61.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Ex-Officer Arthur J. Carbonneau Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ex-Officer Arthur J. Carbonneau Poll

This is the Ex-HPD Officer who shot a 14 year old boy he had pinned on the ground.
Here is a link to story behind this poll, it might give you some isight to what happened:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/011...icertrial.html

Guilty of Murder and Sent to prison.

Innocent and set free.

Last edited by 00 Z-28; 01-15-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

you should post up a news story to give some more info. I heard about this but I havent read any details on it to form an opinion
Old 01-15-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not know the details of the story so I can not make a decision. Can you post the story or tell us where to look?
Old 01-15-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/112..._copshoot.html
Old 01-15-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That story is very one sided and pretty shitty at that IMO. (of course the parents and neighbors are going to see this differently)....

I would like to see the police report and compare that to actual witnesses remarks, vs the post investigation of the shooting incident by the police.

Any possibility an honest accident could have occurred?

Not being one sided myself either, as I am not a big fan of most cops, I don't even eat bacon.

Last edited by Joker; 01-15-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:28 PM
14 Second Truck Club

there is two sides to every story but I just dont see why he would kill that kid for no reason
Old 01-16-2005, 02:49 AM
That's what she said...

well first off, i know for a fact that a 40 cal Glock doesnt have a saftey on it, there's one about 10 feet away from me right now.

second off, anyone who doesnt do what an officer says to them, especially with one with a gun drawn, should get prepared to be shot or to comply.

third, a 220lb 14 year old isnt a BOY, he could probably kick the cops ***, and surely knows not to try to leave when a cop tells you not to, especially if he "diddnt do anything"

fourth, it happened on the 14 year old's property and i'm sure the eyewitnesses were a bit biased, considering that most of them were his family members. i dont really see someones parents saying "yeah he started kicking and fighting to get away from the cop like a dumbass and the gun went off....oh well" of course they are going to say things like

"Sanchez said, 'He went crazy. The cop grabbed him, threw him on the floor. He told him to calm down. He wouldn't and he just shot him in the head.' "

i would say that this definatly could have been an accident, who shoots someone in the forehead on purpose who is on the ground surrounded by people?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 AM
bbz
TECH Regular

Why was he fired from HPD?
Old 01-16-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

He quit HPD. Now the other Officer that was on the scene with him has sold him out.

Originally Posted by bbz
Why was he fired from HPD?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah not enough info.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
well first off, i know for a fact that a 40 cal Glock doesnt have a saftey on it, there's one about 10 feet away from me right now.
Not trying to flame you at all, but you might want to take a really close look at your Glock; all Glock models have a total of three safety mechanisms as part of their operating design. http://www.glock.com/te_english.htm

Go to this website and pick any model, scroll down to "number of safeties".

Also look at the section regarding safety action system that incorporates a safety in the trigger design that cannot be overcome as part of the design.http://www.glock.com/trigger_safety.htm
Old 01-16-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

In the eyes of the law, a 14 year old is still considered a child, no matter how big he is. The officer had him pinned down and he was crying for his mother(typical reaction from a child in fear).
Old 01-16-2005, 07:26 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Joker
Not trying to flame you at all, but you might want to take a really close look at your Glock; all Glock models have a total of three safety mechanisms as part of their operating design. http://www.glock.com/te_english.htm

Go to this website and pick any model, scroll down to "number of safeties".

Also look at the section regarding safety action system that incorporates a safety in the trigger design that cannot be overcome as part of the design.http://www.glock.com/trigger_safety.htm
those arent the traditional "saftey" that you would find on most weapons, which is what i was referring to.

when your finger is on the trigger, you have the "trigger saftey" portion deactivated. unless ones trigger finger is less than the width of my pinky finger, and can fit above the little lever on the trigger, you simply can't help but deactivate this feature. i was aware of this "saftey feature", but thats merely what it is, a feature, its not a saftey in the traditional sense of the word.

i was also aware of the "firing pin" saftey feature, which basicly doesnt allow the gun to fire if the slide is pressed back much more than a milimeter or so.

i diddnt know, however, about the drop saftey feature, but this feature wouldnt factor into the case in point.

these systems make it seem like it has some kind of tripple redundant saftey mechanism but in reality, if your finger is on the trigger, it will fire, weather you're wrestling around on the ground, or standing at the firing range.

the interesting part, and may have been brought up as evidence of this NOT being an accident, is the fact that you can't "**** the hammer" on a glock like other guns. the trigger must be pulled the full length of the pull in order to fire, and it's not the easiest trigger pull in the world IMO.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

second off, anyone who doesnt do what an officer says to them, especially with one with a gun drawn, should get prepared to be shot or to comply.

third, a 220lb 14 year old isnt a BOY, he could probably kick the cops ***, and surely knows not to try to leave when a cop tells you not to, especially if he "diddnt do anything"

fourth, it happened on the 14 year old's property and i'm sure the eyewitnesses were a bit biased, considering that most of them were his family members. i dont really see someones parents saying "yeah he started kicking and fighting to get away from the cop like a dumbass and the gun went off....oh well" of course they are going to say things like

"Sanchez said, 'He went crazy. The cop grabbed him, threw him on the floor. He told him to calm down. He wouldn't and he just shot him in the head.' "

i would say that this definatly could have been an accident, who shoots someone in the forehead on purpose who is on the ground surrounded by people?
Can't agree more with what you've said. You have to take into account that most of the time in people's eyes, the cops are 'out to get them', so add that bias on top of the rest of that. Ignorant **** is all it is. If a cop tells you to do something, do it. When he pulls a gun, listen. If I was a cop and had my weapon trained on someone, and they reached behind them or jerked towards me.....I'd pull the trigger. There has to be limits.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see your point. These guns are some of the safest around in regard to accidental firings and its impossible to have any accident with them in regard to a situation where a safety mechanism is involved. Just because the safety features don't include the traditional thumb safety on the side of the slide is misleading to someone who may not know anything about guns at all IMO. That's the point I was sharing, again with respect I'm not trying to flame you at all.

In response to the shooting of the kid; innocent people do not run from or engage in physical confrontations with the police, he's still a child in the eyes of the law however police officers can use deadly force on ANYONE who presents an immediate danger to himself or others.

The story is very one sided and does not share the whole truth or all of the facts other than those who are obviousely biased.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Is this the same shooting were the family members were on tv awhile back asking for Quanell X's help?

Those links are pretty one sided. I don't care how old he is, at 14 and 220lbs he could do some damage to a smaller man.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

He reached for the last option first, he should have mased the **** oout of him.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:27 PM
That's what she said...

he diddnt mean to shoot him, if he did, i seriously doubt he would have shot him in the forehead! mase would have done the trick, but it doesnt have the coersion power of a 40 cal glock.

murder is rediculous in this case, manslaughter MABY, but even that's a stretch. they are going to have a hard time, as they should, convincing all 12 people that he meant to shoot him.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I agree, a night stick is usually enough to get someones attention, mace is a nice attention getter, a Glock in the friggin forehead is usually a discussion ender....good luck getting a jury to make the cop take the fall, specially if the kid has any type of record that includes violence that is admitted into the case, and in a grand jury, EVERYTHING is admissable....
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

murder is rediculous in this case, manslaughter MABY, but even that's a stretch. they are going to have a hard time.
I would NEVER convict him of murder, wasnt premeditated. Man slaughter fits the charge. Murder doesn't, this is exactly why the police needed tasers years ago.

Quick Reply: Ex-Officer Arthur J. Carbonneau Poll