? how long into drag racing/cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? how long into drag racing/cars, take a look n respond

Like the title says, how long have you been doing this, and how long do you think you will continue

I have been into sport cars all my life, since I was a kid I wanted a vette. In 99 I bought my 98 white SS camaro, never had imagined that I would have taken it to the level I did. I put a lot of time and effort in that car, with the help of STEVE FRANK.

I have since sold that car to Rob which is mikes Pabone brother which now it an "Icon motorsports" car. I now drive a stock "not for long" Z06 MY, love the car, very fun to drive.

I just wounder were do you see your self in 5-10yrs, do you think you will still be on the LS1tech site ???

I can rememeber when Brooke was the **** blowing up stock short blocks on a 300shot "purple people eater", Steve frank had run a 12.00 and that was considered fast in the ls1 world. Tony Nineball was running heads and cam, then went all bore then to a 4?? forget.

Well it is fun being here and hope to be around the board, with all of you for a long time.

I know quiet a few people on this board, I would say no less than at least 100 people I bet. that I have meet or have general aquantences.

I have meet some of my best friends on here and someone else that is special to me TRACEY.

Thanks for the good times, hope they continue for the next 10+ years
Yall are a bunch of great people

JET

PS I have been on the board since LS1.com which was 99, and now here is my home, thanks Tony/PSJ

Last edited by Z06 JET; 01-26-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I remember some of those days as well. Haven't seen much of Brooke around since we had a sale transaction over a few years ago.

While my interest is changing a little out of the drag racing ideas and into more of an interest in road racing and giving it a try I think that 5 years from now I'll still be roaming around some of the boards and will most likely be more involved with vehicles than ever 10 years from now.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Banned

what up brad,

heck I can remember when I first meet steve, we were out at miami subs, and went out to brittmore, and he raced a Velocity tan vette, heads cam, steve had pure bolt ons and line lock, needless to say steve won that race. Then they decide to run one more time, looked up and the cops turned on the lights infront of them, and next thing you know some people on my end jumped in there car and ran, Daniel did and we saw him t bone a camery right there at senate. The about a month later we set up a meeting with people kim,chirs,steve,jen,kevin,his wife, the swingers LOL forgot there name, but that is how I got to know everyone. Was some crazy times, I have so many stories about street racing it aint funny, especially with the BADZ.

How about the beltway bomming days, miami subs. To bad it isn't like that anymore

JET
Old 01-26-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

i miss those days as well.

as far as cars i always loved cars, my tastes have changed over the years. i remeber the day i was looking at getting a new car. took dad to the mitsu dealership to test drive a gs-t eclipse and it didn't have enough power. dad suggested going by the furd dealership and looking at mustangs, that was it i need V8 muscle after that. went on the computer and looked at camaro, said hey that is just plain more power. next day im at Landshark looking at a red M6. saw they had a gold one that they would let go for cheap. came back the monday after the Reno air races and bought the MJB Gold Z

as to the future when i finish college i will start work on my '79 and maybe another car don't know exactly what yet.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Launching!

i remeber being off britmore and it got busted. I was with my older bro in is 94 Cobra. I got a curfew ticket and instagating drag racing. I was about 14-15 at the time. Good old days! btw im 21 now.

I always been into cars, my dad had a hemme cuda when growing up and racing dirt bikes..etc..
Old 01-26-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have liked automobiles since I was 12 along with my guitar, skateboard and bmx bike. I really didn't get the Hotrod thing until 18 when I got my 67 Chevelle restored with a 454 in it. Racing and just cars and horsepower still excite me to this day. In 3 years I would like to have my other passion sitting next to my current passion (the Hawk) I have always wanted a 1987 Buick Grand National. If the funds were available I would try for the 87 GNX. 1-542 made. I love the new ZO6 and have always loved Vettes (the skunk 96 grand sport) but for the price I think I will have cake (the hawk) and eat it to (gn)....

