FAST 102 and FAST fuel rail = fuel leak. Need better rail bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Default FAST 102 and FAST fuel rail = fuel leak. Need better rail bracket

Anyone else having trouble with the fuel rail brackets (stanchions) that come with the FAST fuel rail kit and know of a bolt in bracket that cures the poor fit and fuel leak? The ones that came with the rails hold the rails up just a hair too high and the injectors are leaking.

After mounting the fuel rails on the manifold and building fuel pressure, we are seeing a leak on the driver side but not the passenger. During test fitting I noticed I was able to move the injector up and down a little bit with everything mounted and tightened.

Injectors and o-rings were installed correctly and o-rings were lubricated
All bolts and brackets were checked for proper fitment and torque

It appears the mount brackets are just junk, I found a couple threads where others said they had to make their own brackets. Anyone have a better idea? I would like to find some bolt in brackets that fit properly from the start, I don't want to put grinded up or rigged up brackets on this car.

Thank you!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was another thread on this recently, not more than 2 weeks ago.

Do a search for it. I think that person had to slot the holes in the bracket to make for a tighter fit.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also saw something about thicker o-rings in the external engine section . good luck with fixing it , im waiting on mine to get here and see what im gonna run into...
Old 01-25-2014, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you bought these new, why not contact fast ask them to correct your rails??
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ss performance
There was another thread on this recently, not more than 2 weeks ago.

Do a search for it. I think that person had to slot the holes in the bracket to make for a tighter fit.

Good luck.
I searched and found that one person cut and welded his own, and that another bent his. I was hoping to find a bolt in option but may have to re-drill/bend these. I really really don't want to rig the existing ones.

Originally Posted by 42273
i also saw something about thicker o-rings in the external engine section . good luck with fixing it , im waiting on mine to get here and see what im gonna run into...
I did some searching last night and found something along those lines but I believe the guy said that didn't do the trick, now I don't know where I found that thread

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
If you bought these new, why not contact fast ask them to correct your rails??
I called today and got no answer it appears that they are closed. Of the extremely limited information I found on this I did find the below... Looks like FAST is no help either.

Originally Posted by PlatnumStatuz
I got the same problem, except on left side. fast techline is acting like they've never heard of such a thing

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Teching In

I'm curious on this as well I've had some issues with my fuel injectors not "going all the way down" and even though I haven't tried flowing fuel to them yet I'm afraid they may leak as well due to the rails not mounted right and on mine looks like the injector body hits the intake? Not to Hi-jack the thread but has anyone else had a problem like this?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Question - you guys are aware that the 102 is an LS2 based system, correct? And that there are LS1 and LS2 style billet rails as well, correct? If you try to use the LS1 rails YOU WILL develop a leak. The reason is because the direction and shape of the injectors. The LS1 rails have a different angle and the 102 intake also has a different angle. Therefore, a leak. If you get a "stock style" rail from FAST, you'll be fine.

Just putting that out there incase some of you never heard of that. The 102 intake also requires the "skinny" style injectors, not the fatter LS1's.

There's an old FAST 102 thread that covers all of this. And fixes people made regarding everything about the 102's, even the shitty Godspeed TB's.

Last edited by Sommer86; 01-26-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Question - you guys are aware that the 102 is an LS2 based system, correct? And that there are LS1 and LS2 style billet rails as well, correct? If you try to use the LS1 rails YOU WILL develop a leak. The reason is because the direction and shape of the injectors. The LS1 rails have a different angle and the 102 intake also has a different angle. Therefore, a leak. If you get a "stock style" rail from FAST, you'll be fine.

Just putting that out there incase some of you never heard of that. The 102 intake also requires the "skinny" style injectors, not the fatter LS1's.

There's an old FAST 102 thread that covers all of this. And fixes people made regarding everything about the 102's, even the shitty Godspeed TB's.
No I did not know that, that needs to be more clear in FAST's instuctions, that would explain why the fat o-rings were needed and fixed the problem I was having... Thanks for the info man, the FAST instructions are clear as mud on these things.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Talking

EDIT: WAS NOT FIXED read posts below

So I fixed it. Turns out it was my fault though. When I started this project there were no instructions with the manifold and the guy I am putting the car together for pre-fit the intake, rails and injectors... so I didn't know the fat o-rings had to be used, or where they were supposed to be used.

For anyone having this issue, if you are using LS1/LS6 style injectors (not LS2) you have to use the fat o-ring on the bottom of the injector. It states this in the instructions but not very clearly, it's actually a little confusing because it says to use those fat o-rings with "LS1/LS6 applications with factory fuel rail"

Thanks for the help everyone,

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 08-14-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sommer86

First good info I've got since I got the intake! With that being said I'm so tired of dealing with the little things on this intake. I have a 102 LSXR if anyone's intrested
Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not to pile on, but I read a similar complaint a few days ago. Since I'm looking at eventually upgrading...following this thread!
Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RJDio
not to pile on, but I read a similar complaint a few days ago. Since I'm looking at eventually upgrading...following this thread!
Looks like reading the instructions is the fix..
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
LOL yep. Step 1: make sure you have the instructions Step 2: read them
Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
LOL something I rarely do until I "NEED" to lol
Old 01-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

The FAST rails look good, but it is easiest to just use an LS2 rail on the 102 intake.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

it sucks that we spend all this money on these fancy rails for them to not work properly. I had to open up the hole on the bracket so that i can push down on the rail and lock it in place with the supplied nut. You can also shave down the bottom of the bracket with a carbide burr to thin it out.

Opening up the hole worked, but i am not comfortable. I hate fuel leaks.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

So after all this there was yet another fuel leak, after 20 or so phone calls to FAST we got someone on the line that knew what they are talking about, there is apparently a known issue if using 60# injectors, they are a hair shorter than others and need a small shim in the injector bore, you place them in the intake and then mount the injectors again.

After doing this the injectors fit better than ever and do not leak, I even tried my hardest to cause a leak my pushing, pulling, yanking, cussing the injectors and still no leak.

If you are having leak issues with a 102mm intake, call fast and ask them about the injector shim kit they are supposed to supply with the intake to prevent the injectors from leaking.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine just got it done the other day so far no leaks.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/12...906/LAJxlY.jpg
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

Denny your setup looks sick bro. Wish I was home to give you a run for your money!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

I've sold my 402 build and I'm not going to need my Tony Mamo ported FAST 102 anymore. Anyone interested in a complete intake package?

-It's a ported 102 (the top shell is 100% new, the bottom has about 4-500 miles) that has been painted red
-FAST 102 TB - 100% new (powder coated black)
-FTP 104 Lid - New
-FAST 57lb. injectors (about 4-500 miles on them)
-FAST LS2 fuel rail
-FAST LS2 to LS1 harness adaptors (to run LS2 REQUIRED injectors on an LS1 wire harness)
-MAP sensor and extension to run the MAP in the front hole since it's tight in the back of an F-body.

I have more pics of it all as well.

Quick Reply: FAST 102 and FAST fuel rail = fuel leak. Need better rail bracket