Why I'm Not Voting For Romney

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Lets face it NO, politician is perfect but in this race, of the two, Mitt gets my vote.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texada
Besides, Romney can't relate or know anything about middle class working people like 95% of the members on this forum.
But Obama does? Thats no slight on him either, I dont think that anyone capable of running a successful campaign can identify with working middle class Americans.... it takes more money to run a campaign than 99% of Americans make in a year.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting ideology aside let's look at qualifications...

The President went to school, went to school, and went to school. Then he did a stint as a community organizer, a stint as a law professor, and then got elected to Congress.

Gov. Romney ran a successful Capital Investment Group, ran Massachusetts as governor, and ran the U.S. Olympic committee.

Executive experience? Romney by a land slide.

Understanding of economics and how business works? Romney by a land slide.

Turnaround experience? Romney by a land slide (both at Bain and also at Olympics)

I don't agree with either candidate on all issues. I don't disagree with either candidate on all issues. However, given the current situation our nation is in, it's time to vote out the amateur and vote in a professional CEO. The "feel good" from hope and change and having a diverse President should have worn off with most rational voters. We can't afford to indulge in those games any longer. The stakes are too high now.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bain Capital... who shipped more AMERICAN jobs overseas than any other company...lol. Mitt Romney is a businessman hands down... but at what cost... he is just blowing numbers in the air with no plan on how to achieve it... You actually believe he can take out 5 trillion of our debt without raising taxes on anybody and not increasing the deficit while doing this?? 2+2=5 right?... I don't really care for either but the one thats putting a plan to it and can show how, when, where, and why will make it easier for me...
Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Bain Capital... who shipped more AMERICAN jobs overseas than any other company...lol. Mitt Romney is a businessman hands down... but at what cost... he is just blowing numbers in the air with no plan on how to achieve it... You actually believe he can take out 5 trillion of our debt without raising taxes on anybody and not increasing the deficit while doing this?? 2+2=5 right?... I don't really care for either but the one thats putting a plan to it and can show how, when, where, and why will make it easier for me...
Instead of quoting Democratic talking points, use some common sense.
You first sentence is lol, you are right. But not for why you think it is.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not quoting anyone... stating the obvious... If you really think that he can create jobs and fix the mess that Bush handed over to Obama by just saying i'll fix it and not telling you who then go right ahead... Basically people are going to vote for who they feel is going to best for their pockets... I didn't vote for Obama because he is black... but because what he thought he could get done. But hindsight is always 20/20... I am sure if he knew that the Republicans would shoot down every plan, policy, and proposal they drew up he would have never ran... The Republican party said from day 1 of his Presidency that they would do whatever no matter the cost to make him a 1 term President... and unfortunately for us we suffer because most of our government are millionaires it doesn't effect them... Romney complains about health care but with that mans money will he really need medicare when he is old? or Obama for that matter... This isn't poker... you have to show your hand to the people at some point and i prefer if Romney shows his now if he wants to get the votes from minorities... Or else its four more years in my book... I can sign my soul to devil if he shows me the fine print now rather than later...lol

Originally Posted by TWS
Instead of quoting Democratic talking points, use some common sense.
You first sentence is lol, you are right. But not for why you think it is.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

He had a majority in both houses his first 2 years and couldn't get **** done...
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree, but i think Nancy Pelosi had something to do with all that... All i am sayin is I can't back a candidate until he shows me where he is taking me. I don't give a shyt if the President black, white, brown, yellow, or purple... But show me something instead of just telling me what your going to do... I tell my wife all the time this going to be the worst 5 minutes of your life...lol. you know whats comin when someone tells you right? You know what to expect from the President... its gonna be a long fight to fix shyt! Mr. Romney is just sayin don't worry... be happy I'll fix it... You have to put the rubber to the road at some point to go from point A to point B right? Don't just take me to whataburger and dont give a menu... show me my options and i will step up and say whatachicken combo with cheese please!

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
He had a majority in both houses his first 2 years and couldn't get **** done...
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS
Putting ideology aside let's look at qualifications...

The President went to school, went to school, and went to school. Then he did a stint as a community organizer, a stint as a law professor, and then got elected to Congress.

Gov. Romney ran a successful Capital Investment Group, ran Massachusetts as governor, and ran the U.S. Olympic committee.

Executive experience? Romney by a land slide.

Understanding of economics and how business works? Romney by a land slide.

Turnaround experience? Romney by a land slide (both at Bain and also at Olympics)

I don't agree with either candidate on all issues. I don't disagree with either candidate on all issues. However, given the current situation our nation is in, it's time to vote out the amateur and vote in a professional CEO. The "feel good" from hope and change and having a diverse President should have worn off with most rational voters. We can't afford to indulge in those games any longer. The stakes are too high now.
Agreed here.

In his position at Bain Capital he made calls on whatever made the most financial sense. He wasn't running for president at the time, he was working for results which he saw and why he was paid to be in the position he was. As president, his objectives would be entirely different.

I'll agree with the general sentiment in the thread that neither candidate excites me. I was a big Herman Cain supporter, but for obvious reasons was disappointed by his character assassination which could likely have been his own fault. Few people live their lives to run for president and those that do aren't genuine people.

