f**k The 1960 Trooper (Got me again!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a video camra and set that bastard up, you know where he sits.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
ummm..you shouldn't have opened your hood...since you did, that is called a "consent search".

And by "air induction" did he mean the A.I.R. system? Did you remove it?
they will use the fact of no muffler as probable cause to pop the hood to check for emission related eqitment.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
ah, i knew it was one or the other, just couldn't remember which.....i did get the year models correct, tho, right?

yup!! lol
Old 05-16-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stang killer
they will use the fact of no muffler as probable cause to pop the hood to check for emission related eqitment.

I personally don't think that would hold up in court. But then again, if you're not a cop or judge, you're a lying sack of **** to the judge even when you tell the truth.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh Garrett i had to laugh reading this plus im drunk its even funnier, your brave talking to that ***** like that but it was too funny i got the same ticket from him so dont feel bad it just really sucks good luck with it
Jason.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

What a *****. I would definitely fight this one.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So that was you pulled over in the Chili's parking lot @ 290/HWY-6 ? There was a C-6 that looked exactly like the car in your sig pulled over with the hood open as we were leaving the KIM-KIM Vietnamese restaurant . My buddy has been pulled over by this very same A$$hole and has had to change his exhaust on his little mild B1 cammed f-body as well . Sorry to hear you got popped . As far as " air induction system ", how the hell is your car going to run without a throttlebody or intake ???
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Judging by your dialogue, you may have contributed to getting the ticket. I always make it a habit of sticking to "Yes, sir. No, sir. Sorry, sir." I've had more warnings than I've had tickets as a direct result of showing respect. This habit comes from my father, who is a 12 year veteran of the police force. Take my advice and play ignorant, be apologetic and respectful, and your ratio of tickets to warnings will improve.

Case in point, I've been stopped 3 times in the last 5 months, and I only got one ticket. Last time (last week), he got me for speeding and no front plate. Let me off with a warning. And I was on 1960. The only ticket that stuck was in Tomball proper (I guess they really need the revenue).
Old 05-16-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man. That hurts. That makes me not want to go out at night. :no:
Old 05-16-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CySevans
Take my advice and play ignorant, be apologetic and respectful, and your ratio of tickets to warnings will improve.

Not with this State Trooper...he's a ****.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

From what I hear about this trooper it won't matter how polite you are to him. I'm with the others on thinking he meant the A.I.R. system which he may have decided you didn't have because of the kooks. Like others have asked, does a C6 even have a A.I.R. system?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I work here in Jersey Village and I know I've seen that trooper at least 10 times a week. I always see somone pulled over on 290 all the time
Old 05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I played the yes sir, no sir, ignorant game, and it got me absolutely no where. I guess they are tired of playing with the loud, slow, and easy to catch imports and it's back to picking on the V8 guys again.

BTW for the ticket, all you have to do is call, get a case number and fax in receipts showing the parts being reinstalled and they will dismiss it. You don't even have to go up there.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I played the stupid I just got my car gig and he still gave me a no cats ticket. This is the only guy that does it, no other trooper cares. When I had my trie duals on the car, I was sweating bullets sitting next to a different trooper at a red light, and even though the duals had cats, they were a lot louder than at idle that my borla ORY set up, the reverberated everything within 25 feet. He didnt give two ****.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Even so, what are the odds that this fucktard would know what the hell an A.I.R. system looks like anyways?

That sucks, where is this exactly anyways? I'll know to stay away?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
Even so, what are the odds that this fucktard would know what the hell an A.I.R. system looks like anyways?

Its right under the overpass of 290 and hwy 6(1960). Sometimes there's more than one of them parked there (like they need backup or something). They will try and stop you for anything. It's ridiculous, and the fact is, there's probably a robbery or some real crime goin on down the street and those lazy ****** are too "busy" stopping people for practically no reason.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The DPS doesn't generally do the criminal type acts that you'd see another department working. State Troopers are in charge of emission testing centers and other things on the road, more than they are with say armed robbery.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bdubb
The DPS doesn't generally do the criminal type acts that you'd see another department working. State Troopers are in charge of emission testing centers and other things on the road, more than they are with say armed robbery.

That guy had his eyes on my a couple times in the Z. Once when i was sitting at the light on grant/eldridge-i was turning left, and he was a car back in the next lane going straight(or turning right). So i look in my rearview, and see a DPS, when i notice the guy actually cracked his door open and is staring at the back of my car....he left me alone though.

another time i saw him way in advance but he was way ahead of me on huffmeister heading the same direction. He turned onto cypress north houston(same way i was going) and quickly pulled into the mcdonalds into a parking space -taking up two lanes, and rolls his windows down. Im seeing all of this from Huffmeister before even turning onto Cypress North Houston. So i just stuck her in third and crept by at 900rpm or so. Once again, he didnt come after me.

My cars definetly loud. Big cam-borla open plate, no cats.

This guy were talking about is black, right?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SJRTX
My cars definetly loud. Big cam-borla open plate, no cats.

This guy were talking about is black, right?
HEll yeah youre car is LOUD!!!! nice lope toooo....
Old 05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SierraCrew

One of the troopers I work with said he has been a car freak since he was a kid. He said he also owns a vette but he wasn't sure what year. His job as a state trooper is emissions and inspections. The car he drives also says this underneath the trooper seal on both front doors. Uou might see others with highway patrol or truck enforcement divisions listed on them. He works the streets mainly at night or early morning but goes to different inspection places during the days. When he does patrol it is the 290/1960 area in NW Houston.