Last edited by Angus; 01-26-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Banned

Common people tell us your story, there is 31 views so if you viewing this thread respond, very simple, how long have you been around, and what got you into sports cars and stuff.

JET
Old 01-26-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

All my life I have been into cars..PERIOD. I used to race my Hot Wheels across ths kitchen floor when I was a kid, but who hasn't done that? I have always wanted a vehicle with the SS badge on it, so I plan to keep my SS for good. I want to start a project once my SS is paid off, but haven't really decided what route to take yet. LS1tech is the best for technical info for our cars and even though I don't post much, I do lurk usng the "search" button. lol. Hell, when I bought my car, I had no idea about how potent the LS1 was.

Im probably the slowest LS1 on this board, but I just ordered some goodies, so Inspector12, if you see this post, get your shop ready for me!

Ulysses
Old 01-26-2005, 11:05 AM
it is on low boost

Been in this since 1994. Purple Pearl Metallic Z28 done up by MTI (bad summuma b!tch) when they were on Richmond. Heads, cam, headers, and the Compucar nitrous plate system. Jayson would come out there in the blue turbo mustang he had and would occasionally take out the Typhoon. Gary in his bad *** Trans Am and Rick in his red one. Man we would be out on Westheimer until 5:00 AM sometimes just tearing the mustangs up. Then a group of Pakistanians started showing up in their white Supra. We had to get "Dredlock" in his black mustang coupe on their asses because nobody could beat them from a roll. The mustang was a Mondo charged (Vortech) 347 that was built by Tag back in the days. Then it was Rankin, Holmes Road, Spikewood, Wayside, places where white people were not supposed to be. We didn't care. Big races at Spikewood though. Poor White Boys Racing and their blue Nova....the list goes on and on....Feel free to chime in whenever you want Mike.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ulySSes
All my life I have been into cars..PERIOD. I used to race my Hot Wheels across ths kitchen floor when I was a kid, but who hasn't done that? I have always wanted a vehicle with the SS badge on it, so I plan to keep my SS for good. I want to start a project once my SS is paid off, but haven't really decided what route to take yet. LS1tech is the best for technical info for our cars and even though I don't post much, I do lurk usng the "search" button. lol. Hell, when I bought my car, I had no idea about how potent the LS1 was.

Im probably the slowest LS1 on this board, but I just ordered some goodies, so Inspector12, if you see this post, get your shop ready for me!

Ulysses
That is funny but true Ulysses, I had hot rods back when I was a kid also, never thought of it that way.

I use to do the same thing, read read and lurck behind the scenes, and I go thru phases, I post a lot and then nothing for a while. Don't know why, but I do it that way.

I have meet a lot of great people posting on this board

JET
Old 01-26-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

I got into cars when I was about 11 or 12. A friend of my family had a a 42 Ford I don't remember the size of the engine it was an outlaw car. I got to ride in it at Kennedale and I was more than hooked. I don't know if any of you guys from Fort Worth area remember the old days when they raced off 35 and Garden Acres, those where some great days. Now I live in Houston and the race bug is huge here it is one of the reasons now I am done with school I am staying here. I think as far as 5 to 10 years from now I will still be into this and racing for ever. And still waiting to see WormBoys car run LMAO j/k Steven.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

My dad's friend brought over his low 12 second 87 GN in 1989. After one ride in it, I was hooked. I was 12 at the time. I got an 87 Turbo Regal in 1993. These were the good ole days of Westheimer. None of that Miami subs 1997 bullshit. We're talking about out past HWY 6 in the storage building parking lot. When only real cars showed up to the racing spots. No ricer bullshit, or thug homies in their bling bass mobiles.

I've owned 3 Turbo Buicks (2 87 T's, and an 87 GN), and a 5.0 Mustang since 93.

The street racing scene is so gay these days, that I don't even bother going to any of the spots.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Ginger Hater

We always used to get Hot Rod mag's to the house when i was younger (5-6) and i used to always read through those everytime(I still have all the mags from when i was that little) So I've loved cars since i was that young. But i got my first American Sports car a/b 4 years ago...haven't done much to it....not looking to making it a 10 sec monster...just keep it stock and once im done with college to rebuild it and make it a garage queen. As for 10 yrs from now...I don't know where i'm gonna be or what i'll have. I'll keep you guys posted though.

