Texas cops

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys running from the cops are a bunch of jack-asses. Do you even think about the people that you're endangering? If you kill someone's son or daughter because you didn't want to pay a $100 ticket, you bet your *** you'll get beat down. If you want to drive 150mph, move to Germany or go to the track where you'll only kill yourself.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 JET
ha ha I wish that was what it was, try he had a laser scope, and a 45 behind that laser beam.

I have been thrown up on the back of my old car, with a sherriff in the car one time, and he was in reg clothes, he waited till the cop came up and showed his information, and he let me go, I did nothing but speed, I am sure that some people remember this incident, it was when we use to go beltway booming, and I just had gone to get my car.

JET
well thats a first for me, never have i seen an officer with a laser sight. it doesnt fit in the holster.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6-speed
You guys running from the cops are a bunch of jack-asses. Do you even think about the people that you're endangering? If you kill someone's son or daughter because you didn't want to pay a $100 ticket, you bet your *** you'll get beat down. If you want to drive 150mph, move to Germany or go to the track where you'll only kill yourself.

No need for that kind of language. For you information, I was the only one on the road. The sheriff was across the median. It wasn't a 2-way road. I was just a one time thing after I got my car. Had to see what it could do. You can't tell me that you haven't done that before.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, there is a need for that kind of language!

I don't care if you *thought* it was somehow safe to drive 150mph on a public road. It wasn't. This hits home to me because a good friend of mine was killed by a dumbass 17 yr old driver who was trying to evade police. The cop was trying to pull him over for an expired tag (probably just a warning) and the tool thought he could run away from him. He ended up going over a slight hill at 130+ and plowed into the back of my friends pickup tearing the roof off the pickup and killing my friend.

Congratulations on being dumb enough to think that you are the only one on the road just because it wasn't a 2-way road, and thinking you're invinsible.

By the way, I have NEVER driven my car over 90 on a public road, and when I did drive 90 it was to pass. If I want to drive my car fast, I take it to the autocross or the dragstrip, where I'll only kill myself.

There is absolutely no rationalizing running from the cops or driving 150mph on a public road....period.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, there is a need for that kind of language!

I don't care if you *thought* it was somehow safe to drive 150mph on a public road. It wasn't. This hits home to me because a good friend of mine was killed by a dumbass 17 yr old driver who was trying to evade police. The cop was trying to pull him over for an expired tag (probably just a warning) and the tool thought he could run away from him. He ended up going over a slight hill at 130+ and plowed into the back of my friends pickup tearing the roof off the pickup and killing my friend.

Congratulations on being dumb enough to think that you are the only one on the road just because it wasn't a 2-way road, and thinking you're invinsible.

By the way, I have NEVER driven my car over 90 on a public road, and when I did drive 90 it was to pass. If I want to drive my car fast, I take it to the autocross or the dragstrip, where I'll only kill myself.

There is absolutely no rationalizing running from the cops or driving 150mph on a public road....period.
Um, theres a big difference between an idiot 17 year old driving 130 and a seasoned drag racer/autocrosser
Old 03-18-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm very sorry to hear of your friend. It shouldn't have happened to him. When I did this, it was a long time ago and I have matured a lot since then so I understand where you're coming from. I too only speed and race at the track now. You are not the only one who has lost someone over that. A friend of mine died from a truck that ran a red light while speeding and hit my friend on his bike. I truly do understand how you feel and thats why I don't do that anymore. I thought you were just being an ******* earlier but I understand now. I apologize for flipping you off.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeRedLX
well thats a first for me, never have i seen an officer with a laser sight. it doesnt fit in the holster.

Okay let me clear this up for you, this guy was a constable, that had a laser or whatever you want to call it on his gun. I know cause I saw the dam thing on me and it freaked me out. I guess that your saying that I am a liar, well your wrong. I know what I saw, no doubt about it, there are different types of laser sighting for pistols and they will fit in the holster.

JET

okay since you know eveything, I guess you think this wont fit in a holster ???? http://www.nightgalaxy.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=521
Old 03-18-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

To each his own, but I had the GTO up on 140 MPH yesterday (2 lane protected feeder, no traffic) and years ago had my Formula up on 170 MPH (late at night, deserted mega-freeway). I'm a baaaaaad maaaaaaannnnnnn....
Old 03-18-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i never said "I" went that fast, i said i hide most of the time, **** that ****, i would lose control of my car and hit something, as for doing 59 in a 40 i just wasnt paying attention at 445 in the morning. Now street racing i think is fun but unsafe, id rather do it at the track. and Yah im an *******.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

Ya speeding I think everyone is guilty of that, I have been on the freeway and been well over 100, so what. The deal is not speeding per say, but running from the law is just plain stupid, and is dangerious for everyone involved. I would have to agree that is a jackass thing to do, just not worth it, even if you think you can get away, what happens when you decide you cant and you already tryed running what are you going to do.

