. Clinton got what he wanted and the rest is history. The $ bush spent bringing liquidity to the banking system is a drop in the bucket compared to the $ spent for obama's qe programs that have done very little. Go lookup the amount of debt that the current administration has left us with.
thank you!!!! About time someone points this out!!! Stop blaming bush and learn some friggin' history!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you, Our Republican governor in Michigan has killed alot of programs in Detroit with the help of our new mayor... Detroit is on the come back trail... slowly but surely... I see what your sayin TWS! But he needs to feed more to the voters i believe... If he wants Michigan and Ohio he has to show the middle class he will fight for us... I don't have any personal problems with guys here for Mr. Romney but i ask what are you guys seeing that i might be missing... I just don't get that warm fuzzy from him being in the middle class... Its that quiet before the storm feeling...

Originally Posted by TWS
That's not really cool to say.

I find it ignorant when liberals dislike me when I say I'm from Texas.

Detroit is a poster city for many failed liberal/Democratic party experiments. It doesn't mean that everybody there is a left wing nut.

It doesn't matter Republican or Democrat. A candidate has to make a lot of promises to get elected and the reality is that they cannot keep all of them.

Also, a candidate cannot give all the nuts and bolts details about how they want to accomplish an agenda item. Why? Because they have to negotiate that through Congress. Well, they could... but it would be setting themselves up for failure because they don't know in advance exactly what they can get through Congress and what they can't. Have to leave some room for compromise. Yeah, that word that some of our "leaders" have forgotten.

Some of the best things President Obama has done are the ones that **** off his (former) hardcore base. He kept Guantanamo open, and he stepped up the predator drone strikes that W. had started. He also hasn't pandered to some unions nearly to the degree that they felt he would. They thought it would be paradise under his presidency.. and I'm glad they are disappointed.

However, I still feel Gov. Romney is a better fit for who we need in charge now.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also in that history Bush killed on of our biggest surpluses ever in America history... Check it out... http://avaha1978.hubpages.com/hub/Th...nomy-is-so-bad

Here ya go... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall_Act

Many commentators have stated that the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act’s repeal of the affiliation restrictions of the Glass–Steagall Act was an important cause of the late-2000s financial crisis.[7][8][9] Some critics of that repeal argue it permitted Wall Street investment banking firms to gamble with their depositors' money that was held in affiliated commercial banks.[10][11][12][13][14][15] Others have argued that the activities linked to the financial crisis were not prohibited (or, in most cases, even regulated) by the Glass–Steagall Act.[16] Commentators, including the American Bankers Association in January 2010, have also argued that the ability of commercial banking firms to acquire securities firms (and of securities firms to convert into bank holding companies) helped mitigate the financial crisis.[17]

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
thank you!!!! About time someone points this out!!! Stop blaming bush and learn some friggin' history!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Let me ask you and TWS a question... If there is really a way to pull 5 trillion out of our debt don't think it would have been done already?
In my opinion, that will never happen until we get people in Washington that care more about the good ole USofA than themselves.

I didn't take it as you being an *** bro, i work for the govt and luv to discuss it with many people... I believe that with some of the people on here think that because your black you have to vote for him and i'm not wired like that... Being in the Military and govt you are trained or supposed to be color blind. Unfortunately America doesn't think like that... I know white guys who play b-ball just as good as some brotha's...lol. But i believe in an open forum maybe some one can point out something i may have missed... To error is to be human right? I really don't trust either as they are not affected by the decisions to budget and taxes like you and i are affected... I didn't make a few million last year and i really pay attention to taxes and wages. Mitt Romney promises things just like the President when he was in this position 3.5 years ago... but shyt happens as we all know... I just want numbers from Mr. Romney as to how he is going to affect my income if i put him in office... I know what the President is going to take from me already but i can't see clearly enuff from Mr. Romney... I don't know how old you are but there was a movie a while back called Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman as the captain of a ballistic nuclear missile sub and Denzel Washington as his XO... they got orders to fire a neclear missile and they questioned it... I don't see anything wrong with asking a question before i pull the trigger... No one is going to die if Mitt Romney is elected as no is going to die if the President is re-elected but things will change which ever direction we go as a country. They both push to put America back to her former glory... My only question is who's plan will help my family the best... Isn't that what we all are worried about? Who will benefit US the best?
If you are military, thank you for your service. I know exactly what you mean when you say 'supposed to be color blind'... "Democracy, we defend it we dont participate in it". (19D from 98-02)

As far as taking care of the family goes, I lean toward the Libertarian political stance... personal responsibility, individual freedoms, limited government so I dont want either. Guess it all depends on what YOU want for your family
Old 10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm voting for Romney, because he's white.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Launching!

They don't blame Bush anymore- now they blame YouTube

Quick Reply: Why I'm Not Voting For Romney