Car Show @ Lowes in Pearland and the exciting night I had

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Car Show @ Lowes in Pearland and the exciting night I had

Ok tonight was very interesting to say the least. I went to the local car show and did what I normally do and hang out with my friends and shoot the ****. Well I decided to break out my R/C truck and have some fun with the kiddos, they love that thing. Then an old fart came up to me comparing me to a 10 year old who dented his car from a skate board. He was straight up talking **** to me and talking down to me like I was some irresponsible kid. Needless to say I got pissed, and told him to **** off. about 5 minutes pass and the "event coordinator" came up to me and asked if i would stop driving it during the car show. I can respect that, still pissed though, but I did stop. 9PM rolls around, the car show is officially over, they are putting up all of the cones and trash cans. So I start driving my truck again, the "event coordinator" comes up to me and told me "I thought I told you to stop driving that r/c car." Then I told him that the car show is over and that he stated not DURING the car show. he got aggravated and went and got another guy, the muscles of the group I guess. He threatened to take it away from me if i didn't stop driving it. I told him that unless he gives me $700 he is not taking it anywhere. Well big billy bad *** tries to prove a point and grabs my r/c truck and then I get up and take it back from him. At that time he grabs me by the neck, I'm thinking to myself, "Is this really happening right now?" So I calmly told him to remove his hand from my neck, the of course he said, "Or what." So I told him again to remove his hand from my neck before I whoop his ***. I'm telling him this as i slowly get into his face, with his hand still on my neck. Then I hit him in the knee with the r/c truck to try to get a point across. Luckily he let go, cause I really didn't want to fight. Then they threatened to call the cops saying I was going to jail, but I had plenty of witnesses that saw him try to steal my property, then assault me. so after my friends made it very clear that I was not in the wrong and if any body was going to jail it would have been their billy bad *** "muscle man". After that the night manager was called out there, because I really didn't give 2 ***** what these guys had to say because they are not the property owners. The manager was trying not to laugh at the whole situation and was annoyed that he had to come out for this stupid ****. We all came to an agreement not to drive the r/c truck during the car show from 6pm - 9pm. By this time it was 9:21 and I started to have some fun and drove my truck. They opened a big can of worms on this one. I was not in the wrong on this and was minding my own business when they came up to me with this bullshit. Of course I left out some of the more detailed actions and words, but I got very heated at times.

So if anybody has an R/C car or truck please bring it by the Lowes car show on FM518 and Pearland Parkway. Try to be there before 6PM so we can have some fun and drive them. Then a 6PM shut them down and have a little R/C car show and take up some parking spots. kind of a R/C Car Protest against these ********. Then at 9PM we fire them up and have some fun with them. I only ask to be careful and not to hit anybody or anything, PLEASE, use some dignity when it comes to others property and children.

Rant Over

Last edited by v8sten; 06-08-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:43 AM
On The Tree

Should have knocked him out for tryin to steal your stuff and putting his hands on you
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they acted like kids- but by showing up with a bunch of RC cars and pissing them off you are only going to get the stores involved (which they don't want) and get the show kicked off the property.

Of you enjoy the show- cut the coordinators some slack for the two asshats that have you ****.

Not saying you were in the wrong at all- but this is definitely a potential outcome.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Cool story brah

Last edited by camarochvy21; 06-08-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Silly
Old 06-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Launching!

I woulda hit him with the Rc truck in the ******* face . I had the same situation with a guy that live couple blocks away from me . Ran a stop sign almost ran over my Rc car . Then got pissed stop got out the truck started to talk **** about im a inresponsible kid because I'm playing with a Rc car. Then told me he better not catch me driving it again.I told him to **** off . Couple nights later same situation guy gets out the truck talking **** I'm down the street I walk over to him he's just constantly bumping his mouth I put his *** in check and let him know I'm not the one to **** with and he no longer runs the stop sign by my house lol.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

OP you're a lot nicer than I would have been about it. Put your hands on my neck and you'll be eating thru a straw the rest of your life. Too bad I'm not closer or I would come hang tonight.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

that's too bad man. I am a regular out there and it is usually pretty chill. I wonder who the guy was. but I prolly wouldn't have been able to keep calm like you did either.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

There were a lot of children out there, and it wouldn't be right to fight in front of them. keep in mind most of this happened after 9pm. the way i saw it if he wouldn't take his hand off of me then it would have been on but he backed off. like I said I really did not want to get into a fight, over this stupid ****.

