Why I'm Not Voting For Romney

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
. Let me ask you and TWS a question... If there is really a way to pull 5 trillion out of our debt don't think it would have been done already?
The President and Congress could pass a balanced budget and even start paying down the national debt, they just don't want to. They want to get re-elected first, do what's right for the country about third or fourth.

They are not stupid, they know the car is speeding towards the edge of a cliff. They just care more about staying in power than fixing problems. Many if not all members of Congress will say yes, we are not in a good financial position. But none will vote to cut a program that impacts their own constituencies. They know that when they run for re-election their opponent will run an ad saying "Congressman so and so cut ____ program, and it cost X jobs!" Or "He/she cut ____ program and now grandma can't get her free rascal scooter!"
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

the hubpages article is just political propaganda. first of all, the big surplus we had that the evil republicans blew was a "projected surplus", it wasnt ever real $ in an account somewhere. it's always "projected" and a lot of assumptions are made to come up with those $. we have had a real dollar running debt for as long as i can remember. but its the growth of that debt that grew considerably towards the end of bush's term, then just exploded during obama's. i wish i could find a bar graph to better show you, its just flat out scary. now, i'm sure you didn't realize that over 50% of the jobs ( from wall st bankers to home framers) that our country created during the clinton administration were linked to the construction industry in one way or another. SO, THE PROJECTED SURPLUS WAS BUILT ON THE GROWTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY WHICH IN TURN WAS FUNDED BY THE EASY MONEY THE LOWERING OF LEANDING STANDARDS BROUGHT US. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED UNDER CLINTON. THIS IS WHERE YOUR GREAT SURPLUS CAME FROM. see, clinton had a dream which was to give all americans a shot at home ownership. this was noble but ofcourse we all know that not everyone can manage the responsibility of being a home owner. also, a great deal of the blame goes to all the dumbasses that took out loans (investment grade and subprime) which they couldnt afford. wtf ever happened to personal responsibility. if you go back and read the entire wiki on glass-steagal you might realy understand it and why it came about. see any time we get too smart and think that "it's different this time" history has a way of reminding us how stupid we are as a collective.
think on this awhile: remember those evil banks that were "too big to fail", well they are even bigger now!

Last edited by mondols1; 10-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

farty fart knocker
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

breaking news:

us budget deficit for fiscal 2012 breaks 1 trillion despite september "surplus"
Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Obama Biden 2012!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something i never hear ANYONE say, is, Obama had NO business or governing experience whatsoever. How could the American people vote him into the White House? No surprise to me that he's been a COMPLETE failure as a President. I dont think he will get the white (guilt) vote this time around though!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick Reply: Why I'm Not Voting For Romney