Where in NTX are y'all getting your tires mounted/balanced on your high end wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where in NTX are y'all getting your tires mounted/balanced on your high end wheels

Hey guys. I have a full set of Billet Specialties Street Lites with M/T skinnies up front and DR's out back. I have had several sets of BS SL's before and had good luck with my local discount tire but I just never felt super comfortable since the one by my house does not have a touchless mount. BS says they will only warranty the wheels should there be an issue if the tires are mounted with a touchless mount. I'm in The Colony and looking for a good place to get these tires put on without scarring up my wheels. I'm far from rich and I don't want my wheels getting beat up by someone that doesn't know what they're doing. Thanks guys.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Launching!

GIO'S Tire in Arlington did mine he does high end stuff. Not cheap by any means tho.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Cool man I'll look them up. When you say not cheap how much are we talking for a mount and balance? Do they also do balancing on beadlocks? I have a set of double beadlock street lites too I need to find a place to balance them. I've heard it can be a little tough but I have no experience with beadlocks, this is my first set.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Launching!

He's pricey but he wont damage your wheels. I'm sure he does bead locks too just have to ask him.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I use moe he owns three tire shops and sells wheels from 150$ each to 4k each 13 inch to 32 inch wheels he has a nice chevelle on his Facebook page he owns if u look him up not gonna lie if your scared of the hood don't go but your safe there it's just a little ghetto because it's on Buckner Blvd. But he is reasonable and he has never scratched or damaged my wheels I bought 4 sets from him total and have taken three sets of rear drag wheels and drag radials to mount and two pairs of 20x12 off-road wheels with 35 inch tires. And one set of 26x10 wheels off my silverado to have new tires put on I use him more than any thing because it's always balanced right other ppl do fine but always a little out of balance on my bigger wheels
Old 08-02-2018, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGDRAGON
GIO'S Tire in Arlington did mine he does high end stuff. Not cheap by any means tho.
I agree, Sergio does good stuff.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
I use moe he owns three tire shops and sells wheels from 150$ each to 4k each 13 inch to 32 inch wheels he has a nice chevelle on his Facebook page he owns if u look him up not gonna lie if your scared of the hood don't go but your safe there it's just a little ghetto because it's on Buckner Blvd. But he is reasonable and he has never scratched or damaged my wheels I bought 4 sets from him total and have taken three sets of rear drag wheels and drag radials to mount and two pairs of 20x12 off-road wheels with 35 inch tires. And one set of 26x10 wheels off my silverado to have new tires put on I use him more than any thing because it's always balanced right other ppl do fine but always a little out of balance on my bigger wheels
I think he has a location in forest hill too.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can vouch, Sergio and Zack at GIO just did some Hoosier's on my new Weld S71s and did a great job.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to kwiksilver wheel repair in Denton off of 380 and 35. My rim is one of the Google profile photos

​​​ive had discount mount them before. I just tell them it's $759 for a new wheel and watch the kid mount them

Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

I appreciate the responses guys, I had a guy PM me who works at another Discount Tire and he said that DT is very good at owning up if mistakes are made and they it's not really a fight if they were to damage a wheel. That said I have always had good luck at my local DT so it took them there and they mounted them perfectly without making a scratch.

Quick Reply: Where in NTX are y'all getting your tires mounted/balanced on your high end wheels