How's the Jersey Village area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 08:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Default How's the Jersey Village area?

I don't want to live there, but there's a good job located there, which I'm thinking about taking. It's not the cleanest area, but is it 'unsafe'?
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:13 PM
Banned

very nice for the most part, nothing to worry about in the area.

JET
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

I appreciate it.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

I graduated from Jersey Village High school many moons ago (1991).
There are alot of nice houses out there, and they have their own police and fire department.
Crime wise I wouldn't worry about anything.
If I remember correctly there was someone that decided to rob the "Bank of America" right there on Jones rd. Needless to say they were caught within' minutes.
In the back of J.V. there are some houses that are friggin' the size of a small neighborhood!
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Anyone familiar with Brittmoore Rd?
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:36 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

IMO it's one of those areas that is fine during the day, but I wouldn't want to be there at night. I work just a little east of there myself. There are nice areas in and around the area though. You have to be specific.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:36 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

This is my area of town I work in(The High School I teach/Coach at). Nice part of town. I would live there if my wife wasn't the Head Volleyball Coach at Clements High Scholol in Sugarland.

Cool place to live.

Coach
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackZ28
Anyone familiar with Brittmoore Rd?
Mostly it's not a bad area - industrial. If it's a night job, I might consider a throwdown car. But that's just "might". You really shouldn't have trouble, other than door dings from your lovely co-workers.

If it has anything to do with CAD, let me know. I could use a new boss - one who thinks 40 hours a week is perfect.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks all. I REALLY appreciate the assistance. Todd I wish I had expertise in that area, but I DON'T.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I live in Jersey Village. I also am a Senior at JVHS.

The neighborhood itself is very nice, a little "too" safe for me. (Frickin JV cops)

I don't know how you got the idea that is was unclean or unsafe.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Maybe it was just my wife. She's not used to seeing so many Latinos hanging out together. We drove around and it just doesn't even compare to the Spring area in cleanliness and overall appearance. Must be nice to have that car in HS.
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe it was just my wife. She's not used to seeing so many Latinos hanging out together. We drove around and it just doesn't even compare to the Spring area in cleanliness and overall appearance. Must be nice to have that car in HS.

well that could be from the h.s. itself bc the school is very diverse, and alot of shittier neighborhoods come into that school

i myself graduated from JVHS in 03 and live off of west road in willow lake, no crime and a great area, i have lived there in that area all my life
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

no complaints about the village, except the cops are ****** ********
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02Z06man
no complaints about the village, except the cops are ****** ********
just very strict
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

As the others have said... I too went to Jersey Village High School and grew up in the area my whole life. Jersey Village itself is a safe place and I'm not sure where the unclean part came from either. However, getting over on brittmore, 529, west little york... Things start to change, but I don't think Jersey Village crosses the tracks at Hempstead. Honestly things do change on the other side of the tracks, but still not much to worry about. Just keep an eye out if you end up driving through Carverdale alone... (hempstead & gessner)
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

The following is an excerpt from a previous inquiry as to "how the hell an 18 year old has this car?!"

boggles my mind how you guys can acquire such nice vehicles at such young ages!!!!
Yeah, mine too. I've been saving every penny since I was like 10. I put basically every check in the bank, forewent movies/dates/outings/dinner/lunch/clothes/stuff in order to save up for my car. I put a 5k downpayment on it and am paying all of my insurance/note/gas/mods. It wasn't easy, (just look at my "custom user title"-!money) but when I want something this bad, I'm willing to work for it and nothing stands in my way. I'm just glad I finally got it.
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bdubb
As the others have said... I too went to Jersey Village High School and grew up in the area my whole life. Jersey Village itself is a safe place and I'm not sure where the unclean part came from either. However, getting over on brittmore, 529, west little york... Things start to change, but I don't think Jersey Village crosses the tracks at Hempstead. Honestly things do change on the other side of the tracks, but still not much to worry about. Just keep an eye out if you end up driving through Carverdale alone... (hempstead & gessner)
Hey, are you a member of 24hour Fitness?
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bdubb
Jersey Village Is a very clean and safe area. Like said above once you get on the other side of 290 it's a run down part of town. But jersey village has a lot of upscale homes...it's a very nice area. I lived a Fallbrook and The Beltway for a couple of years, also lived at Jones and West for a couple of years. I loved the area. I live by Willowbrook now and can't stand all the traffic. Where exactaly will you be working?
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, and I got a great deal on the Fikse's. Still payin' the last $200 off.
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, I think I've counted about 11 LS1s in JV.

Come join the club!

Quick Reply: How's the Jersey Village area?