1965GP Its not about the RC cars, it purely about the principal. They were willing to fight over a remote control car that could POTENTIALLY cause some damage or injury. If I was acting disorderly hauling *** up and down the aisles or in the wrong then yah I can understand. I'm not saying break the rules, I would like as many r/c cars there to prove to them on how stupid all of this is.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

IF I HAD ONE I WOULD JOIN LOL. ill be there next Friday though
Old 06-08-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not saying he was right for doing what he did, but being "that guy" with the R/C car running around the parking lot isn't cool either. There is a time and place for them. Thats in a parking lot with no one in it. If the parking lot was empty then I take it back. You can easily run into someone or their car and hurt them, or someone can run over or trip over your R/c car. It just causes problems. Secondly, R/c car protest? Just don't go to the show if you want to protest. Grow up a little and stop lowering yourself to their level. You are better than that.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rob's 02 SS
I woulda hit him with the Rc truck in the ******* face . I had the same situation with a guy that live couple blocks away from me . Ran a stop sign almost ran over my Rc car . Then got pissed stop got out the truck started to talk **** about im a inresponsible kid because I'm playing with a Rc car. Then told me he better not catch me driving it again.I told him to **** off . Couple nights later same situation guy gets out the truck talking **** I'm down the street I walk over to him he's just constantly bumping his mouth I put his *** in check and let him know I'm not the one to **** with and he no longer runs the stop sign by my house lol.
Not saying the guy is right for running the stop sign, but you are technically operating a motorized vehicle on a street that is designed for cars. If he ran over your R/c car then you shouldnt have had it on the street, period! Its not share the road with R/c cars, lol. Go to a parking lot of a school or something.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Not saying he was right for doing what he did, but being "that guy" with the R/C car running around the parking lot isn't cool either. There is a time and place for them. Thats in a parking lot with no one in it. If the parking lot was empty then I take it back. You can easily run into someone or their car and hurt them, or someone can run over or trip over your R/c car. It just causes problems. Secondly, R/c car protest? Just don't go to the show if you want to protest. Grow up a little and stop lowering yourself to their level. You are better than that.
Exactly!!! It's a CAR SHOW, not an R/C Toy show. If you want to play with your toys, go somewhere else that you can enjoy it and not annoy people there to see real cars.

I've been to this show a bunch of times and it's always been very mellow and not a lot of drama - no one doing dumb burnouts, loud music, etc. Don't ruin a consistently good show. Have some respect.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear GOD how old are you guys???? This reminds me of pissing matches on the play ground in grade school. Grow up!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Ok Im gunna set the record straight. when i ran my rc car i waited until it was all clear then made a very short burst. most of the time it was really for the kids there. they love that thing. yall are acting like im aimlessly running it at high speed down the aisles. i take this stuff seriously and have respect for the other people out there and do not run it towards people or their cars. i was physically assaulted by one of the event organizers out there. the reason why i did not fight was because of the kids and families out there. im not the only one who brings rc cars out there, there are many others. most of the people out there love this thing and come up to me and ask questions about it, its a conversation starter. rc cars can be enjoyed by people of all ages, is it a toy, yes but arent the big ones too?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man this story makes you sound like a real badass.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club

its not meant to smart ***
Old 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those things can def be annoying from sound.

Have a feeling if you continue to bring it they will try to get the cops after you for anything.

Guy still not right for grabbing your property or you. Cant believe you didn't immediately punch him!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:47 PM
9 Second Club

its electric
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Problem solved, don't bring it, or don't go to the show. Delete thread.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Problem solved, don't bring it, or don't go to the show. Delete thread.
This....

Quick Reply: Car Show @ Lowes in Pearland and the exciting night I had