Texas cops

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Texas cops

Why are they doing their job, lol. In my year or so of owning 2 Z28s i have managed to evade the police either by hiding when they are chasing me or flat out run from them. I moved here to Tomball about 2 months ago and have managed to pick up a speeding warning and 59 in a 40 speeding ticket. Both of those because of traffic and not being able to get away. I dont condone speeding or running from the law but i have had a clean record since i started driving and wanted to keep it that way.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself.. I would rather have the ticket. Taking a chance on killing myself or even worse, someone elese is just not worth it. Just my 2 cents worth
Old 03-18-2005, 06:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Yea, it's not worth getting a felony just because you don't want to take defensive driving. Besides, DPS is trigger happy..they will shoot you.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

yah you guys are right, i know better, but alot of the times i can get away without speeding, just by pulling behind a restaurant or something, like i said i dont agree with doing it and i need to grow up and cut that **** out
Old 03-18-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man, smart guy posts his full name, and where he lives in a thread talking about felony evasion. I guess there's no cops on this site to worry about
Old 03-18-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brains
Man, smart guy posts his full name, and where he lives in a thread talking about felony evasion. I guess there's no cops on this site to worry about

LOL, i know right, now i feel like an even bigger jackass, that was in NC that i did those things, i have yet to do that since i moved here, i have been trying to straighten out since i am a civilian now and pretty much on my own over here

Last edited by PSYKOZ28; 03-18-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
LOL, i know right, now i feel like an even bigger jackass
Old 03-18-2005, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Smokie and the Bandit did it.Bo and luke Duke used to do it.Move to Hollywood bro.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man Brains, I was gonna post the same thing.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

LOL, i know right, now i feel like an even bigger jackass, that was in NC that i did those things, i have yet to do that since i moved here, i have been trying to straighten out since i am a civilian now and pretty much on my own over here
where in NC were you? cause i'm out here now and this place is garbage. a lot of rice that run around here thinking there're just or so fast.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

Hmm lets see here, run from the cops FELONY, wait and get a ticket and pay an attorney 100 bucks PRICELESS LOL

Man you just have to appear like your running from the cops and you are nailed with a Evading arrest. Believe me.

One night I was going down 1960/kurkyendaul area, a friend and his aunt was with me. We just left ashburys, going to Rookies. My friend said get on it and show my aunt how fast it is, so I turned the bottle on, and was speeding, never saw a cop, pull into Rookies, and went around the side, no parking, went behind the building thinking I could take the alley way to the other side of the parking lot. Well the alley ended, dead end, cop pulls up lights were on, and I was backing up, so I stopped, and got out and asked what the probelm was, look down on my chest and there was this little red light, and hear freeze, no fun. Well I can tell you that it was not worth all the hassle and court crap to get it all straight, that was when it was a misdomiener. I got DWI,DWLS,EVADING. Got out of everything, but to the tune of 14-16K.

JET
Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

DONT run from a cop! Ive done it myself a couple times back home in longview, but thats a different story. This city is way too crowded. If you dont wreck trying to get away, youll end up with about 30 cops behind you,a helicopter & some stop sticks (to blow out your tires), getting yanked out of your car and beaten. Youll be lucky if they dont kick your ***, but they probably will.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

i was at Seymour Johnson AFB in goldsboro, but ya..no more running, and start reducing my speeds, maybe leave my bottle empty till i head to a track so im not tempted
Old 03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Banned

i was at Seymour Johnson AFB in goldsboro, but ya..no more running, and start reducing my speeds, maybe leave my bottle empty till i head to a track so im not tempted

Get a radar detector, plain and simple, sure it ain't fool proof, but they do help. I have been saved by mine many times.

Wouldn't worry about the bottle being full or not, cause you better have more than a bottle to run from Houston cops. I have seen people run many times, and not get away, all it will do is two things, actually Three.

1 FELONY
2 YOUR A$$ BEAT IF NOT SHOT
3 COST YOU A **** LOAD OF MONEY, GUILTY OR NOT.

JET
Old 03-18-2005, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one have the video of the pewter TA in Houston running from the cops a aouple of years ago?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

yes i believe i will pick a radar detector up, i always thought i was a human radar detector, but when its dark out i cant see the cops so the radar will come in handy
Old 03-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z06 JET
Hmm lets see here, run from the cops FELONY, wait and get a ticket and pay an attorney 100 bucks PRICELESS LOL

Man you just have to appear like your running from the cops and you are nailed with a Evading arrest. Believe me.

One night I was going down 1960/kurkyendaul area, a friend and his aunt was with me. We just left ashburys, going to Rookies. My friend said get on it and show my aunt how fast it is, so I turned the bottle on, and was speeding, never saw a cop, pull into Rookies, and went around the side, no parking, went behind the building thinking I could take the alley way to the other side of the parking lot. Well the alley ended, dead end, cop pulls up lights were on, and I was backing up, so I stopped, and got out and asked what the probelm was, look down on my chest and there was this little red light, and hear freeze, no fun. Well I can tell you that it was not worth all the hassle and court crap to get it all straight, that was when it was a misdomiener. I got DWI,DWLS,EVADING. Got out of everything, but to the tune of 14-16K.

JET
You almost got tazed!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeRedLX
You almost got tazed!
ha ha I wish that was what it was, try he had a laser scope, and a 45 behind that laser beam.

I have been thrown up on the back of my old car, with a sherriff in the car one time, and he was in reg clothes, he waited till the cop came up and showed his information, and he let me go, I did nothing but speed, I am sure that some people remember this incident, it was when we use to go beltway booming, and I just had gone to get my car.

JET
Old 03-18-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Caribe
Any one have the video of the pewter TA in Houston running from the cops a aouple of years ago?
Do a search here in the texas section, I remember someone posting up a link about it, man that was back in the day before street racing became a felony But a friend and I outran a DPS on 290, we didnt excessivly speed, just went into 5th gear from 6th and slowly accelerated to 95. The DPS was sitting in the ditch used instant on with his radar, and then got stuck trying to get out.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you looking for an adrenaline rush, then definitely run from the cops! I've only done it a couple of times but only because I knew I could get away. A couple of weeks after I got my SS, I was heading down the highway and passed a sheriff doing 150 or so. I was already in the next town 15 miles away hiding in the parking lot just waiting and watching for him to come flying by. When he came back, he wasn't alone, he had 2 of his buddies with him already. Luckily they didn't see me and flew right past me doing 100-120.