I'll be in TX for a couple of days. What should I see?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PiP
You can't compare a chain restaurant like Texas Land & Cattle to Del Friscos!
i wasnt comparing anything, but if it would make ppl feel better ill say it like this!!

if you want a GREAT "manufactured" steak that is unbeatable (IMO) go with TL&C!!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
PiP
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
i wasnt comparing anything, but if it would make ppl feel better ill say it like this!!

if you want a GREAT "manufactured" steak that is unbeatable (IMO) go with TL&C!!
So what other steak restaurants in Ft. Worth have you eaten at? Just curious.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PiP
So what other steak restaurants in Ft. Worth have you eaten at? Just curious.
oh im just refering to one i like, im from the houston area, but i have eatin at saltgrass, outback, texas roadhouse, TL&C, ruth's chris, and some others, i wasnt saying anyone elses idea's were crap, i was just offering my opinion to what i think is best out of the places i have been too...
Old 04-29-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn!!! With all the suggestions I should just move down there!

Thanks guys!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

you're more than welcome to do that. just have to have a huge TX only sale
Old 04-29-2005, 10:04 PM
PiP
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
oh im just refering to one i like, im from the houston area, but i have eatin at saltgrass, outback, texas roadhouse, TL&C, ruth's chris, and some others, i wasnt saying anyone elses idea's were crap, i was just offering my opinion to what i think is best out of the places i have been too...
Cool

Hey Tom, you want to stop in a bar and have a beer around the non-yuppy crowd, go to Angelos BBQ. (Note: their BBQ isnt that great anymore)
Old 04-29-2005, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

I havent been to TLC or 3 forks but my vote for best steak goes to Taste of Texas. you can pick out your own steak from the kitchen area and the bacon wrapped centercut fillet is the best Ive ever had
Old 04-30-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

You know, oddly enough, the best steak I've ever had wasn't even in Texas. And I've eaten at all of the above restaurants and then some (Dan McKlusky's in Austin is also excellent). Also ate at Ruth's Chris in San Francisco. Best steak I've ever eaten was at Ruth's Chris in Toronto, Ontario, Canada if you can believe it. I've eaten there a few times now, and every time they were consistently good in their service and the quality of the food. Nothing like having a New York strip practically melt in your mouth it's so tender.

Del Frisco's and Dan McKlusky's (too bad they closed the one in the Arboretum because it was slightly better than the one on sixth street - and having them present your uncooked steak for your approval at your table beats having to go pick out your own steak, IMO) are the best I've eaten in Texas so far. Ruth's Chris in Houston could do better. Taste of Texas is also good. Old San Francisco Steak House is pretty good, too. Also had good steaks at Steak & Ale in both Houston and Arlington.

Don't go by just the name. Even big name restaurants can screw up a good cut of meat on an off day. Outback in Mesquite is far better than the Outback I ate at off 75 and 635 in Dallas. If you truly want the best possible service (at the highest price premium - you'd be lucky to get out of there for less than $150 for two people), then you want Del Frisco's. Even if by chance they screw it up, they will bend over backwards to make everything exactly the way you want it. No fuss, no attitude, no compromise. Last time I was at Del Frisco in Dallas, I had a 24 ounce (yes, 24 ounces of meat) lobster tail. Unbelievable (and for almost $100 just for the tail, it better have been ). Another great steak experience came from a place called Vinny's in Raleigh, SC. I remember that experience cost me about $450 for 3 people. Reminded me of Del Frisco's.

Here's your huckleberry:

Last edited by CySevans; 04-30-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Tom,

For a slightly different dinning experience and love meat I would suggest you try one of the Brazilian Steak houses here in the DFW/FTW area. There's Boi Na Braza, Texas De Brazil and Fogo De Chow, they all serve many different cuts of meat and it's all you can eat. I personally prefer Boi Na Braza in Grapevine but they are all good.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

the beach
Old 05-02-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

looks like we all should go eat out lol, steak sounds good right now and it's 1:38 in the morning lol
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Tom,

Where are you picking the car up from? shoot me a PM if u want
Old 05-02-2005, 09:28 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brandon
Cattleman's steakhouse at the stockyards is damn good, kinda high priced, but great steak!
Werd. Haven't been since about '97, but it was damn good back then.

Have heard good things about Fogo de chow, but haven't been personally.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Please stop posting meal pictures. My mouth is watering for that one!

Thank you for all of the recommendations. I'll probably gain about 5 extra lbs while I'm down there.

We're picking the car up from Pro Auto Group in Fort Worth.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe a bunch of us can get together and go eat some steak when toms in town, but that ones up to tom he might just want to be left alone lol.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all of those brazilian restaurants are excellent, just dont eat the salad or bread before the cuts of meat start swarming around your table. The first time i ate at a rest. like Fogo's was actually in Bulgaria, and that **** was excellent! I think it was called Rio De Brazil.....had a great bottle of 1982 cabernet to go with the steaks.....
Old 05-04-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbyrne
My wife and I will be flying to Ft.Worth in a few weeks to pick up a Mercedes S500 and then driving back to MA.
What are the dates?

May 21 and 22 the Camaro Mustang Challenge series, American Iron and American Iron Extreme series will be having it's May races at Motorsports Ranch, 20 minutes SW of Ft. Worth.

Come out and see the cars that have TByrne Motorsports parts on them race ...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not making any definate plans because I'll be in and out pretty quick. We'll probably fly in next Thursday or Friday afternoon, spend that rest of that day and maybe part of Friday in TX and then start the drive home. I'm giving myself a little extra time so I don't have to rush to get home for Sunday.