JET
Old 03-18-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I'm the biggest ******* in here. Sorry guys, I have you beat. Just ask WS6-Speed. Just because there are some inexperienced 17 year olds that speed, I guess that makes me an INEXPERIENCED teen that speeds also. I have been pushing my car to its limits in empty parking lots and long private roads to have enough experience to get a little crazy every once in a while. I have put my car into an accidental spin at 60mph trying to dodge a huge box on the highway and I had no problems keeping control and recovering (slightly wet also). Now I will admit that 150 is a little fast and I hardly ever get crazy on public roads unless it is from a dead stop to 60-70 and I'm the only one within a 1/2 mile. High speed is not for me. I live for acceleration.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya speeding I think everyone is guilty of that, I have been on the freeway and been well over 100, so what. The deal is not speeding per say, but running from the law is just plain stupid, and is dangerious for everyone involved. I would have to agree that is a jackass thing to do, just not worth it, even if you think you can get away, what happens when you decide you cant and you already tryed running what are you going to do.

JET
I don't like running from them really. I just might try to lose them in the city streets and hide. Doing all this at no more than 5-10 over the speed limit. I'll only hide if I have a 2-3 block advantage or if they are heading the opposite direction. But 99% of the time, I will pull over. Don't exactly need a felony on my record.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I am 56 years old. Probably have done things that you young guys have not even thought of yet. Especially after my third Nam tour. Was a wild one!! Always thought I was 10' tall and bullet proof. Did my drag racing and my street racing. It was all fun.. I was lucky.. Have seen my friends thrown in jail for racing... Outran the law in the 70's in my Nova and my Firebird. But when you see your friends wraped around a tree as I have. Or seen the aftermath of a 120 MPH head on as I have. It will make you stop and think.. Save the racing for the track.... Even at my age I still want to smoke some young stud at a light. But now it is almost more fun to say Yup.. It looks and sounds bad... But I ain't gonna... Have nothing to prove!!!

Sorry for the long post.. But I want to see all my Young friends here live to enjoy another day!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

show 'em your *****..it always works
Old 03-18-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was goin down a two way street one time cop is goin the opposite way of me. I notice he turns on his blinker like hes gonna turn around. Immediate reaction i take my next right and follow it as far as i can. I dont consider that running. he didnt have his lights on and i didnt know if he was following me. I got pulled over about 5 min later for 45 in a 35.

Officer: License and Reg.(couldnt find my reg)
Me: What am i being pulled over for officer.
Officer: Give me your license and registration.
Me: I cant find my reg.
Officer: I saw your car goin down sandy lake at 45 mile an hour.
Me: I dont believe that was me officer i was following the speed limit on that road.
Officer: I know it was you, you were the only red camaro in the area.
Me: I know another kid that has one. He lives in that area.
Officer: Dont try to bullshit me.(not lying)
Me: Officer im serious I dont think i was speeding on that road.
Officer: Alright well im just gonna let you off with a warning.

Scotch free. Run down of my get offs.
1st time to get pulled over - had the principals son in my car. no ticket.
2nd time to get pulled over - Nice car. but i dont think you should be driving 25 over.
3rd time to get pulled over - I dont think that was me officer.
no front plates. no proof.

Last edited by Spenser309; 03-18-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by obseSSed
show 'em your *****..it always works
especially with yours......they're niiiice
Old 03-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Okay let me clear this up for you, this guy was a constable, that had a laser or whatever you want to call it on his gun. I know cause I saw the dam thing on me and it freaked me out. I guess that your saying that I am a liar, well your wrong. I know what I saw, no doubt about it, there are different types of laser sighting for pistols and they will fit in the holster.

JET

okay since you know eveything, I guess you think this wont fit in a holster ???? http://www.nightgalaxy.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=521
i am a police officer and the people who run are some of the stupidest people on earth. If the officer has a camera (and most do) we have your L.P. number.I have just meet many people at their house instead of endangering the public with that B.S. Besides that DPS will shoot you! o yea the comment on the laser sight is possible. The laser takes place of the guide rod therefor it does not stick out.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

The laser is a Lasermax. I had one in my previous glock. They're great. It's hard to lie about things nowadays b/c most patrol cars have video. Especially if the officer is quick enough to get you on tape. We're a 2,000 pop. town and all our cars have audio/video. But we have a "no persuit" policy now, thanks to our wonderful Chief. So come on down to De Kalb,Tx if you want run from the police. We can only go 10 over the speed limit on a felony persuit. What a bunch of B.S.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Dont you guys watch the dave chapelle show?? If you run from the cops your just delayin the *** whoopin and there gonna be pissed now!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brains
To each his own, but I had the GTO up on 140 MPH yesterday (2 lane protected feeder, no traffic) and years ago had my Formula up on 170 MPH (late at night, deserted mega-freeway). I'm a baaaaaad maaaaaaannnnnnn....
I was about 200rpm from shifting into 6th gear at WOT out in katy, that was intresting.