-jon
Old 01-26-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I could remember riding in my sisters boyfriends 70 nova at the time when i was fourteen or fifteen. Pounding out the freeway, windows down, old smelling interior , jamming out MINISTRY and heading out to fitzjeralds in houston to see MINISTRY play. I felt the power then, im almost 25 now and ever since i got to drive a V8 there really has been no replacement. I have always felt the need for making things run better and producing more power. My father really wasnt into it too much , but he does appreciate horse power. They own a 2000 Ws6 today. I will definately get my son into it when he gets older.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Been into it in some way shape or form since I was basically born First trip down the track took a while, it was in like 1993 ... Stock 1991 Mustang GT ... 14.0's in the dead heat of the summer in Wisconsin, on radials.. 2.2 sixty foot times, whoohoo!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
I got into cars when I was about 11 or 12. A friend of my family had a a 42 Ford I don't remember the size of the engine it was an outlaw car. I got to ride in it at Kennedale and I was more than hooked. I don't know if any of you guys from Fort Worth area remember the old days when they raced off 35 and Garden Acres, those where some great days. Now I live in Houston and the race bug is huge here it is one of the reasons now I am done with school I am staying here. I think as far as 5 to 10 years from now I will still be into this and racing for ever. And still waiting to see WormBoys car run LMAO j/k Steven.

My love for cars started with racing R/C cars. Once I turned 15, it was on to drag racing real cars! Cruising out to Miami subs and then heading to brittmore was definately the good old days. I use to get like 5-10 races in one night on the street, definately cant do that now a days with the cops. I sure hope some day street racing will be back to the way it used to be. Mr Bill, be patient, my car will run soon enough
Old 01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
We still hit up Garden Acres every once in awhile

Mike
Old 01-26-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Been around racing all my life. Dad raced local tracks all around the area (Old Eastex, Porter, Houston International, etc.) before I was born till I was about 7 - 8 years old. He had a crash at the old Porter track, mom asked him to stop so he did... after he rebuilt the car of course. He went to helping & working on others cars but we always still went to the races with him. I remember going to the first race up in Ennis and was awe struck because it was so different from all the other tracks at the time. Went to first race at HRP and that’s become our home track now. He gave me that car, a 1968 Camaro, to drive/race when I was about 15 years old so I'd have plenty of time to take it all apart & put it all back together. Its setup to run brackets & indexes now a days... but a funny thing is some of the guys my dad raced with & against are still out there... watching & helping... their kids. The "old timers" hang out & bench race & remember the "good ol' days" while watching us "kids" run down the track now. It’s cool. I'll be racing & driving something for as long as I physically can, maybe help my future kids out like my dad & mom have helped me over the years. Don’t know what the future holds...
Old 01-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When I was 17 I went out to Seally and ran my Trans Am for the first time back in Nov 01, likes it ever since. Dont go to the track that often but I have always kept my ear to the street to whos running what.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

My love for sports cars started when I was very young. My uncle used to have a 58 Corvette with a 283 in it, and I used to watch him work on it and he would take me for rides in it! I knew one day I would own one. In high school I bought a used 71 Camaro with a 327 in it and I was hooked.
Since then I have owned a 67 Camaro, 69 Camaro, 74 camaro, 69 Corvette (350), 69 Corvette (427), 72 Corvette (350), 96 Camaro (v6), 97 Camaro Z-28, 99 Camaro SS, 03 Corvette, and my current 04 Corvette Z06. I guess it's safe to say I am a sports car nut and that I love Chevrolet. It's always been Camaros and Corvettes for me. I miss my 69 big block, I probably should have kept that car.
Jet, I didn't know you knew Jeff (BadZ). I work with his uncle Lynn.

Dean