What has struck me about Romney is that he recognizes that it's not about him being president or his radical ideals to CHANGE the political landscape of the US--it's quite the opposite. It's about restoring the country to its previous FINANCIAL glory. There really aren't any other important issues that can hold a candle to our trade deficits and growing debt. Fix those and everything else should fall in line. Nothing else really matters at this point--it's do or die.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I feel you BudRacing... restore America to her glory!! I am all for that and Mr. Romney has the business savvy to do it but who will fund his reform is my concern... from what he is saying loopholes and a some other loose ends will fix the that... I can't buy into that fantasy as good as it sounds until he shows the people more info... I am a numbers driven kinda person... Tell me this kooks exhaust is good for my car and i will as for numbers and dyno sheets... wouldn't you do the same or would you just trust the guy selling it?
thats all i'm askin for... Show me how you plan to fix it...

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Agreed here.

In his position at Bain Capital he made calls on whatever made the most financial sense. He wasn't running for president at the time, he was working for results which he saw and why he was paid to be in the position he was. As president, his objectives would be entirely different.

I'll agree with the general sentiment in the thread that neither candidate excites me. I was a big Herman Cain supporter, but for obvious reasons was disappointed by his character assassination which could likely have been his own fault. Few people live their lives to run for president and those that do aren't genuine people.

What has struck me about Romney is that he recognizes that it's not about him being president or his radical ideals to CHANGE the political landscape of the US--it's quite the opposite. It's about restoring the country to its previous FINANCIAL glory. There really aren't any other important issues that can hold a candle to our trade deficits and growing debt. Fix those and everything else should fall in line. Nothing else really matters at this point--it's do or die.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by texada
what's Romney gonna do? Do you know? He's a flopper and a liar. I can't understand how people expected any body that got elected after Bush was going to fix his mess he left behind in 4 years. Unemployment dropped to 7% this week which is good for Obama. Besides, Romney can't relate or know anything about middle class working people like 95% of the members on this forum.
You drink too much Koolaide
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just by watching the debate, it comes as no surprise why Romney has been so successful. The dude just has it. Just an impressive guy overall, and he has a plan to help this Country financially. Like others have posted, if you continue to tax the Rich, they will either sell their business, or move. Now where are you getting money from? But if you create jobs, and make it worthwhile for people to run businesses, you are providing a way for the Govt to recieve more Tax dollars. Doesn't seem like a complicated concept to me.

He had Obama fumbling his words, and forgetting his talking points.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

i love how the uninformed always want to blame bush. its my opinion that our problem started with changes in the banking regulations. clinton was the one who signed the GLBA into law in 1999 if i remember correctly.this act basicly repealed the glass stegal act of 1933. that act was there for a good reason but the modern thinking was that the seperation was nolonger needed since we were so much smarter now. greenspan and volker testified against this change to congress to no avail. clinton got what he wanted and the rest is history. the $ bush spent bringing liquidity to the banking system is a drop in the bucket compared to the $ spent for obama's QE programs that have done very little. go lookup the amount of debt that the current administration has left us with.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

oh and a considerable number of the jobs romney has been talking about adding will be in the energy field if he is elected.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not quoting anyone... stating the obvious... If you really think that he can create jobs and fix the mess that Bush handed over to Obama by just saying i'll fix it and not telling you who then go right ahead... Basically people are going to vote for who they feel is going to best for their pockets... I didn't vote for Obama because he is black... but because what he thought he could get done. But hindsight is always 20/20... I am sure if he knew that the Republicans would shoot down every plan, policy, and proposal they drew up he would have never ran... The Republican party said from day 1 of his Presidency that they would do whatever no matter the cost to make him a 1 term President... and unfortunately for us we suffer because most of our government are millionaires it doesn't effect them... Romney complains about health care but with that mans money will he really need medicare when he is old? or Obama for that matter... This isn't poker... you have to show your hand to the people at some point and i prefer if Romney shows his now if he wants to get the votes from minorities... Or else its four more years in my book... I can sign my soul to devil if he shows me the fine print now rather than later...lol
EXACTLY ^this right here is called common since folks,it's sad that alot lack it.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

I agree, but i think Nancy Pelosi had something to do with all that... All i am sayin is I can't back a candidate until he shows me where he is taking me. I don't give a shyt if the President black, white, brown, yellow, or purple... But show me something instead of just telling me what your going to do... I tell my wife all the time this going to be the worst 5 minutes of your life...lol. you know whats comin when someone tells you right? You know what to expect from the President... its gonna be a long fight to fix shyt! Mr. Romney is just sayin don't worry... be happy I'll fix it... You have to put the rubber to the road at some point to go from point A to point B right? Don't just take me to whataburger and dont give a menu... show me my options and i will step up and say whatachicken combo with cheese please!
common since smack dab in the face!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Just by watching the debate, it comes as no surprise why Romney has been so successful. The dude just has it. Just an impressive guy overall, and he has a plan to help this Country financially. Like others have posted, if you continue to tax the Rich, they will either sell their business, or move. Now where are you getting money from? But if you create jobs, and make it worthwhile for people to run businesses, you are providing a way for the Govt to recieve more Tax dollars. Doesn't seem like a complicated concept to me.

He had Obama fumbling his words, and forgetting his talking points.
to be continued that was the first debate of many lol
http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

HOPE vs EMPTY PROMISES 2012...I'll take 4 more years of HOPE please!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, someone's an obama fan... ... with no substance to add to the conversation.

Quick Reply: Why I'm Not Voting For Romney